Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,081
Threads: 53,856
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,291)
Welcome to our newest member, Blitz

Old 02-20-2013, 08:00 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,619 Times in 12,678 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Great to see you, Undrtakr!

Originally Posted by Undrtakr View Post
Hello all!

I have been away. Yes. Yes I have. Just busy with work and Family. You know the drill. heh. Its snowing today! Most of London is complaining but not me! I love it. How has everyone been? Excited for the 2013 Christmas season? Wait. That's a silly question, of course we are! William starts school this fall. Can you believe it?! Not much else new. Busy at work like always. People breaking stuff that I have to fix. Oh well. Keeps me in a job! Well I hope you all stay warm today! Oh speaking of warm, Im sitting here by the fire at the Pines! Carl has just handed me a mug of Candy Cane hot chocolate. mmmmm. See you at the Pines everyone!

Old 02-20-2013, 08:02 AM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
That's the only way I get it!!!

Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
There is snow at the Pines - snow cream and snowman building, too!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:02 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,180 Times in 9,477 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Made, how is your mom doing?

Seawaters, still enjoying retirement?! How were those cupcakes?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-20-2013), Christmasstar (02-20-2013), made582 (02-20-2013), Seawaters (02-20-2013), snowflake22 (02-20-2013), xmas365 (02-20-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 08:04 AM

Last Achievements

Loving retirement! The cupcakes are fabulous. We are sharing each one so we can try more! Had coconut last night--absolutely delicious! So far, they have all been so moist!

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Made, how is your mom doing?

Seawaters, still enjoying retirement?! How were those cupcakes?
Old 02-20-2013, 08:13 AM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 47,637 Times in 7,657 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good morning, MMC!

It is cold here again - brrrr! I just turned the furnace up to 70 as 64 had me shivering. The new part is in the furnace and it is loud and the floor shakes when it runs so I'm not sure if it is fixed right yet. Time will tell!

Mouse had her first dose of meds this morning - she is hiding now. I have to give her two more doses later today. She did eat a few crunchies this morning and seems to be a bit better. I was supposed to go out and run errands all day but decided to stay home as I cannot leave the furnace on when I am gone until I know for sure that the noise it is making is not anything bad. It is too cold out to leave the cats without heat for more than an hour or two. I am so going to get this place insulated better this coming spring/fall!

I have my brother's computer to use today so I am going to be working on store research. Trying to branch out into areas other than glassware - I need to know what to look for when I go out to estate/tag sales this coming spring/summer. I love learning!

Have a most MERRY day!

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face ~ Victor Hugo
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-20-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (02-20-2013), Christmasstar (02-20-2013), made582 (02-20-2013), mgramsey (02-20-2013), Seawaters (02-20-2013), snowflake22 (02-20-2013), Undrtakr (02-21-2013), xmas365 (02-20-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 08:15 AM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 47,637 Times in 7,657 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
That's the only way I get it!!!
I'm beginning to think that is the only way I am going to get it, too

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face ~ Victor Hugo
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-20-2013), Christmasstar (02-20-2013), Seawaters (02-20-2013), snowflake22 (02-20-2013), xmas365 (02-20-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 08:22 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,526 Times in 1,985 Posts
brent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa envious
Good morning everyone!

Another 'Pines Day has arrived. Yes, it is nearing the official midway point of the week and the weekend is just around the corner. Yesterday was quite the adventure. Someone had dropped a "suspicious package" at one of the main bus stops, which is one over from where I work. Anyway, they had to divert traffic from this spot. On top of this, it was also snowing pretty well. In the end, it took me about an hour and a half to get home from work. Normally, it is only a 15 minute trip. Frustrating. But something good came from the delay!

As we were slowly moving along with traffic, I noticed two Christmas-style guard figures (not Nutcrackers) standing outside a store. Then, between them there was a wreath on the door that said "Merry Christmas!" Could it be? Then I looked up at the signage and read "Tinseltown." Yes. Ottawa now has a year-round Christmas store! I wanted to exit the bus immediately. Tinseltown was calling my name! I cannot believe that I did not know of this store's existence until yesterday. After doing some research, I have discovered that it opened quite recently (sometime last year). I informed Kim of my discovery and we agreed that we must go very shortly. I think I may need a little Christmas (store) fix.

My plans were a little messed up with my delay yesterday, so I could only do my 40 minute run at the gym. It was boring as usual. Still, it is decent rehab for my knee. I have another appointment tomorrow. It could be my final appointment, or my doctor could also recommend I get a $500 PRP Injection, which could have me healed in a just over a month if it works... The only real problem is that $500 is a lot to come out of my pocket. Still, it is mighty worth it if it works. We shall see.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great 'Pines Day! Carl has the place looking great.

"The bells, the bows and the flashing lights, the mistletoes and the 'Silent Nights. It's all for show, but that's all right. That's not why I love this time of year..."
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to brent For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-20-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (02-20-2013), Christmasstar (02-20-2013), made582 (02-20-2013), mgramsey (02-20-2013), Seawaters (02-20-2013), snowflake22 (02-20-2013), Undrtakr (02-21-2013), whitney37354 (02-20-2013), xmas365 (02-20-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 08:52 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 74,766 Times in 14,924 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Undrtakr View Post
Hello all!

I have been away. Yes. Yes I have. Just busy with work and Family. You know the drill. heh. Its snowing today! Most of London is complaining but not me! I love it. How has everyone been? Excited for the 2013 Christmas season? Wait. That's a silly question, of course we are! William starts school this fall. Can you believe it?! Not much else new. Busy at work like always. People breaking stuff that I have to fix. Oh well. Keeps me in a job! Well I hope you all stay warm today! Oh speaking of warm, Im sitting here by the fire at the Pines! Carl has just handed me a mug of Candy Cane hot chocolate. mmmmm. See you at the Pines everyone!
Nice to see you back!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:57 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 74,766 Times in 14,924 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by brent View Post
Good morning everyone!

Another 'Pines Day has arrived. Yes, it is nearing the official midway point of the week and the weekend is just around the corner. Yesterday was quite the adventure. Someone had dropped a "suspicious package" at one of the main bus stops, which is one over from where I work. Anyway, they had to divert traffic from this spot. On top of this, it was also snowing pretty well. In the end, it took me about an hour and a half to get home from work. Normally, it is only a 15 minute trip. Frustrating. But something good came from the delay!

As we were slowly moving along with traffic, I noticed two Christmas-style guard figures (not Nutcrackers) standing outside a store. Then, between them there was a wreath on the door that said "Merry Christmas!" Could it be? Then I looked up at the signage and read "Tinseltown." Yes. Ottawa now has a year-round Christmas store! I wanted to exit the bus immediately. Tinseltown was calling my name! I cannot believe that I did not know of this store's existence until yesterday. After doing some research, I have discovered that it opened quite recently (sometime last year). I informed Kim of my discovery and we agreed that we must go very shortly. I think I may need a little Christmas (store) fix.

My plans were a little messed up with my delay yesterday, so I could only do my 40 minute run at the gym. It was boring as usual. Still, it is decent rehab for my knee. I have another appointment tomorrow. It could be my final appointment, or my doctor could also recommend I get a $500 PRP Injection, which could have me healed in a just over a month if it works... The only real problem is that $500 is a lot to come out of my pocket. Still, it is mighty worth it if it works. We shall see.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great 'Pines Day! Carl has the place looking great.
That's great about the Christmas store, I hope you go soon, and get some pictures too, please.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:10 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,180 Times in 9,477 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
I wish I could work with you there !!!! xo
Best job in the world for us animal lovers! You would love it there!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (02-20-2013), Seawaters (02-20-2013), snowflake22 (02-20-2013), xmas365 (02-20-2013)