Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,431
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,553)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Baby
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:01 PM
41,031 Views  0 Posts
The Polar Express (Movie...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:00 PM
44,007 Views  0 Posts
Seeing Christmas...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:16 PM
49,939 Views  0 Posts
Gift 4 Re-Gifting: Yes or No?
By MMC Editor
01-25-2013 09:05 AM
Last post by Bradmac
04-14-2013 05:01 PM
43,489 Views  2 Posts
Developing an Attitude...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:24 PM
45,134 Views  0 Posts

Old 02-15-2013, 07:54 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,844 Times in 2,712 Posts
Ryan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa envious
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Please send prayers, good vibes and thoughts my way! I am going to the gym again today when I just started back on my Birthday, Wednesday. Why I ask for this request, a few of you already know about some terrible fatigue issues I have suffered in the past and when I would go to the gym in the I always felt WORSE after my workout instead of feeling energized. In general I felt awful all the time and getting ill very easily, not just from working out. That has never been the norm for me. I stayed on a work out routine for over 5 years and always felt great but this time around it lingered on for a long time so I froze my gym membership for several months and worked on a few things with my health in a holistic manner (it would take forever to list everything!). Wednesday I felt awesome after my work out and hoping for the same results today! My whole goal in working out is JUST TO FEEL GREAT AGAIN, nothing else- not trying to lose weight or body building-just need energy to live a long healthy life!!!

This IS NOT a downer post but a "FEEL TERRIFIC POST"!!! Send happy things my way, please!!! I will report back later!

Have a Merry Day my Christmas Friends!!!!
Praying! I hope it goes well today and you find yourself with a lot of energy!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (02-15-2013), caninemom3 (02-15-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (02-15-2013), Christmasstar (02-15-2013), mgramsey (02-15-2013), Seawaters (02-15-2013), snowflake22 (02-15-2013), xmas365 (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 08:01 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,338 Times in 9,026 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by mgramsey View Post
Good Friday morning everyone.

More crazy weather here. We go from a much too warm high of 52 today to a much more comfortable high of 32 tomorrow with some light snow.

We are making the 3 hour drive down to check on my parents this weekend so I will miss the snow. But I'm happy to say they seem to be doing ok. Mom has surprised all of us, including her doctor, once again and bounced back to have a good couple of weeks.

Have a blessed weekend everyone.
So happy about your mom and will continue to pray!
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
More power to your energy! Hoping you keep feeling great!
(It's that purple bicycle, you know ... )
Purple power!!!
Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
I will be praying for you!

Have you ever tried taking a Vitamin B complex? I take it once in a while when I'm fatigued and need a pick-me-up energy-wise.
You have NO IDEA what all I have tried!!! I could write a book! I just never discussed it on here all that I have been going through, wanted to wait for good news instead of "gloomy" news to report. Yes, all B vitamins including B12 injections. I DO APPRECIATE the advice and will continue to take as much as possible because not sure it's over yet but hoping it is! Thank you for the suggestion! Doctors have been clueless for a few years about it so I took matters into my own hands and studied nutrition and trying many things! Becoming my own doctor seems to be working better than an MD. I am not knocking doctors at all!!! We have to have them, I just have a "hard to diagnose case" I guess. Maybe just involving nutrition and possible deficiencies that some doctors don't usually study. Hopefully I am on the road to recovery! I hope and pray! At least I feel happy through all this!

Anyway, MERRY THOUGHTS, MERRY THOUGHTS! Christmas is a good cure too!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (02-15-2013), caninemom3 (02-15-2013), Christmasstar (02-15-2013), MerryCarey (02-15-2013), mgramsey (02-15-2013), Seawaters (02-15-2013), snowflake22 (02-15-2013), whitney37354 (02-19-2013), xmas365 (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 08:10 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,971 Times in 13,815 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint

More crazy weather here. We go from a much too warm high of 52 today to a much more comfortable high of 32 tomorrow with some light snow.

We are making the 3 hour drive down to check on my parents this weekend so I will miss the snow. But I'm happy to say they seem to be doing ok. Mom has surprised all of us, including her doctor, once again and bounced back to have a good couple of weeks.

Have a safe trip, mgramsey.
You & your parents are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad that your Mom has been having some good weeks!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:11 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
CAH, good luck at the gym today!
Good vibes, thoughts, and lots of energy coming your way!! =}
Old 02-15-2013, 08:42 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,602 Times in 4,412 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Made, let us know what they say about our mom. Praying!

Xmas, hope ou back is better today. Praying!

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Please send prayers, good vibes and thoughts my way!
This IS NOT a downer post but a "FEEL TERRIFIC POST"!!! Send happy things my way, please!!! I will report back later!
CAH, I hope your day and your energy levels are great! Praying!

Sorry you're going to miss the snow. I am, too. But I'm glad you parents are doing ok. Have a good visit. Praying for you guys, too!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:32 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,341 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I love to pay it forward. The other day going through Starbucks, I did it for the five cars behind me. When the clerk asked if I wanted my receipt, I quickly said no!!! LOL! I admit I do it for selfish reasons--it feels wonderful to do so. When my four kids were younger, I could not have done it, but so many people helped ME out. I don't feel guilty when I can't do it every day; but I do feel great when I can! I think I told you guys about the young man who paid for our Valentine's Day dinner (can't remember if it were last year or the year before). He also paid for another couple's dinner at the same time, plus his own. That was so special, and I remembered how I felt. I just want others to have that same happy feeling. I honestly wish there were a way to do it more often and to pay it forward HERE!!! The best we can ALL do is to continue to treat each other with respect because paying it forward does not have to involve money--that's the good thing. We can offer our services to those who need them, use our talents. Like what Star and MC do and what CAH does when she babysits. Tutoring is another way to pay it forward!

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post

We have the most wonderful customers at Subway in Tavistock! One of them stopped in tonight to say thank you for making him great subs and to wish me a happy Valentines day, and gave me this lovely rose. Last week a customer paid for dinner for another when our debit machine was done, telling her simply to pay it forward and do the same for someone else.
I love working in a place were people come first.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:33 AM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Those customers know that they have the best "servers," too!!!

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post

We have the most wonderful customers at Subway in Tavistock! One of them stopped in tonight to say thank you for making him great subs and to wish me a happy Valentines day, and gave me this lovely rose. Last week a customer paid for dinner for another when our debit machine was done, telling her simply to pay it forward and do the same for someone else.
I love working in a place were people come first.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:34 AM

Last Achievements

Lol, tts!!!

Originally Posted by 'tis the season View Post
happy friday everyone and a belated happy valentine's day to you all. I'm working all weekend so no days off for 15 days straight, which is rubbish. On the upside i'm going out for dinner tomorrow with my wife to celebrate valentines day. I can't believe its half way through feb already. Have a good one people. Also we have spotted a large yellow thing in the sky which some claim is the sun :d spring is on the way!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:37 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
I love to pay it forward. The other day going through Starbucks, I did it for the five cars behind me. When the clerk asked if I wanted my receipt, I quickly said no!!! LOL! I admit I do it for selfish reasons--it feels wonderful to do so. When my four kids were younger, I could not have done it, but so many people helped ME out. I don't feel guilty when I can't do it every day; but I do feel great when I can! I think I told you guys about the young man who paid for our Valentine's Day dinner (can't remember if it were last year or the year before). He also paid for another couple's dinner at the same time, plus his own. That was so special, and I remembered how I felt. I just want others to have that same happy feeling. I honestly wish there were a way to do it more often and to pay it forward HERE!!! The best we can ALL do is to continue to treat each other with respect because paying it forward does not have to involve money--that's the good thing. We can offer our services to those who need them, use our talents. Like what Star and MC do and what CAH does when she babysits. Tutoring is another way to pay it forward!
That was very thoughtful of you!!!

I wish there were more people like you and our MMC friends in this world =]

And I wish we all lived closer!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:41 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Harlowe Jean and I just took a nice walk. It was brisk out, but sunny and beautiful at the same time!! We walked along the outer edge of our development, near the woods. This was our view. So peaceful!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360946469.397057.jpg