Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,000
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,616)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy

Old 02-25-2013, 07:08 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

mike24forever has shown a merry dispositionmike24forever has shown a merry dispositionmike24forever has shown a merry dispositionmike24forever has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
Wow! That's all I can say Imelda, LOL!
Lol. It's a sickness!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mike24forever For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-25-2013), Christmasstar (02-25-2013), merrymistletoe (02-26-2013), Seawaters (02-25-2013), snowflake22 (02-25-2013), xmas365 (02-25-2013)

Old 02-25-2013, 07:19 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,693 Times in 6,004 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
I am going to check them out. I think I heard about that series. Maybe this could be my second calling!
The character was created by Stuart Palmer, who wrote novels and short stories featuring Miss Withers, and also wrote screenplays. When they filmed "The Penguin Pool Murder" with Edna May Oliver, Palmer was so impressed by her portrayal that afterward he wrote the character with Oliver in mind!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (02-25-2013), Meceka (03-05-2013), merrymistletoe (02-26-2013), Ryan (02-26-2013), Seawaters (02-25-2013), snowflake22 (02-25-2013), xmas365 (02-25-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 07:21 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,997 Times in 9,615 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post

Yup, my feelings as well! Sounds like you lucked out, big time, for finding/ having a neighbor like that! I'm not so fortunate, I'm the only one that has my Christmas decorations up and lit thru January. And, I'm the only one in my neighborhood puts lights up for Halloween as well.

I had one neighbor make a laughing but yet sly little crack at my Christmas lights still up around the 3rd week in January, I had to gently remind him, that he ought to be good to me if he wants any of his architectural applications approved in the future (I'm on my HOA board) After that, I never heard another word about it !...lol
Good for you to remind them who you are! =)

Originally Posted by mike24forever View Post
Hello everyone. I posted back in the summer about my accident and how Mike Holmes was renovating my house for his show. It aired on Nov. 27th, however I forgot to tell people here on the board. If you live in Canada you may have seen it already. If you have not and are interested go to www.HGTV.ca/holmesmakesitright. My episode is episode 7 "If the shoe fits"

To my American friends, it will be airing this year in the States. You won't be able to view it online yet.

Sorry, for forgetting. It's been a hectic year for me.

Hope everyone is well.

Michael
I do remember you telling us about this. Thanks for the link!

So good to hear from you!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-25-2013), Christmasstar (02-25-2013), merrymistletoe (02-26-2013), mike24forever (02-25-2013), Seawaters (02-25-2013), snowflake22 (02-25-2013), xmas365 (02-25-2013), xmastidings (02-26-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 07:23 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,501 Times in 9,289 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Hello everyone. I posted back in the summer about my accident and how Mike Holmes was renovating my house for his show. It aired on Nov. 27th, however I forgot to tell people here on the board. If you live in Canada you may have seen it already. If you have not and are interested go to www.HGTV.ca/holmesmakesitright. My episode is episode 7 "If the shoe fits"

To my American friends, it will be airing this year in the States. You won't be able to view it online yet.

Hope everyone is well.

Michael
It's good to see you here !!! The shoe room looks awesom !!

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (02-25-2013), mike24forever (02-25-2013), Seawaters (02-25-2013), snowflake22 (02-25-2013), xmas365 (02-25-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 07:23 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,997 Times in 9,615 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I just "raced" through the post tonight, I'm a bit tired. I feel like I am coming down with a cold. Hopefully a little medicine, some vitamins and a good nights sleep will help me to feel well in the morning!

Sweet dreams everyone!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (02-26-2013), caninemom3 (02-25-2013), Christmasstar (02-25-2013), merrymistletoe (02-26-2013), Seawaters (02-25-2013), snowflake22 (02-25-2013), Solice (02-26-2013), xmas365 (02-25-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 07:24 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

mike24forever has shown a merry dispositionmike24forever has shown a merry dispositionmike24forever has shown a merry dispositionmike24forever has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
It's good to see you here !!! The shoe room looks awesom !!
Thank you.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mike24forever For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-25-2013), Christmasstar (02-25-2013), merrymistletoe (02-26-2013), snowflake22 (02-25-2013), xmas365 (02-25-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 07:26 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,693 Times in 6,004 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
That is too bad that you weren't able to talk with him, I know TCM has in the past had a Marx Brothers marathon on right before July 4, and I think again in October before they start playing the classic horror flicks.
October makes sense, 'cause Groucho's birthday is October 2nd. (So is Bud Abbott's.)

Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
That channel sounds a lot like TV38 and channel 56 out of Boston, before they went "corporate" (couldn't think of a better way to describe it) when I was growing up 56 had the "Creature Double Feature" and TV38 had "The Movie Loft." We use to be able to watch them without cable, 38 also use to carry all the road games for the Red Sox & Bruins. We watched them with just an antenna all the way out here in Western Mass. I miss TV stations like that now, it's always the same things on now.
I've heard a lot about Channel 38 from Mr., and the vintage movies they used to run.

Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
A while back i found a dvd set of the Michael Shayne mysteries...i think that is the name....but have not seen them yet. Are they any good?

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2
Yep, they're good, but you have to pay attention while you watch. The first one in the series has a tough plot to follow! We haven't seen them all yet, but in our opinion, anything with Lloyd Nolan in it is worth watching. We also recommend the Boston Blackie series with Chester Morris, and the Falcon mysteries.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-25-2013), Christmasstar (02-25-2013), Seawaters (02-25-2013), snowflake22 (02-25-2013), xmas365 (02-25-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 07:30 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,501 Times in 9,289 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
I just "raced" through the post tonight, I'm a bit tired. I feel like I am coming down with a cold. Hopefully a little medicine, some vitamins and a good nights sleep will help me to feel well in the morning!

Sweet dreams everyone!

Oh No !! I hope you feel better !!!! xoxo

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (02-26-2013), Seawaters (02-25-2013), Snow-in-Texas (02-25-2013), snowflake22 (02-25-2013), xmas365 (02-25-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 07:32 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,676 Times in 13,349 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
We just got a notice that all of the local schools are closed tomorrow because of flooding over the roads. The rivers are bursting with water!

Here's quick shot of the field (not a pond, but a field) across the road from my office.

hopefully it does not get any worse than this. Keep dry!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,676 Times in 13,349 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint

Hope everyone is well.

Michael
Attachment 1565

Here's a picture of the shoe room that they built for me.
I missed it! Was working at that time. Hopefully they show it again later.
Did see the preview...
http://youtu.be/j1DjAVAeiUY