Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Christmas Fix????

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,434
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
When Bad Things Happen...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:24 PM
43,719 Views  0 Posts
Boxing Day
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:30 PM
51,613 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in Italy
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:22 PM
46,084 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in America...
By MMC Editor
10-18-2011 01:41 AM
64,277 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Nativity: The Story...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:42 PM
81,075 Views  0 Posts

Old 02-24-2013, 05:38 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Yuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elf
When I need a Christmas fix my brain pan tends to fixate on a Christmas song I didn't hear much of the previous season.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:06 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

Father Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
candle

I keep lovely snowy Christmas images on all my computers and frequently look at them through the year and drift off momentarily...I highly recommend it! I also look at related videos on youtube.

I also watch movies but the balance has to be right and not too much.

Also like Jayden I go on ebay and check out Christmas stuff, I like to search for old stuff like books and images of Christmas past.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Christmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnog
Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
The next episode of the Merry Podcast comes out on Monday...just sayin'....
So this will sound like a stupid question, but what is the Merry Podcast? I've been on this group for years and don't have a clue what it is. (blush)
Old 02-28-2013, 07:31 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,269 Times in 5,590 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmas24/7 View Post
So this will sound like a stupid question, but what is the Merry Podcast? I've been on this group for years and don't have a clue what it is. (blush)
You're in for a treat. The Merry Podcasts have been running for a couple of years now---the 26th episode was just released this week. Follow this link to listen to/download any of the episodes. Enjoy discovering these gems!

The Merry Podcasts are produced by our chief, Jeff Westover, with contributions from many other MMC members. There are segments about Christmas music, movies, history, media, controversy ... if it has to do with Christmas, it's in there. A new one is released about every month, usually around the 25th.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following User Says Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Christmas24/7 (03-04-2013)
Old 03-01-2013, 07:50 AM
Last Achievements

Lacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elfLacim84 is a good elf
I'm in a constant need of a Christmas fix! I listen to Christmas music, watch movies, shop for decor or gifts, I keep Christmas themed images on my iPhone and laptop, read books, look at our holiday photo albums, Etc. It's always Christmas at my house, in one way or another.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:50 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 40,532 Times in 6,342 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I have a few Christmas cds loaded in my car. I love listening to them all year long. And I have already started to pick up gifts for my girls for next year. Nothing big, just small gifts and stocking stuffers so far. But it helps to buy the little things during the year. I'm always thinking about it when I'm out, if I see something I grab it and put it away.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:33 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,269 Times in 5,590 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
I have a few Christmas cds loaded in my car. I love listening to them all year long. And I have already started to pick up gifts for my girls for next year. Nothing big, just small gifts and stocking stuffers so far. But it helps to buy the little things during the year. I'm always thinking about it when I'm out, if I see something I grab it and put it away.
That's just what we do, and it works! We keep those things in a special box. Around Labor Day we take inventory of what's in the box and make a list of who we still need to buy for. It keeps you ahead of the shopping curve!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,469 Times in 910 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
If I need a quick christmas fix buthave time to watch a christmas movie, I get on youtube and watch a tv show christmas episode .. My favorites are the Full House ones.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:42 PM
Last Achievements

Christmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnogChristmas24/7 will NOT spit in your eggnog
Originally Posted by Minta View Post
If I need a quick christmas fix buthave time to watch a christmas movie, I get on youtube and watch a tv show christmas episode .. My favorites are the Full House ones.
Do you just search Full House Christmas??? What other shows do you watch on youtube?

I have the whole Home Improvement series and love watching Home Improvement Christmas episodes. (:
Old 03-04-2013, 02:44 PM
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
You're in for a treat. The Merry Podcasts have been running for a couple of years now---the 26th episode was just released this week. Follow this link to listen to/download any of the episodes. Enjoy discovering these gems!
How do I find said Merry Podcasts? You said to follow the link but I must be missing it. (: Thanks!