Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,125
Threads: 54,224
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,310)
Welcome to our newest member, AMcLoud

Old 02-21-2013, 08:39 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 164,004 Times in 31,298 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
sick report: Kandice seemed to be over the influenca......tonight she woke up, whining and whining....stomach aches....she ended up throwing up three times and has a headache...poor baby is laying on the couch now and watch Disney cartoons
I hope Kandice feels better soon!!

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (02-21-2013), caninemom3 (02-21-2013), Christmasstar (02-21-2013), Seawaters (02-21-2013), snowflake22 (02-21-2013), sugar142286 (02-21-2013), xmas365 (02-21-2013)

Old 02-21-2013, 09:00 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 53,906 Times in 9,768 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We were suppose to be hit hard by a storm but it weakened and has passed. All is good!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (02-21-2013), caninemom3 (02-21-2013), Christmasstar (02-21-2013), made582 (02-21-2013), mgramsey (02-21-2013), Seawaters (02-21-2013), snowflake22 (02-21-2013), sugar142286 (02-21-2013), xmas365 (02-21-2013)
Old 02-21-2013, 09:06 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Good Thursday morning, my Christmas friends!

My daughter went with me to my brother's shop yesterday afternoon to unload the parts-Camaro I bought off of the rollback truck. Then we sorted through some of the parts that had already been removed from the car. She was a lot of help, and I was glad that she can say she's been a part of the project, too. I hope she'll do more with us on the car. She's more of a ballet/ballerina girly-girl, but she got greasy with me. She must really love her daddy!

I hope y'all have a great day!
That's great!!!

I always loved hanging out with my dad. We did a lot together when I was growing up. I am now a grandma and he's a great grandpa, we still hang out! Going to the air shows is our favorite thing to do together and visiting all air museums. Wayne joins us, of course, he loves that stuff too! My mom don't get into that kind of thing though.

I have so many great memories with my dad. Keep that up with your daughter, she will be so grateful for it when she grows up! I know I am!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (02-21-2013), caninemom3 (02-21-2013), Christmasstar (02-21-2013), Holiday (02-21-2013), made582 (02-21-2013), Seawaters (02-21-2013), snowflake22 (02-21-2013), sugar142286 (02-21-2013), xmas365 (02-21-2013)
Old 02-21-2013, 09:10 AM

Last Achievements

made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by sugar142286 View Post
Good morning, everyone. How are you all? I am doing okay. Just sitting here with the kids, letting DH sleep in. He's been working a lot, so I figured he deserves it.

Yesterday was my day off, so I start back tonight, for my first of 4 days. I'm not sure what's been going on with me lately, I sort feel like I am a slump. I thought this I wasn't going to get the "Winter Blues" and I'm not even sure if that's what it is, since winter will soon be over.

A lot is going on with a lot of my friends/co-workers right now. I know I told you about the one with cancer, but two of my friends, both are pregnant and one just found out she has a mass on her adrenal gland. She has to have emergency surgery. It can be very serious. If it would be cancer, I don't know if they will do chemo or radiation or not. My other friend, she just found her baby has a hole in it's heart, the worst kind of all and they also think the baby has Down Syndrome. They aren't concerned about the Down's, which they are very loving parents, but very concerned about the hole.

There is also another issue going on at work with one of my friends, which I really don't want to talk about on here, but it I think that is the thing, that is bugging me the most. All of the things, wrapped in one, just have me worried and have me praying for everyone that I just sort of feel "blah." I haven't been doing a whole lot extra, except for stuff with DH and the kids.

Tell me...does this sound stupid or normal. I know God only gives us things with can handle. I just sometimes don't understand why things happen the way they do, but as I said, I know he gives us what we can handle.

Sorry for the somber post, but I needed some advice. Make it a great day! Thinking of all of you and praying for all of you who needs it! God Bless and talk soon! Keep smiling!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I'm sorry to hear that you have so much happening around you right now and that it is causing you to feel down. I'll keep them in my prayers.

1 Corinthians 10:13
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

The key to this verse is that it says that god will create a way for you to escape. It doesn't say that you can do it on your own though. Sometimes it requires the help of others.

Basically what I'm saying is make sure that you aren't holding everything inside. Talk to your hubby or someone else about everything that is going on. It might help you make sense of what is going on. Sometimes though things just don't make sense and you just have to trust that there is some greater plan in place that we can't understand.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (02-21-2013), caninemom3 (02-21-2013), Christmasstar (02-21-2013), Holiday (02-21-2013), mgramsey (02-21-2013), Seawaters (02-21-2013), snowflake22 (02-21-2013), sugar142286 (02-21-2013), whitney37354 (02-21-2013), xmas365 (02-21-2013)
Old 02-21-2013, 09:14 AM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by brent View Post
As mentioned before, I have my doctor's appointment today. It may be my final appointment. I will discuss the final steps of my rehab today. My knee currently has very little restrictions. It really only hurts when I completely flex it while standing. Still, a PRP injection remains a possibility. One that I am ultimately considering if it does, indeed, mean I am completely healed in less than two months.!

Good Luck today!!!!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
brent (02-21-2013), caninemom3 (02-21-2013), Christmasstar (02-21-2013), Holiday (02-21-2013), Seawaters (02-21-2013), snowflake22 (02-21-2013), sugar142286 (02-21-2013), xmas365 (02-21-2013)
Old 02-21-2013, 09:15 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
I'm sorry to hear that you have so much happening around you right now and that it is causing you to feel down. I'll keep them in my prayers.

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

The key to this verse is that it says that god will create a way for you to escape. It doesn't say that you can do it on your own though. Sometimes it requires the help of others.

Basically what I'm saying is make sure that you aren't holding everything inside. Talk to your hubby or someone else about everything that is going on. It might help you make sense of what is going on. Sometimes though things just don't make sense and you just have to trust that there is some greater plan in place that we can't understand.
Very good!

Hang in there, Sugar. We all go through things and what Made has said is great advice.

You know you can come here for some cheering up! I know it always makes me happy!!!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-21-2013), Christmasstar (02-21-2013), Holiday (02-21-2013), made582 (02-21-2013), Seawaters (02-21-2013), snowflake22 (02-21-2013), sugar142286 (02-21-2013), xmas365 (02-21-2013)
Old 02-21-2013, 09:18 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 24,802 Times in 4,069 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good morning! Happy Friday Eve!!

Originally Posted by sugar142286 View Post
Good morning, everyone. How are you all? I am doing okay. Just sitting here with the kids, letting DH sleep in. He's been working a lot, so I figured he deserves it.

Yesterday was my day off, so I start back tonight, for my first of 4 days. I'm not sure what's been going on with me lately, I sort feel like I am a slump. I thought this I wasn't going to get the "Winter Blues" and I'm not even sure if that's what it is, since winter will soon be over.

A lot is going on with a lot of my friends/co-workers right now. I know I told you about the one with cancer, but two of my friends, both are pregnant and one just found out she has a mass on her adrenal gland. She has to have emergency surgery. It can be very serious. If it would be cancer, I don't know if they will do chemo or radiation or not. My other friend, she just found her baby has a hole in it's heart, the worst kind of all and they also think the baby has Down Syndrome. They aren't concerned about the Down's, which they are very loving parents, but very concerned about the hole.

There is also another issue going on at work with one of my friends, which I really don't want to talk about on here, but it I think that is the thing, that is bugging me the most. All of the things, wrapped in one, just have me worried and have me praying for everyone that I just sort of feel "blah." I haven't been doing a whole lot extra, except for stuff with DH and the kids.

Tell me...does this sound stupid or normal. I know God only gives us things with can handle. I just sometimes don't understand why things happen the way they do, but as I said, I know he gives us what we can handle.

Sorry for the somber post, but I needed some advice. Make it a great day! Thinking of all of you and praying for all of you who needs it! God Bless and talk soon! Keep smiling!

(((Sugar))) sending hugs your way! I think we all do go through feeling like this sometimes, but you have a lot on your plate! I hate it when there are "bad" things going on around you & there is nothing you can do, or you don't know what to do! Hang in there! Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers!

I am going with my Mom, sister, friends to see Safe Haven tonight. Looking forward to it!!! POPCORN SUPPER! YUM!!!

Make it a great day everyone!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-21-2013), Christmasstar (02-21-2013), made582 (02-21-2013), Seawaters (02-21-2013), snowflake22 (02-21-2013), sugar142286 (02-21-2013), xmas365 (02-21-2013)
Old 02-21-2013, 09:19 AM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Hey Made, I watched that video you posted about Binger being the possible customer for that coffee. That is a lot of caffeine!!! I would think your heart rate would go way up drinking that. Yikes!

I noticed in the comments that the guy said he drank it over a couple of days. If you drank that all at once you would definitely end up in the hospital getting your heart shocked back to a normal rhythm.

Then again, if you already drink coffee by the pot all day long like Binger, your body may be use to that much caffeine.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-21-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (02-21-2013), Christmasstar (02-21-2013), Seawaters (02-21-2013), snowflake22 (02-21-2013), sugar142286 (02-21-2013), xmas365 (02-21-2013)
Old 02-21-2013, 09:27 AM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Good Thursday morning, my Christmas friends!

My daughter went with me to my brother's shop yesterday afternoon to unload the parts-Camaro I bought off of the rollback truck. Then we sorted through some of the parts that had already been removed from the car. She was a lot of help, and I was glad that she can say she's been a part of the project, too. I hope she'll do more with us on the car. She's more of a ballet/ballerina girly-girl, but she got greasy with me. She must really love her daddy!

I hope y'all have a great day!

One more yuppy girl came a little closer to becoming a redneck today, America may be saved yet - Phil Robertson

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (02-21-2013), caninemom3 (02-21-2013), Christmasstar (02-21-2013), Seawaters (02-21-2013), snowflake22 (02-21-2013), sugar142286 (02-21-2013), xmas365 (02-21-2013), xmastidings (02-21-2013)
Old 02-21-2013, 09:28 AM
North Pole's RN

Last Achievements

Thanked 86,580 Times in 15,353 Posts
sugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by made582 View Post

Thanks, Made. I appreciate you including that bible versus. DH and I do talk about things, very frequently, and we both agree that that we are very thankful, for what God has given us, but I still hate to see so many people have pain and suffering and I guess it's just been so hard lately, since its hitting so close to home.

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
- Burton Hillis
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sugar142286 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-21-2013), Christmasstar (02-21-2013), made582 (02-21-2013), Seawaters (02-21-2013), snowflake22 (02-21-2013), xmas365 (02-21-2013)