Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,129
Threads: 54,229
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,429)
Welcome to our newest member, EQLT

Old 02-25-2013, 09:21 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,982 Times in 12,746 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Thanks for bringing your siggie with you!

Originally Posted by Snow-in-Texas View Post
I haven't been on here in a little while, just thought I would pop in and wish everyone a happy Monday, and I hope you all have a great week!!!

Old 02-25-2013, 09:22 AM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Suh-weet!!!

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
I just got an email from my next door neighbor that reads:

10 more months until Christmas!!!

She told me that she one time left her Christmas tree up until July and lit it every day because it would not die. She said right after 4th of July that it finally died.

She has been the perfect neighbor since we have moved here. She loves Christmas like me and loves animals like me! She loves the Beatles too!

Happy Rudolph Day everyone!

Old 02-25-2013, 09:23 AM

Last Achievements

And like a good neighbor, State Farm is there!

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
She sounds like a wonderful neighbor!!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:30 AM

Last Achievements

CM3, expect a package in the mail on February 27. Five books by Ralph Fletcher: How Writers Work: Finding a Process That Works for You, How to Write Your Life Story, Poetry Matters: Writing a Poem from the Inside Out, Live Writing: Breathing Life Into Your Words, and A Writer's Notebook: Unlocking the Writer Within You. Each of these books is a quick read and is packed with information. Fletcher is my favorite writing author. Let me know when they arrive. I would start with A Writer's Notebook; and I would start keeping a writer's notebook. I will share some of the things that I have written in mine. Enjoy!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:03 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 13,127 Times in 2,242 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
I just got an email from my next door neighbor that reads:

10 more months until Christmas!!!

She told me that she one time left her Christmas tree up until July and lit it every day because it would not die. She said right after 4th of July that it finally died.

She has been the perfect neighbor since we have moved here. She loves Christmas like me and loves animals like me! She loves the Beatles too!

Happy Rudolph Day everyone!

[QUOTE=snowflake22;505513]She sounds like a wonderful neighbor!![/QUOTE]

Yup, my feelings as well! Sounds like you lucked out, big time, for finding/ having a neighbor like that! I'm not so fortunate, I'm the only one that has my Christmas decorations up and lit thru January. And, I'm the only one in my neighborhood puts lights up for Halloween as well.

I had one neighbor make a laughing but yet sly little crack at my Christmas lights still up around the 3rd week in January, I had to gently remind him, that he ought to be good to me if he wants any of his architectural applications approved in the future (I'm on my HOA board) After that, I never heard another word about it !...lol

The Bell Still Rings for me,
as it does for all who truly Believe!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-25-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (02-25-2013), Seawaters (02-25-2013), snowflake22 (02-25-2013), xmas365 (02-25-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 13,127 Times in 2,242 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
I've always loved the Marx Brothers. When I was a young teen I read everything about them I could get my hands on. (Well, there were no VCRs, so I couldn't collect their movies.) My favorite Halloween costume was Harpo, and I played fair---I wouldn't speak.

Bill Marx, one of Harpo's sons, had a traveling act in the 1980s. He played the piano, and his partner played the harp, and Bill talked about Harpo. I brought along a 1st-edition copy of "Harpo Speaks" for him to sign, and he wanted me to stick around to talk after the autograph line finished, but my ride was leaving (I didn't have a license yet) and I couldn't stay. I've always regretted that. No doubt...

For a few years, a local TV station would run a Marx Brothers marathon on New Year's Eve, from about 5 p.m. till past midnight. My parents would go to a card party, my brother would go to my grandparents, and for one night in the year I had the TV to myself and all the Marx Brothers I could handle! Those were great evenings.

I agree that their movies aren't on TV often enough. The next generations won't have a chance to discover them. At least all their movies have been released on DVD.
That sounds like a wonderful time, I wish they would do that again... I would be glued to the TV set. You know something, believe it or not, but, I also like to watch the Shirley Temple movies, Laurel and Hardy, Abbott and Costello, Our gang, etc... I would love to have an all weekend of non-stop movies like those...

The Bell Still Rings for me,
as it does for all who truly Believe!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-25-2013), Seawaters (02-25-2013), snowflake22 (02-25-2013), xmas365 (02-25-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 11:26 AM

Last Achievements

Did you find any points of interest or any new restaurants??? LOL!

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Was it a round trip? I thought I spent days trying to find my way back. Everything just looked so different from that side.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:27 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 39,190 Times in 6,088 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Almost forgot ... Happy February Day!

Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
That sounds like a wonderful time, I wish they would do that again... I would be glued to the TV set. You know something, believe it or not, but, I also like to watch the Shirley Temple movies, Laurel and Hardy, Abbott and Costello, Our gang, etc... I would love to have an all weekend of non-stop movies like those...
That was on WDCA Channel 20 out of D.C.---does that even still exist?? It would have been an even better time if I'd known someone then who liked the same things to watch them with me---but I met him some years later and married him. Now we have our favorite movies on DVD and/or 16mm and have a great time watching them together, especially the last three weekends when snowstorms kept us housebound part of the time. Channel 20 also used to show Abbott & Costello movies on Saturday afternoons or Sunday mornings.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (02-25-2013), caninemom3 (02-25-2013), Seawaters (02-25-2013), snowflake22 (02-25-2013), xmas365 (02-25-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 11:30 AM

Last Achievements

I, too, love to watch the old movies. Every Sunday after dinner (lunchtime in the South) I would watch the Shirley Temple movies that were shown on TV back in the 60s. No matter how many times I saw Heidi, I would cry when she heard the Grandfather yelling her name and they missed each other. I also remember seeing a picture of a teenage Shirley Temple with dark hair and could not believe it was the same person! We also had Three Stooges and Tarzan in B&W that I loved watching. Good quality shows to end the weekend on!

Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
Old 02-25-2013, 11:32 AM

Last Achievements

Okay, my favorite peeps. I finally bit the bullet and posted a blog entry. If you read it, let me know what you think. Thanks for input!