Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,132
Threads: 54,248
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,728)
Welcome to our newest member, elf princess

Old 03-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 73,062 Times in 12,761 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Think about sending snowballs her way. She has a vicious throw!

Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
Good to see you, Momnan !!! Sending ((((Hugs)))) your way ! xo

Old 03-14-2013, 11:30 AM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
It is!!! There are still two slices left, maybe three if they are cut smaller!

Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
Mmmmmmm....I love coconut cream pie !!! Bet it was good !! xo
Old 03-14-2013, 11:44 AM

Last Achievements

An unthinking parent who only thinks about himself. How sad that he did not consider the far-reaching consequences of his act. I truly hope there is someone with some sense to help this young girl. Prayers on the way, MGR.

Originally Posted by mgramsey View Post
Happy Pines day everyone.

We had more bad news this morning. We had a 17 yr old commit suicide Monday then last night a 15 yr old girl in our high school attempted suicide. She is in ICU in Asheville. Just like the first kid, she was struggling with a broken home. Her dad had an affair and moved in with his girlfriend abandoning his kids. Some folks should not have children. There are obviously a lot hurting kids out there. We live in a very small community, only 5,000 people in our whole county, so it hits everyone hard. Sorry to be a downer but the family covets your prayers.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:51 AM

Last Achievements

Thinking of you on the day, Xmas. Have you thought about doing something on this day each year to celebrate your mom's life? What are the things she loved to do most? Did she have a favorite food or favorite book? You could make a special meal and remember her, and you could read her favorite book or excerpts from it. What was her favorite movie?

Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
Good morning,

Just resting for what will be a long night at work. Still playing catch up from last weeks lost days. Today is always a hard day for me, it was 22 years ago today my mom lost her battle with cancer, I always get moody, and emotional on and around this day. Trying to keep myself calm by listening to some Christmas music, it always relaxes me the most. I should probably start to get ready for work.

ttyl
Old 03-14-2013, 11:53 AM

Last Achievements

Dinner?

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
So we know Black Smoke means the coffee is on at the vatican and White smoke means we have a new pope. What does a white seagull sitting on top of the chimmney for an hour mean though?
Old 03-14-2013, 11:55 AM

Last Achievements

Keeping you in thoughts and prayers, Brad. Take care!

Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Good Wednesday afternoon, my Christmas friends!

I found a way to "remote desktop" into my computer from a vacant computer, so I can get a few things done before I have to be out tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to another procedure, but hopefully he can figure on what the problem is, and get me going again!

I'll try to check in again tomorrow. If not, Friday for sure.

I hope y'all have a great next few days!
Old 03-14-2013, 12:01 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 108,524 Times in 19,732 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good afternoon, MMC~

Hope your day is going well!

It's only in the 20's here, cloudy, flurrying, and windy....brr!

If only it were December =]

Have a wonderful Thursday!!
Old 03-14-2013, 12:04 PM

Last Achievements

Take care, Jennifer. I had the burning throat business earlier this week, but I kept taking Ricola drops to ease the pain.

Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
I do not feel well! I have red ulcers all over the back sides of my throat. I get them a couple of times a year and it's usually a virus that has to run its course. If they turn white then I know it's strep throat. The worst thing is there is nothing I can do to ease the pain. The last time I had them I thought gargling with salt water would help, but nooooo. They turned even brighter red and burned terribly. I didn't know that I had them this time and I ate sauce, now I'm paying the price! I have been feeling rundown for a few days but I thought it had to do with the time change. Now I know why!
Old 03-14-2013, 12:09 PM

Last Achievements

Take care, MC. I had dizziness from an inner ear infection when I was a senior in college. It took a looong time to get over it! I had to crawl to the bathroom because of the dizziness. Not fun. Prayers on the way!

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Haven't been around much today. Went to work but left about 12:30 and came home and slept for a few hours. Would have come home much earlier, but there was work that had to be done and they couldn't wait for a temp to get there. Nothing serious, just severe fatigue and brain fog. Yesterday evening I got dizzy suddenly for no good reason, and it just got worse, so I went to bed early. Even lying down, the bed spun unless I lay very still. I wasn't dizzy when I got up this morning, but I didn't feel right all day, and still don't. I think it has something to do with yesterday's dizziness somehow. I may stay home tomorrow if I feel the same in the morning. But that's nothing compared with what some of you are dealing with right now. You're all in my thoughts.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:18 PM

Last Achievements

I forgot to add that including the kids could make this day meaningful for the kids to remember their grandmother. Is there a special charity that the kids could donate a little something to in memory of your mom? What was your mom's favorite color or favorite flower? Maybe you could set out a vase with flowers in her memory and recount to the boys some of the fun things she is noted for.

Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
Thinking of you on the day, Xmas. Have you thought about doing something on this day each year to celebrate your mom's life? What are the things she loved to do most? Did she have a favorite food or favorite book? You could make a special meal and remember her, and you could read her favorite book or excerpts from it. What was her favorite movie?