Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,832
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 02-23-2013, 10:24 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,619 Times in 12,678 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Any word on the new job, Star?

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
wow, look at the time! Already to go to work again, this day went so fast. Just now coming here to check in.
We were in London this morning, doing taxes this afternoon (yeah! I get a refund!!) Took my son out to the Christain school to teach a speed stack class and now off to work for me.

I hope you are all well and those you love are too. Praying for those who are not.
Have a nice evening everyone!!
Old 02-23-2013, 10:38 AM

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,233 Times in 13,278 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
I am so "not good" with speed stacking! Some of the kids are amazing. I tried to get our principal to buy it for our after-school program, but you can imagine what her answer was!
my son is very good at it, he won a bronze at the provincials.
The sets of cups are expensive but so worth it, the kids have to work hard to master it and get good at it. Our church has a set which is where Ray got his start. He now has 5 or 5 sets of his own and loves teaching it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-23-2013), Seawaters (02-23-2013), snowflake22 (02-23-2013), xmas365 (02-23-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 10:44 AM

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,233 Times in 13,278 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Any word on the new job, Star?
Interview is on march 5th
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-23-2013), merrymistletoe (02-23-2013), Seawaters (02-23-2013), snowflake22 (02-23-2013), xmas365 (02-23-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 10:49 AM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Now this is scary! I was thinking the same thing!!!

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
It wasn't the connector. It was the ghost of Christmas past!!!!! Be careful when you go to sleep tonight!!
Old 02-23-2013, 10:51 AM

Last Achievements

LOL, Made!

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
To bring you here and show you the pile of dishes that have accumulated over the last couple of days that you have been AWOL!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2013, 10:52 AM

Last Achievements

Hilarious! What did I tell you about Made in my PM to you!!!???

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
You could be a crumb of moldy cheese. An underdone turnip.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:55 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,071 Times in 28,848 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Hilarious! What did I tell you about Made in my PM to you!!!???
Are you two talking about me behind my back?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!

Last edited by made582; 02-23-2013 at 11:18 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-23-2013), Christmasstar (02-23-2013), Seawaters (02-23-2013), snowflake22 (02-23-2013), xmas365 (02-23-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 10:56 AM

Last Achievements

We are going to Chico to do a little shopping. I am glad to have some coins in my pocket. I think I will spend money like I got it!!! I received a package just moments ago that had my three new purses in it. I bought two and got the third one for free!!! These are some of the best purses EVER!!! Go to gigihill.com and look over their stuff. Now I have something to carry my jingle in, LOL!

Originally Posted by sugar142286 View Post
Good evening, everyone. Hope you all had a nice end to your week. I am relaxing with DH and the kids, then going to lay down here in a little bit - I work this weekend.

Anyone have anything planned for the weekend? Nothing that I can think of here. DH works daylight both days and since I work night shift until Monday, it doesn't leave much room for anything. I also have to take call for 7p to 11p on Sunday night, before my shift, but I have a bad feeling I will get called in. It's been busy at work.

Well, off to watch some tv with the kids and lay here for awhile, then off to nap! Talk to you guys later! God Bless!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 02-23-2013, 11:02 AM

Last Achievements

We have way too much fun on here! LOL, CM3!

Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
"It's all humbug I tell you !!" xo
Old 02-23-2013, 11:02 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 99,406 Times in 17,325 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
Good morning, Christmas family

A semi-gloomy day here. It is not really cold but it is certainly not warm either. I was up at 5 a.m. because I just could not sleep any longer. I got on and did all the work that was available and I am desparately hoping that more work comes. I was so tired yesterday that I stopped working sooner than I should. I guess I should have perservered on. Oh well.

Getting a little discouraged with my writing class. I took my second quiz and only got an 80%. I also did my first writing assignment. It was to sit and describe what I saw when I watched a burning candle. I noticed everyone else had lots of feedback about their submissions but mine had none until just a few moments ago and now it finally has one response. Maybe I am not meant to anything with writing except for blogging here. That would be fine. I know I miss the mark quite often here though, too.

Anyway, just to share with all of you, this is what I wrote about watching my candle:

I am sitting quietly in my living room watching the candle I have lit. It is a small votive candle in a holder that is an angel. The fragrence of it is vanilla and reminds me of days gone by when my parents would buy me ice cream cones as a child. The flame is steadfast as it moves and sways and bends effortlessly within the holder. It emits a light and warmth and gentleness as it silently burns. It illuminates the room about me with its gentle brilliance and calmness. It gives me a feeling of warmth and peace within myself.

I dont know what else I could have added. Perhaps it is boring or too short. I dont know. Everyone else seemed to have a lot more to say in their submissions. But then I know I am not supposed to compare myself with others, sorry, a habit I have had all my life. I will persevere on and perhaps I will get better.

Have a wonderful day, Christmas family !! Happy Spring soon !!

I think it was beautifully written, and loved it!!

It was descriptive and told a story about what memories it evoked in you.

You don't give yourself enough credit.

Hang in there! You're already awesome!!

Xo