Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,442
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,002)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
What is Mrs. Claus'...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:53 PM
57,524 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Bells
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:12 PM
52,475 Views  0 Posts
Washington's Christmas...
By MMC Editor
07-03-2011 09:16 PM
58,514 Views  0 Posts
My Neighbor, My Friend
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:31 PM
49,419 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree Safety
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:51 PM
45,279 Views  0 Posts

Old 02-15-2013, 09:42 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,342 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I will "share," Snowflake. I am really excited about trying them. I tried to get each one different so I can decide which ones I will want to order more of later. I love cupcakes, regular cakes, and cookies!!!

You are right about CM3/SPBW. She looks especially beautiful when she is with those she loves! I love the pics of her in her wedding gown! Just beautiful!

Not any big weekend plans except to do some laundry and to continue organizing. It's about time! I now feel so great physically that I need to take advantage without overdoing it! Slow but steady wins the race, unless you are on the tracks "frequented" by Made and Coach, of course!!!

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Good Morning!!

TGIF!!!

Jennifer, good luck on your test! You'll do great!

Seawaters, your cupcake choices sound delectable You & Jennifer will have to let us know how they taste! They sound like heaven!

CM3, thanks for saying that. You are beautiful!! And should put your own pics on FB too, I love the ones you've shared with us, especially the ones of you & your sister, and you & your furkids. You look so happy

What are your plans for the weekend?

My sister may drive to Eau Claire tomorrow if the weather is nice. I would love to see her, and just have sister time. Fingers are crossed.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Xo
Old 02-15-2013, 09:44 AM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
You are right about Jennifer doing great! She is so mindful of her scholarly "duties"!!!

Good Morning!!

TGIF!!!

Jennifer, good luck on your test! You'll do great!

Seawaters, your cupcake choices sound delectable You & Jennifer will have to let us know how they taste! They sound like heaven!

CM3, thanks for saying that. You are beautiful!! And should put your own pics on FB too, I love the ones you've shared with us, especially the ones of you & your sister, and you & your furkids. You look so happy

What are your plans for the weekend?

My sister may drive to Eau Claire tomorrow if the weather is nice. I would love to see her, and just have sister time. Fingers are crossed.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Xo
Old 02-15-2013, 09:46 AM

Last Achievements

Made,
How is your mom feeling today? Neuropathy is no fun whatsoever!!!

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
It's been one of those days. My cousin works with my mom and called me about noon saying that he was bringing her home. Apperantly she had been having problems writing and she said that her whole right said was numb. So when he got her here I took her to the er. The doctor said that she was really weak on the right side and wanted to make sure she didn't have a stroke. So they did a CT scan and it came back okay. She was never slurring her speech or anything so I never really thought it was a stroke to begin with. So the ER doctor called and set her up an appointment with a neurologist for tomorrow morning. I never thought it was a stroke to begin with. She never slurred her speech or anything. I'm pretty sure it's Diabetic neuropathy but I guess we will see what the doctor says tomorrow.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:52 AM

Last Achievements

Another post I forgot to comment on! Let's see, let's see. What could I say is my excuse THIS time, LOL??? I hope your wife's day was extra special! I am sure, though, that you made it so!

[QUOTE=Christmas-A-Holic;503955]

Ryan, Happy Birthday to your wife!!!

QUOTE]
Old 02-15-2013, 09:59 AM

Last Achievements

How incredibly sweet that was of them AND of YOU!!! I am sure that YOU think it is part of your job, but to me, that's being a blessing to someone else! It reminds me about gift-giving. Homemade gifts are wonderful and more special, most of the time, than store-bought ones. Don't you know how you feel when your kids do something special for you? Right now, none of my kids could monetarily afford to get me anything; but a phone conversation honestly makes my day! In addition, my kids are so respectful that my pride sometimes gets in my way! I better watch that!

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
That is so sweet!!! I work around great people too but have never been given a flower. I am sure that made your day!!!!

Something I did forget to share on here but I did have a couple come into my job on Sunday and I was helping them gather items for a garden and giving them tips on different things. The wife is waiting on a matched donor for a kidney. The told me about a blog they have for her and gave me the website. When I went onto to read about it they mentioned me in it and said how nice and helpful I was. That made my day!!! It is nice to be appreciated, isn't it?!
Old 02-15-2013, 10:01 AM

Last Achievements

That's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!!!

There is nothing like being appreciated!!

And you two definitely deserve it

You're both amazing women!! xx
Old 02-15-2013, 10:06 AM

Last Achievements

Looky, looky, looky! With this post, Snowflake is poster #7000!!! WOW! For her efforts, she wins ALL (you read that right), all of the cupcake liners after I have eaten the cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcakes!!! I might even leave a few crumbs! How lucky can one person be???

There is nothing like being appreciated!!

And you two definitely deserve it

You're both amazing women!! xx
Bradmac (02-15-2013), caninemom3 (02-15-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (02-15-2013), Christmasstar (02-15-2013), jennifer91 (02-15-2013), snowflake22 (02-15-2013), whitney37354 (02-19-2013), xmas365 (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 10:08 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 82,534 Times in 13,909 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
I will "share," Snowflake. I am really excited about trying them. I tried to get each one different so I can decide which ones I will want to order more of later. I love cupcakes, regular cakes, and cookies!!!

You are right about CM3/SPBW. She looks especially beautiful when she is with those she loves! I love the pics of her in her wedding gown! Just beautiful!

Not any big weekend plans except to do some laundry and to continue organizing. It's about time! I now feel so great physically that I need to take advantage without overdoing it! Slow but steady wins the race, unless you are on the tracks "frequented" by Made and Coach, of course!!!
So happy for you! Even cleaning isn't bad when you feel great xx
Old 02-15-2013, 10:09 AM

Last Achievements

Everything positive on its way to you! You deserve to feel great!

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Please send prayers, good vibes and thoughts my way! I am going to the gym again today when I just started back on my Birthday, Wednesday. Why I ask for this request, a few of you already know about some terrible fatigue issues I have suffered in the past and when I would go to the gym in the I always felt WORSE after my workout instead of feeling energized. In general I felt awful all the time and getting ill very easily, not just from working out. That has never been the norm for me. I stayed on a work out routine for over 5 years and always felt great but this time around it lingered on for a long time so I froze my gym membership for several months and worked on a few things with my health in a holistic manner (it would take forever to list everything!). Wednesday I felt awesome after my work out and hoping for the same results today! My whole goal in working out is JUST TO FEEL GREAT AGAIN, nothing else- not trying to lose weight or body building-just need energy to live a long healthy life!!!

This IS NOT a downer post but a "FEEL TERRIFIC POST"!!! Send happy things my way, please!!! I will report back later!

Have a Merry Day my Christmas Friends!!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 10:10 AM

Last Achievements

Truly glad that you found her. Guys just don't seem to understand how important this is, huh?

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
In my line of business, I think of typos as job security.

This new hairdresser said I had great hair with great color and shine. I asked if I should use a little mousse regularly to keep it in place, and she said she didn't think I needed it. She also spent more time on my cut than my usual hairdresser. It's a little shorter than usual, but it looks cute! I made my next appointment with her.