Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,843
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 02-23-2013, 08:18 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,278 Times in 13,283 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
ok, I have to hide these cookies, they are just to good!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-23-2013), made582 (02-23-2013), Seawaters (02-23-2013), snowflake22 (02-23-2013), Solice (02-26-2013), xmas365 (02-23-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 08:26 AM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,491 Times in 9,280 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
ok, I have to hide these cookies, they are just to good!

I LOVE cookies....most all cookies but if you baked them they would DEFINITELY NOT stand a chance !!! I am taking a stent away from dieting right now and guess what I went for first - Yep - COOKIES !!! xo Have a wonderful day and still praying about the other job for you xoxo

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (02-23-2013), made582 (02-23-2013), Seawaters (02-23-2013), snowflake22 (02-23-2013), xmas365 (02-23-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 08:30 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 99,641 Times in 17,366 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
Good morning, Snowflake !! I bet the snow IS beautiful !! I would love to go walking with you guys and Harlowe !! I havn't seen The Raven but I really like John Cusack !! Let us know how you like it !! xo
And we would love to have you with us!!

I will let you know my review =]

((Hugs)) to you & Wish, Clancy, Hermione, Lily, and Smokey. Xo
Old 02-23-2013, 08:31 AM

Last Achievements

Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I LOVE cookies....most all cookies but if you baked them they would DEFINITELY NOT stand a chance !!! I am taking a stent away from dieting right now and guess what I went for first - Yep - COOKIES !!! xo Have a wonderful day and still praying about the other job for you xoxo
they are oatmeal raisen cookies, they taste like you are eating a bowl of oatmeal! No, not mine this time, these came from Subway.
Thanks for the prayers, interview is on March 5th.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-23-2013), made582 (02-23-2013), Seawaters (02-23-2013), snowflake22 (02-23-2013), xmas365 (02-23-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 08:51 AM

caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
they are oatmeal raisen cookies, they taste like you are eating a bowl of oatmeal! No, not mine this time, these came from Subway.
Thanks for the prayers, interview is on March 5th.

I am sure if they have ANY brains at all, whoever is interviewing you will be smitten with your wonderfulness and capabilities. xoxo I do love Subway cookies. My favorite is the Macadamia nut ones...MMMMMMMMMM

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (02-23-2013), Seawaters (02-23-2013), snowflake22 (02-23-2013), xmas365 (02-23-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 08:54 AM

Last Achievements

I am sure if they have ANY brains at all, whoever is interviewing you will be smitten with your wonderfulness and capabilities. xoxo I do love Subway cookies. My favorite is the Macadamia nut ones...MMMMMMMMMM
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-23-2013), Seawaters (02-23-2013), snowflake22 (02-23-2013), xmas365 (02-23-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 09:06 AM

holly

Good morning, Christmas family

A semi-gloomy day here. It is not really cold but it is certainly not warm either. I was up at 5 a.m. because I just could not sleep any longer. I got on and did all the work that was available and I am desparately hoping that more work comes. I was so tired yesterday that I stopped working sooner than I should. I guess I should have perservered on. Oh well.

Getting a little discouraged with my writing class. I took my second quiz and only got an 80%. I also did my first writing assignment. It was to sit and describe what I saw when I watched a burning candle. I noticed everyone else had lots of feedback about their submissions but mine had none until just a few moments ago and now it finally has one response. Maybe I am not meant to anything with writing except for blogging here. That would be fine. I know I miss the mark quite often here though, too.

Anyway, just to share with all of you, this is what I wrote about watching my candle:

I am sitting quietly in my living room watching the candle I have lit. It is a small votive candle in a holder that is an angel. The fragrence of it is vanilla and reminds me of days gone by when my parents would buy me ice cream cones as a child. The flame is steadfast as it moves and sways and bends effortlessly within the holder. It emits a light and warmth and gentleness as it silently burns. It illuminates the room about me with its gentle brilliance and calmness. It gives me a feeling of warmth and peace within myself.

I dont know what else I could have added. Perhaps it is boring or too short. I dont know. Everyone else seemed to have a lot more to say in their submissions. But then I know I am not supposed to compare myself with others, sorry, a habit I have had all my life. I will persevere on and perhaps I will get better.

Have a wonderful day, Christmas family !! Happy Spring soon !!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (02-24-2013), Christmasstar (02-23-2013), merrymistletoe (02-23-2013), Seawaters (02-23-2013), snowflake22 (02-23-2013), Solice (02-26-2013), xmas365 (02-23-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 09:46 AM

Last Achievements

Good morning, Christmas family

A semi-gloomy day here. It is not really cold but it is certainly not warm either. I was up at 5 a.m. because I just could not sleep any longer. I got on and did all the work that was available and I am desparately hoping that more work comes. I was so tired yesterday that I stopped working sooner than I should. I guess I should have perservered on. Oh well.

Getting a little discouraged with my writing class. I took my second quiz and only got an 80%. I also did my first writing assignment. It was to sit and describe what I saw when I watched a burning candle. I noticed everyone else had lots of feedback about their submissions but mine had none until just a few moments ago and now it finally has one response. Maybe I am not meant to anything with writing except for blogging here. That would be fine. I know I miss the mark quite often here though, too.

Anyway, just to share with all of you, this is what I wrote about watching my candle:

I am sitting quietly in my living room watching the candle I have lit. It is a small votive candle in a holder that is an angel. The fragrence of it is vanilla and reminds me of days gone by when my parents would buy me ice cream cones as a child. The flame is steadfast as it moves and sways and bends effortlessly within the holder. It emits a light and warmth and gentleness as it silently burns. It illuminates the room about me with its gentle brilliance and calmness. It gives me a feeling of warmth and peace within myself.

I dont know what else I could have added. Perhaps it is boring or too short. I dont know. Everyone else seemed to have a lot more to say in their submissions. But then I know I am not supposed to compare myself with others, sorry, a habit I have had all my life. I will persevere on and perhaps I will get better.

Have a wonderful day, Christmas family !! Happy Spring soon !!

It is always good to learn something new. This is not always easy! What exactly were they looking for? Did they want just a description of the candle? I like what you said and how it reminded you of your childhood. This exercise is not easy, I just tried!
Oh and by the way 80% is a good mark! (I fret about marks too, taking on line course for work and got several 80% for which I am not happy, but it was a pass)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-23-2013), Seawaters (02-23-2013), snowflake22 (02-23-2013), xmas365 (02-23-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 09:49 AM

holly

If could just give you (((((HUGS))))) right now Star !!!! Thank you. The instructor just said to describe what we each see when watching a lighted candle and that was what I saw and felt.....Thank you for your kind words......xoxox

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (02-23-2013), Seawaters (02-23-2013), snowflake22 (02-23-2013), Solice (02-26-2013), xmas365 (02-23-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 09:54 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,260 Times in 28,880 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
I hope the Skillet is part of your plan this evening?! =)

I should be there!!

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-23-2013), Christmasstar (02-23-2013), snowflake22 (02-23-2013), xmas365 (02-23-2013)