Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,086
Threads: 53,912
Top Poster: xmas365 (164,784)
Welcome to our newest member, CharlieTheElf

Old 02-17-2013, 07:27 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,755 Times in 9,571 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
Good evening, Christmas family. I want to start this post by appologizing. I hope I did not offend anyone when I posted earlier about the effects eating meat based products have on me. I know most folks eat meat, my husband still does, and it's just fine. I didn't mean it to sound snobby or anything, or anti-meat. I am so sorry if I upset anyone. It is just a physical thing that happens - when the body hasn't digested meat (or probably other things it hasn't had for a long time) it causes "GI" upset. I still eat turkey and fish, just not read meat. In fact it has been 23 years since I ate red meat.

I am fine now, however. I haven't eaten anything else today except a few seconds ago I had a yogurt. Hermione decided to crawl up on my lap because she LOVES yogurt !!

I just posted a few pics of my dear sister and I on Christmas Eve in my albums here on MMC. I have been meaning to do that for a while so you can all see how wonderful my sister is. She is like the sunrise itself - Beautiful and bright and warm.

Made - Praying for you dear mom still and your niece xo I pray that the insurance company will get on the ball and allow the test soon instead of worrying about making money above patient care. I HATE insurance companies but I guess they are a necessary evil.

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend and again, I am very sorry if I offended anyone. I would never do that on purpose xo

Have a great evening, Christmas family xo

Big (((((HUGS))))) to all ESPECIALLY:

Ella, Harlowe, Snowball, Gomez, Ophelia, Sidney, Alex, Merlin, Snickers, Victor, Daisy, Diva, Mickey, Palmer, Mouse, Bo, Chico, Meca, Alvin, Charlie, Gary, Bailey, Jerrold, Irving, Martha, Uncle Julio, Missy, Scooby, Sasha, Jacob, Cracker, Bunny B, Penny, Pocket, LuLu, Bear-Bear, Stripey, Holly, Fate Puppy (London,) Buster, Missy, Baby, Santa's Polar Bears, Sangria, O'Malley, Beau, Taz, Zema, Rizzo, Bella, Happy, Sam, Guinness, Holly Noel, Larry SR, Mama, and all furkids everywhere xoxoo

My bears send their love to all !!! xo

I said I didn't have time to respond to anything but scrolled back and saw this. You certainly didn't offend me! I have the same EXACT issue and I hate it! I am certainly not snobby when it comes to food, I just can't eat a lot of stuff, including meat. The rest of my family eat meat and I buy it for them and have no issues with it being around. I went 3 and half years of being a vegetarian and my stomach felt so much better. Then I started eating meat again almost a year ago and all of those stomach issues have came back. Now I have to just have tidbits of it here and there. Same goes with sweets, I can barely have any and I sure do miss them!!!! Sometimes I have to fast after my, as I call it, "food hangover", just to start feeling better. That is no fun because I am starving but it's the only thing to clear up the tummy issues. I am jealous of those who can eat anything and feel just fine! My mother and Wayne can and never have problems! I don't think you need to apologize! You can't help how food affects you, I know I can't help it. That is why I say, "Please offer me all the goodies you can virtually on MMC so I can pretend to indulge"! Ha ha!

To everyone here, please enjoy all the good food out there on my behalf and talk about it as much as you want! I just loved seeing those yummy cupcakes posted by Jennifer. I can't eat them but they look good!!!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-17-2013), made582 (02-17-2013), Meceka (02-18-2013), Seawaters (02-17-2013), snowflake22 (02-17-2013), Solice (02-17-2013), xmas365 (02-17-2013)

Old 02-17-2013, 07:34 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,519 Times in 4,595 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Solice View Post

Please still pray for my FIL, we dont know how many days he have left.

Sorry to hear that, Solice. Your family is in my prayers.

Have glove will travel
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ballcoach For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-17-2013), Seawaters (02-17-2013), snowflake22 (02-17-2013), Solice (02-17-2013), xmas365 (02-17-2013)
Old 02-17-2013, 07:34 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
What did you think last night, Made?

Have glove will travel
made582 (02-17-2013), Seawaters (02-17-2013), snowflake22 (02-17-2013), Solice (02-17-2013), xmas365 (02-17-2013)
Old 02-17-2013, 07:37 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Sunday, oh Sunday. My favorite day of the week! I'm going to lounge around until 10:30 or so, then I have a little work to do....but it shouldn't take too long. I'm also going to pick up the house and MAYBE wash the truck and Wifey's car....just depends if it gets warm enough.

Talk to yall later....have a great day!

Have glove will travel
made582 (02-17-2013), Seawaters (02-17-2013), snowflake22 (02-17-2013), Solice (02-17-2013), xmas365 (02-17-2013)
Old 02-17-2013, 07:46 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 75,086 Times in 14,997 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
ditto here crown.. a few flakes.. sort of like Jayish,.,,

YABBAAAAAAAAAA!
Old 02-17-2013, 07:47 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Solice View Post
Good morning from Norway
Snowing today! I love it =)

Please still pray for my FIL, we dont know how many days he have left.
He is getting only painkillers and sedative now.
No nourishment at all.. Just laying there, waiting....
It's so terrible seeing him like that. His body is preparing for death.
And we....it's so unreal. I can't belive it's true! He is dying. Slowly. Painfully.
And his mind works 100%, and thats probobly the 'worst thing'...
Lying there dying, knowing it, and you cant communicate.
He is so frustrated and helpless...

Im sorry.. I just had to put it out there.... Thanx for reading..

Now, back to you guys and MMC.
Hope everyone is doing fine!
I have some posts to read - looking forward to that ♥
He is in my thoughts.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:48 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 160,669 Times in 30,593 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by ballcoach View Post
What did you think last night, Made?

The first segment was pretty good. The second segment was okay. The third segment was just boring.

I saw after the race that Matt Kenseth said he just didn't understand it. No one wanted to pass in that last segment. I agree with him. It was just weird. It was like no one wanted to go for the win.

I have a feeling that Thursday's races are going to be wreckfests though.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (02-17-2013), caninemom3 (02-18-2013), Seawaters (02-17-2013), snowflake22 (02-17-2013), Solice (02-17-2013)
Old 02-17-2013, 07:49 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

I don't want to be rude but I only had time to read some of your post and don't have time to respond to any. This is my busiest day of the week! All good, fun and positive stuff but BUSY!

Wayne and I were very busy yesterday too. We started the day sometime around 8:00 am and didn't get home until after 7:00 pm. (Well, we did drop by the house a couple of times in the afternoon to drop things off and get a bite to eat). Anyway, we ran lots of errands, came home and took our bikes out for a ride, then headed back out again. We went out for dinner, ran more errands then came home to listen to the Greasy Skillet! We had a fun day!!! We finally got our bike rack for the car so we can take them out to the lake. I am getting excited about that!

Coach, glad your wife is feeling better!

Caninemom, I know all too well about foods that make you sick. Seems to happen to me ALL THE TIME! I hope you feel better today!!!
Sounds like a great day!
Old 02-17-2013, 07:53 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 160,669 Times in 30,593 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Solice- Praying for your FIL and the rest of your family.

CAH- Now that you have a bike rack for the car, you can bring your bike with you when you come to do the dishes so we can go on a ride together. You on your bike and me on the golf cart from the apartment complex.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-17-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (02-17-2013), Seawaters (02-17-2013), snowflake22 (02-17-2013), Solice (02-17-2013), xmas365 (02-17-2013)
Old 02-17-2013, 08:00 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
I'm all for that.... Set a projector up, I'lll bring the popcorn all we would need then, would be some Lazyboys and some hot tea, lol....

I Love, just love to watch old movies, I yearn for the yester years but sadly, no one else here does in my home....So for the most part, I go without . My wife, kids and family has told me many time that I have an old soul, that well, I was sort of born out of my time.

I mean, I'm up on the times and electronics to a degree, but I really thrive for the simpler things in life....where life, family, values, faith, honesty, trust and simplicity is a key to the path of happiness. Now adays, "it's the all about me", fast pace, fast food, fast whatever lifestyles.... And for the movies and electronics, SD, HD, 3D, 4D, LED, LCD, plazma, projection, pixles per inch, Cat 6, USB, fiber optics, blue ray; ugggh when is enough enough?

Well, I do admit, at least with some things, they do look really nice but as with everything, it comes with a cost. Me, pass me the bowl of popcorn and put on an old movie like say, Captain Blood, Robin Hood, Ivanhoe, stagecoach, etc... I'm happy....
I have always felt I was born at the wrong period of time, so I know what you are saying. Going to a store that was more concerned about customer service instead of what their shareholders think. I would love to work for something like Macy's out of Miracle On 34th Street, wearing a suit & tie, and feeling like you are part of something instead of just a number. The celebrity worship is out of hand, with the likes of people who do jack squat. Technology I don't get, my TV still has a tube. My favorite music is old, my taste in Christmas music is even older. I love looking at old pictures of days gone by, they seem to speak to me, I read copies of a magazine at work called Reminisce just because I was born 20-30 years after those ads or pictures I feel a kinship to it. Heck, I still read the newspaper daily. But, I can't be without the internet, go figure.