Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,842
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, HVEKU

Old 02-17-2013, 04:40 AM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,486 Times in 9,275 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Originally Posted by Solice View Post
Good morning from Norway
Snowing today! I love it =)

Please still pray for my FIL, we dont know how many days he have left.
He is getting only painkillers and sedative now.
No nourishment at all.. Just laying there, waiting....
It's so terrible seeing him like that. His body is preparing for death.
And we....it's so unreal. I can't belive it's true! He is dying. Slowly. Painfully.
And his mind works 100%, and thats probobly the 'worst thing'...
Lying there dying, knowing it, and you cant communicate.
He is so frustrated and helpless...

Im sorry.. I just had to put it out there.... Thanx for reading..

Now, back to you guys and MMC.
Hope everyone is doing fine!
I have some posts to read - looking forward to that ♥
Oh Solice, I am so sorry for the pain and suffering your FIL is going through as well as the agony you all feel as his family watching this horrible turn of events. You NEVER have to apologize for posting anything. Families stick together through thick and thin and your Christmas family is here for you no matter what. I will keep praying for all of you. Please know that you are thought of every day and are loved, xo

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
made582 (02-17-2013), Meceka (02-18-2013), merrymistletoe (02-17-2013), Seawaters (02-17-2013), snowflake22 (02-17-2013), Solice (02-17-2013), xmas365 (02-17-2013)
Old 02-17-2013, 05:08 AM
Official MMC Countmeister

Last Achievements

Thanked 24,891 Times in 2,852 Posts
Crown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good Morning, Festive Friends of Fantastic Fun Frolics.

Now for someting that will really make you feel like frolicking:
Days to the Season: 269
Days to Christmas Day: 311
Day after tomorrow -- SINGLE DIGITS to the 300-day Christmas Day Milestone and double-200's count territory.
(We are so moving through this year. Over half way through February already!)

Cold, wet and snowy yesterday but without accumulation, as the temperature stayed over the freezing mark all day.
It is supposed to remain cold today but with no more precipitation.
At this hour, we stand at 27 chilly degrees here in the capital city.

Have a Super Sunday, Everyone!
And let the spirit of the Season keep you warm.
caninemom3 (02-17-2013), Christmas Knight (02-17-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (02-17-2013), made582 (02-17-2013), Meceka (02-18-2013), MerryCarey (02-17-2013), Seawaters (02-17-2013), snowflake22 (02-17-2013), Solice (02-17-2013), xmas365 (02-17-2013)
Old 02-17-2013, 06:43 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 99,638 Times in 17,363 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Solice, I'm so sorry. Sending lots of strength & love to you all. Our thoughts & prayers are with you & your family. Xo
Old 02-17-2013, 07:10 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 12,459 Times in 1,595 Posts
merrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemen
Solice, I am so sorry to hear the pain & suffering your FIL is enduring. I will pray for peace to pass over him. I am sorry the family has to witness this also. I will continue to pray for everyone. May God be with you all.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:11 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 51,986 Times in 9,434 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good Morning Everyone!

I don't want to be rude but I only had time to read some of your post and don't have time to respond to any. This is my busiest day of the week! All good, fun and positive stuff but BUSY!

Wayne and I were very busy yesterday too. We started the day sometime around 8:00 am and didn't get home until after 7:00 pm. (Well, we did drop by the house a couple of times in the afternoon to drop things off and get a bite to eat). Anyway, we ran lots of errands, came home and took our bikes out for a ride, then headed back out again. We went out for dinner, ran more errands then came home to listen to the Greasy Skillet! We had a fun day!!! We finally got our bike rack for the car so we can take them out to the lake. I am getting excited about that!

Coach, glad your wife is feeling better!

Caninemom, I know all too well about foods that make you sick. Seems to happen to me ALL THE TIME! I hope you feel better today!!!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (02-17-2013), caninemom3 (02-17-2013), made582 (02-17-2013), Meceka (02-18-2013), merrymistletoe (02-18-2013), Seawaters (02-17-2013), snowflake22 (02-17-2013), Solice (02-17-2013), xmas365 (02-17-2013)
Old 02-17-2013, 07:13 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 51,986 Times in 9,434 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Solice, I am so very sorry about your father in law! Sending lots of prayers your way. (((Hugs))) to you all!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-17-2013), Meceka (02-18-2013), merrymistletoe (02-18-2013), Seawaters (02-17-2013), snowflake22 (02-17-2013), Solice (02-17-2013), xmas365 (02-17-2013)
Old 02-17-2013, 07:24 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,730 Times in 2,167 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Aha ... Those websites are referring to the DVD version I posted the link to, which is the best available video version. At least it's evidence that good 35mm elements still exist for the complete version, and are being properly cared for--- that's nothing to sneeze at. Get yourself one of those DVDs while it's still in print. You'll find it's an improvement over the ones you've seen so far.

We've always had a soft spot for Sir Seymour's Scrooge---and it's very faithful to the tone and atmosphere of Dickens. And you'll see the most frightening version of Old Joe's shop. And the absolute best Bob Cratchit in all the movies: Donald Calthrop.

If there's ever an MMC convention, make sure there's a 16mm projector and a dark room available, and we can run the print I spoke of that was struck only one year after the film was released. You'd see this version of Scrooge with new eyes! But that DVD version is the next best thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm all for that.... Set a projector up, I'lll bring the popcorn all we would need then, would be some Lazyboys and some hot tea, lol....

I Love, just love to watch old movies, I yearn for the yester years but sadly, no one else here does in my home....So for the most part, I go without . My wife, kids and family has told me many time that I have an old soul, that well, I was sort of born out of my time.

I mean, I'm up on the times and electronics to a degree, but I really thrive for the simpler things in life....where life, family, values, faith, honesty, trust and simplicity is a key to the path of happiness. Now adays, "it's the all about me", fast pace, fast food, fast whatever lifestyles.... And for the movies and electronics, SD, HD, 3D, 4D, LED, LCD, plazma, projection, pixles per inch, Cat 6, USB, fiber optics, blue ray; ugggh when is enough enough?

Well, I do admit, at least with some things, they do look really nice but as with everything, it comes with a cost. Me, pass me the bowl of popcorn and put on an old movie like say, Captain Blood, Robin Hood, Ivanhoe, stagecoach, etc... I'm happy....

The Bell Still Rings for me,
as it does for all who truly Believe!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-17-2013), Seawaters (02-17-2013), snowflake22 (02-17-2013), Solice (02-17-2013), xmas365 (02-17-2013)
Old 02-17-2013, 07:25 AM

caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

I don't want to be rude but I only had time to read some of your post and don't have time to respond to any. This is my busiest day of the week! All good, fun and positive stuff but BUSY!

Wayne and I were very busy yesterday too. We started the day sometime around 8:00 am and didn't get home until after 7:00 pm. (Well, we did drop by the house a couple of times in the afternoon to drop things off and get a bite to eat). Anyway, we ran lots of errands, came home and took our bikes out for a ride, then headed back out again. We went out for dinner, ran more errands then came home to listen to the Greasy Skillet! We had a fun day!!! We finally got our bike rack for the car so we can take them out to the lake. I am getting excited about that!

Coach, glad your wife is feeling better!

Caninemom, I know all too well about foods that make you sick. Seems to happen to me ALL THE TIME! I hope you feel better today!!!
I am so happy you are feeling so good !!! Thanks for your understanding about the food thing !! xo

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (02-17-2013), Seawaters (02-17-2013), snowflake22 (02-17-2013), Solice (02-17-2013), xmas365 (02-17-2013)
Old 02-17-2013, 07:26 AM

holly

Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
I'm all for that.... Set a projector up, I'lll bring the popcorn all we would need then, would be some Lazyboys and some hot tea, lol....

I Love, just love to watch old movies, I yearn for the yester years but sadly, no one else here does in my home....So for the most part, I go without . My wife, kids and family has told me many time that I have an old soul, that well, I was sort of born out of my time.

I mean, I'm up on the times and electronics to a degree, but I really thrive for the simpler things in life....where life, family, values, faith, honesty, trust and simplicity is a key to the path of happiness. Now adays, "it's the all about me", fast pace, fast food, fast whatever lifestyles.... And for the movies and electronics, SD, HD, 3D, 4D, LED, LCD, plazma, projection, pixles per inch, Cat 6, USB, fiber optics, blue ray; ugggh when is enough enough?

Well, I do admit, at least with some things, they do look really nice but as with everything, it comes with a cost. Me, pass me the bowl of popcorn and put on an old movie like say, Captain Blood, Robin Hood, Ivanhoe, stagecoach, etc... I'm happy....
Captain Blood is one of my all time favorites !! Nobody was ever more DASHING Than Errol Flynn !! xo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Seawaters (02-17-2013), snowflake22 (02-17-2013), Solice (02-17-2013), xmas365 (02-17-2013), xmastidings (02-18-2013)
Old 02-17-2013, 07:27 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 9,537 Times in 1,441 Posts
Solice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
Oh Solice, I am so sorry for the pain and suffering your FIL is going through as well as the agony you all feel as his family watching this horrible turn of events. You NEVER have to apologize for posting anything. Families stick together through thick and thin and your Christmas family is here for you no matter what. I will keep praying for all of you. Please know that you are thought of every day and are loved, xo

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Solice, I'm so sorry. Sending lots of strength & love to you all. Our thoughts & prayers are with you & your family. Xo
Originally Posted by merrymistletoe View Post
Solice, I am so sorry to hear the pain & suffering your FIL is enduring. I will pray for peace to pass over him. I am sorry the family has to witness this also. I will continue to pray for everyone. May God be with you all.

Solice, I am so very sorry about your father in law! Sending lots of prayers your way. (((Hugs))) to you all!
Thank you all so much! It means alot to me ♥

Good Morning Everyone!

It sounds like a busy but fantastic weekend for you and Wayne!
I cant wait to take the bikes out. (In April - May!?)
A bike rack for the car it's a good idea!! Why haven't I thought of that? =)