Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,832
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 02-18-2013, 12:47 PM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 47,616 Times in 7,651 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Solice View Post
Good morning from Norway
Snowing today! I love it =)

Please still pray for my FIL, we dont know how many days he have left.
He is getting only painkillers and sedative now.
No nourishment at all.. Just laying there, waiting....
It's so terrible seeing him like that. His body is preparing for death.
And we....it's so unreal. I can't belive it's true! He is dying. Slowly. Painfully.
And his mind works 100%, and thats probobly the 'worst thing'...
Lying there dying, knowing it, and you cant communicate.
He is so frustrated and helpless...

Im sorry.. I just had to put it out there.... Thanx for reading..

Now, back to you guys and MMC.
Hope everyone is doing fine!
I have some posts to read - looking forward to that ♥
My prayers are on the way, Solice! {{{HUGS}}}

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face ~ Victor Hugo
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-18-2013), Christmasstar (02-18-2013), Seawaters (02-18-2013), snowflake22 (02-18-2013), Solice (02-18-2013), xmas365 (02-18-2013)
Old 02-18-2013, 12:50 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,060 Times in 28,844 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
I hope your sisters are better soon!

Thanks!! My sister here is better but now everyone in seattle is sick.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!

Last edited by made582; 02-18-2013 at 04:01 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-18-2013), Christmasstar (02-18-2013), Seawaters (02-18-2013), snowflake22 (02-18-2013), Solice (02-18-2013), xmas365 (02-18-2013)
Old 02-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 9,537 Times in 1,441 Posts
Solice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the WisemenSolice could be one of the Wisemen
My prayers are on the way, Solice! {{{HUGS}}}
Thank you! ♥

Im off to bed! Goodnight! Zzzzz....
Old 02-18-2013, 12:54 PM

Last Achievements

Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by mgramsey View Post
We had a great weekend visit with my parents. On Saturday, a storm came through and we had "thunder" snow. It was thundering and snowing hard. We got a little over 3 inches in 2 hours. Thats a big deal in Gastonia, NC. I collected snow outside and mom made snow cream, just like when I was a kid.
I'm so glad you had a great weekend!

caninemom3 (02-18-2013), Christmasstar (02-18-2013), mgramsey (02-19-2013), Seawaters (02-18-2013), snowflake22 (02-18-2013), xmas365 (02-18-2013)
Old 02-18-2013, 01:03 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Thanks!! My sister here is better but now everyone is seattle is sick.
I hope your Seattle relatives are better soon!

caninemom3 (02-18-2013), Christmasstar (02-18-2013), made582 (02-18-2013), Seawaters (02-18-2013), snowflake22 (02-18-2013), xmas365 (02-18-2013)
Old 02-18-2013, 01:13 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,231 Times in 13,277 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Does anybody have Presidents' Day off from work today? Sounds like business as usual around here. I'm off, but Mr. is on call for some work that's supposed to come in later today. So we're just hanging around the the house. I have a couple letters from about a month ago that I haven't answered yet ... shame on me.

Some workplaces actually do that, but the catch is that it is four 10-hour workdays instead of five 8-hour days. They still get their 40 hours out of you. But a lot of people enjoy having the free weekday that they don't mind the longer workdays.
we have family day here in Ontario, and yes, I have the day off!!
Most everything is closed around town, so not much to do. I have been relaxing at home, watching TV, baking bread and catching up here. We also stated a puzzel that is a grandfather clock that will be almost 5' tall when done. We set the puzzle out where ever we find a good spot for it and everyone workds on it when they get a chance.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-18-2013), MerryCarey (02-18-2013), Seawaters (02-18-2013), snowflake22 (02-18-2013), xmas365 (02-18-2013)
Old 02-18-2013, 01:24 PM

Last Achievements

Good afternoon, MMC!

It has been a very long few days. After I logged out of here on Friday I received news that one of my friends was going into hospice. I called on Saturday to get the details of where and when so I could visit and found out she had already passed away - I'm still somewhat shocked. I knew she was ill, but the last update I had she was improving. Sunday evening the local NPR station airs a show called the Juke Joint - the first hour and a half was a tribute to G. It was so nice to hear some of her favorite songs.

Today I took Mouse to the vet's. She has been acting a bit off of late and hasn't been eating as much. She kept rubbing at her face, too. Her teeth are fine although her gumline is a bit on the red side. The vet said it was probably because of a piece of food that got caught in her teeth or else it was Palmer fighting with her. Mouse got two shots, a nail trim and a bottle of antibiotic I have to give her three times a day starting Wednesday. Poor baby was so scared during the whole ordeal. She is wandering the house, acting like she doens't know what to do with herself. She is eating again, though, so that is good. Palmer is shut in the bathroom in a time-out. I feel bad keeping her locked up today, but I want Mouse to relax after her ordeal and she won't if Palmer is on the loose, attacking her at every chance.

I am a bit wore out from stress - I plan on taking it easy for the rest of the day and might even take a nap. I feel as if I am getting over a major migraine.

The snow is melting fast right now, but I think there is more on the way along with much cooler temperatures. If we get enough forecast, I am going to find a pan to collect some snow in and make snow cream

Have a most MERRY day!!!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (02-18-2013), Bradmac (02-18-2013), caninemom3 (02-18-2013), Christmasstar (02-18-2013), made582 (02-18-2013), mgramsey (02-19-2013), Ryan (02-18-2013), Seawaters (02-18-2013), snowflake22 (02-18-2013), xmas365 (02-18-2013)
Old 02-18-2013, 01:26 PM

Last Achievements

I posted about taking a nap a bit fast - B. is here to fix the furnace.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (02-18-2013), caninemom3 (02-18-2013), Christmasstar (02-18-2013), mgramsey (02-19-2013), Seawaters (02-18-2013), snowflake22 (02-18-2013), xmas365 (02-18-2013)
Old 02-18-2013, 01:39 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,619 Times in 12,678 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
So sorry about your friend, Meceka. Losing a friend is hard, but to lose one and not even be aware and not be able to say goodbye must be unbearable.

I sure hope Mouse gets to feeling better soon. Bless her heart!

Let us know when to be there for snow cream!!! I LOVE that stuff!

Good afternoon, MMC!

It has been a very long few days. After I logged out of here on Friday I received news that one of my friends was going into hospice. I called on Saturday to get the details of where and when so I could visit and found out she had already passed away - I'm still somewhat shocked. I knew she was ill, but the last update I had she was improving. Sunday evening the local NPR station airs a show called the Juke Joint - the first hour and a half was a tribute to G. It was so nice to hear some of her favorite songs.

Today I took Mouse to the vet's. She has been acting a bit off of late and hasn't been eating as much. She kept rubbing at her face, too. Her teeth are fine although her gumline is a bit on the red side. The vet said it was probably because of a piece of food that got caught in her teeth or else it was Palmer fighting with her. Mouse got two shots, a nail trim and a bottle of antibiotic I have to give her three times a day starting Wednesday. Poor baby was so scared during the whole ordeal. She is wandering the house, acting like she doens't know what to do with herself. She is eating again, though, so that is good. Palmer is shut in the bathroom in a time-out. I feel bad keeping her locked up today, but I want Mouse to relax after her ordeal and she won't if Palmer is on the loose, attacking her at every chance.

I am a bit wore out from stress - I plan on taking it easy for the rest of the day and might even take a nap. I feel as if I am getting over a major migraine.

The snow is melting fast right now, but I think there is more on the way along with much cooler temperatures. If we get enough forecast, I am going to find a pan to collect some snow in and make snow cream

Have a most MERRY day!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,269 Times in 5,920 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
National Geographic made a TV movie based on Bill O'Reilly's book, Killing Lincoln. It's a detail of John Wilkes Booth and his assassination of Lincoln. I wanted to see it, but I don't get NatGeo.
It's in OnDemand on Comcast---I may check that out before it goes away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (02-18-2013), caninemom3 (02-18-2013), Christmasstar (02-18-2013), Seawaters (02-18-2013), snowflake22 (02-18-2013), xmas365 (02-18-2013)