Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,090
Threads: 53,931
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,812)
Welcome to our newest member, flockman02

Old 02-25-2013, 06:38 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 103,181 Times in 18,462 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by merrymistletoe View Post
Good luck w/ jury duty, Dawg! I've never had it but I have heard it's a drag. Good luck on your family's move to Utah also. You are a very understanding hubby to be so supportive of Brandi. God bless you & your family.

good morning everyone! we had another laid back weekend. we watched "American Horror Story" on Netflix Saturday. uh, that was kind'a weird. Not sure what network it was originally on, but it was extremely questionable!!!! Hubby likes watching anything that doesn't have commercials & we don't have Tvo. I found myself feeling quite uncomfortable @ times throughout the shows.

the weather has been rainy w/ yesterday being our only dry, sunny day.

does anyone watch "Once Upon A Time"? I have been enjoying that show. It's about all the fairytale characters from our childhood being stuck in this town & ruled by the wicked witch. I guess it's like a grown up version, you could say.
as you can see, all i have been doing is watching TV. lol

have a great day everyone!!!!
Good morning, merry!

Hope you get some more sunshine today!!

We are huge fans of American Horror Story, it's originally airs on FX. Season Two just wrapped up. Loved it. Some of the same cast, but totally different characters & storyline. Jessica's Lange is outstanding!! Such a talented beauty.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:19 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,558 Times in 5,974 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
Me too!!! They're one of my all-time favorites to watch. I find it very infrequent and too far and inbetween before any of their films are on TV. And when they are, It seems like they're only aired on AMC only...
I've always loved the Marx Brothers. When I was a young teen I read everything about them I could get my hands on. (Well, there were no VCRs, so I couldn't collect their movies.) My favorite Halloween costume was Harpo, and I played fair---I wouldn't speak.

Bill Marx, one of Harpo's sons, had a traveling act in the 1980s. He played the piano, and his partner played the harp, and Bill talked about Harpo. I brought along a 1st-edition copy of "Harpo Speaks" for him to sign, and he wanted me to stick around to talk after the autograph line finished, but my ride was leaving (I didn't have a license yet) and I couldn't stay. I've always regretted that.

For a few years, a local TV station would run a Marx Brothers marathon on New Year's Eve, from about 5 p.m. till past midnight. My parents would go to a card party, my brother would go to my grandparents, and for one night in the year I had the TV to myself and all the Marx Brothers I could handle! Those were great evenings.

I agree that their movies aren't on TV often enough. The next generations won't have a chance to discover them. At least all their movies have been released on DVD.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (02-25-2013), caninemom3 (02-25-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (02-25-2013), Ryan (02-25-2013), Seawaters (02-25-2013), snowflake22 (02-25-2013), xmas365 (02-25-2013), xmastidings (02-25-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 07:21 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,926 Times in 497 Posts
mgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happy
Happy Monday morning everyone. Yesterday was a beautiful day without a cloud in the sky. We drive over a mountain to get to church and from the top, the view was amazing. Living here, we sometimes take it for granted.

Rain is back in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow then winter tries to make a comeback later in the week with snow showers in the forecast for Wed - Fri.

I love cold weather and snow but Friday is the opening game of our high school baseball season. The last couple of years we had snow showers during the season opener. The perfect solution would be a couple of feet of snow and the game be postponed. I think that is what I'll pray for...

Have a blessed day everyone.
Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. <><
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mgramsey For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (02-25-2013), Bradmac (02-25-2013), caninemom3 (02-25-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (02-25-2013), made582 (02-25-2013), merrymistletoe (02-25-2013), Seawaters (02-25-2013), snowflake22 (02-25-2013), Solice (02-26-2013), xmas365 (02-25-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 07:30 AM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 47,699 Times in 7,668 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
It is so frustrating when they spit out their meds...I have been having a time with Wish swallowing his pills....But the poor furkids can't help it. I would not want someone putting pills in my mouth either...xo
I agree! It is easier to give them pills - she has a liquid antibiotic and so far has only taken one dose in the past two and a half days. She ate quite well this morning - that is a good sign!

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face ~ Victor Hugo
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-25-2013), Seawaters (02-25-2013), snowflake22 (02-25-2013), xmas365 (02-25-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 07:38 AM

Last Achievements

Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by MerryNoel View Post
HELLO Christmas Family!!!!! How is everyone doing? I am sure a lot of you are watching the oscars...

Hope each and everyone of you is well .. chat soon!
Hi, MerryNoel - so nice to see you! I was reading The Help and crocheting last night. How are you doing? I hope you are well and MERRY!!!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-25-2013), merrymistletoe (02-25-2013), Seawaters (02-25-2013), snowflake22 (02-25-2013), xmas365 (02-25-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 07:41 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,822 Times in 9,580 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Howdy everyone!

I am wayyy behind so just going to start from here. If I missed anything important let me know!

Wayne and I took the grandchildren to Build a Bear on Saturday. They sure did enjoy it!

We are talking about taking the grandchildren on another train trip this summer, it is turning into an annual event. We always get rooms on the train but we have not stayed overnight on them with the kids yet. It's a 9-10 hour trip that we have taken to San Antonio every year and arrive in late at night. The rooms are handy for naps and just fun to have your own little place to hang out. When my kids were growing up we took train trips, got rooms and would stay on the train for 3 days, so much fun!!! Anyway, we are looking into possibly doing that with the grandchildren.

It's weird that San Antonio only takes about 5 hours to drive but 10 for the train but it's all about the adventure and we enjoy every bit of it!

Made, congratulations on Dale Jr.'s finish! Sorry it wasn't a win but 2nd place is cool!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (02-25-2013), caninemom3 (02-25-2013), made582 (02-25-2013), merrymistletoe (02-25-2013), mgramsey (02-25-2013), Seawaters (02-25-2013), snowflake22 (02-25-2013), Solice (02-26-2013), xmas365 (02-25-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 07:42 AM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
A quick good night to one and all. I am really tired and basically rushed through the posts. TTYT
I hope and pray this finds you with lots of energy and pain-free today! {{{HUGS}}}

caninemom3 (02-25-2013), mgramsey (02-25-2013), Seawaters (02-25-2013), snowflake22 (02-25-2013), xmas365 (02-25-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 07:42 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,369 Times in 4,658 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good Monday morning, my Christmas friends!

We had a beautiful day yesterday after 4" of rain on Saturday. Now it's raining again, with 100% chance today and tomorrow. It is nice, however, to see the ponds in the area filling up again. It's been so dry the last couple of years that the ponds have gotten very, very low. I think the bass fishing will be great this spring!

I hope y'all have a great day!
caninemom3 (02-25-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (02-25-2013), made582 (02-25-2013), mgramsey (02-25-2013), Seawaters (02-25-2013), snowflake22 (02-25-2013), Solice (02-26-2013), xmas365 (02-25-2013), xmastidings (02-25-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 07:43 AM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Was it a round trip? I thought I spent days trying to find my way back. Everything just looked so different from that side.

caninemom3 (02-25-2013), made582 (02-25-2013), Seawaters (02-25-2013), snowflake22 (02-25-2013), xmas365 (02-25-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 07:48 AM

Last Achievements

Good morning, MMC!

Yay - I get to clean house this morning! Palmer will be underfoot so I'm sure it will be quite the adventure and take at least twice as long to accomplish what I want to do.

Other than that, today I get to relax. I want to finish the book I am currently reading and work more on the afghan.

Have a MERRY day and be safe!!!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (02-25-2013), caninemom3 (02-25-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (02-25-2013), made582 (02-25-2013), mgramsey (02-25-2013), Seawaters (02-25-2013), snowflake22 (02-25-2013), Solice (02-26-2013), xmas365 (02-25-2013)