Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,848
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,200)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 03-27-2013, 07:19 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,124 Times in 9,459 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
Good evening, Christmas family

Wowsa am I beat !! The answer is yes. This getting up at 5 a.m. and typing is a trick this old dog is not quite adapting to. I don't have to do it that early, it is just that if I get up early and get done working by 2 or 3 in the afternoon there is so much more time for other stuff.

I am planning on going back on my diet the first weekend of May. I was going to do it in April but I don't want to be on a diet when my Goddaughter gets married, that just didn't make sense to me so I put off going back to Jenny Craig until the following weeked. I have regained pratically all of that 22 pounds again. Oh well. You win some, lose some (no pun intended) I guess.

Xmas - I feel so bad that you are sick. I am really praying you feel better. I posted a video in your Christmas Song A Day thread, I hope that is okay. I think it was Santa Claus Got Stuck In My Chimney by Ella Fitzgerald. I just love that song and her voice - Oh my !! She was amazing.

Tomorrow is my next to the last lesson for writing class. I am considering taking further classes, perhaps with The University Of Phoenix but it would depend on the cost. I am also considering checking into an English degree that they offer. Again, the cost may be too prohibitive so I will just have to see. The English class covers ALL forms of writing. That might actually be a good thing for me.

If that is too expensive, then I am going to sign up for a grammar refresher class through the same school which I am taking the writing class. I love school and I love learning.

Part of a filling in one of my teeth fell out well over a year ago and I never did anything about it since I do not have dental insurance. Now 15 months later the tooth is beginning to be very, very painful with hot and cold and kind of achy. I am going to have to do something soon. I am a real pansy about pain.

Wish is still doing great. We switched his food from Beneful Hearty Meals to a similar type of meal made by Racheal Ray. They look mighty tasty and they are 2% less protein which he needs because of his kidney disease. Yes, they ARE expensive but Wish is worth a gazillion more than they are worth. As long as he is eating and doing well, I don't care about the cost.

I hope all have a very Christmassy evening and big ((((Hugs)))) to all but ESPECIALLY to:

Ella, Harlowe, Snowball, Gomez, Ophelia, Sidney, Alex, Merlin, Snickers, Victor, Daisy, Diva, Mickey, Palmer, Mouse, Bo, Chico, Meca, Alvin, Charlie, Gary, Bailey, Jerrold, Irving, Martha, Uncle Julio, Missy, Scooby, Sasha, Jacob, Cracker, Bunny B, Penny, Pocket, LuLu, Bear-Bear, Stripey, Holly, Fate Puppy (London,) Buster, Missy, Baby, Santa's Polar Bears, Sangria, O'Malley, Beau, Taz, Zema, Rizzo, Bella, Happy, Sam, Guinness, Holly Noel, Larry SR, Mama, Happy, Molly, Maggie, Jazzie, Bella, Bentley and all furkids everywhere xoxoo

Sweet Christmas Dreams Everyone !!

Good luck on your schooling! I am happy that you are interested in these courses. I wish I could find something I am interested in doing and take a course. I guess it would be fun what my son did and take IT courses.

I hope you get that tooth taken care of and out of pain soon!

I agree about feeding Wish the best!!! I do the same for my babies. I think they eat better than I do!

We sell a lot of pricey foods at our feed store and sell a lot. I guess everyone does the same as you and I getting the best for our babies!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (03-27-2013), Christmasstar (03-27-2013), HomemakinGirl (03-27-2013), made582 (03-27-2013), Seawaters (03-28-2013), snowflake22 (03-27-2013), Solice (03-27-2013), xmas365 (03-27-2013)

Old 03-27-2013, 07:26 AM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,495 Times in 9,284 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
Good morning! Just got back from my morning walk, heading out to the supermarket in a few minutes. My oldest has to work for a few hours today and I'm hoping to get to the mall with my other two. Other than that I just have some chores to do around the house and I am going to make a pot of sauce. Dinner will be macaroni and meatballs. I hope everyone has a great day!

Dinner sounds very nice !! I hope the supermarket is not too crazy for you and that you have a wonderful day !! xo

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (03-27-2013), HomemakinGirl (03-27-2013), made582 (03-27-2013), Seawaters (03-28-2013), snowflake22 (03-27-2013), xmas365 (03-27-2013)
Old 03-27-2013, 07:27 AM

caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Listen up, this is important.
Get the tooth taken care of. NOW. If infection sets in to the pulp, you may require a root canal and a crown, or lose the tooth; damage to underlying bone may also be occurring. Lost fillings are not an occasion for procrastination. They can lead to further decay, pulp damage, root canal, and worse. It's much less expensive to fix a lost or cracked filling than to pay for a root canal, deep infection, and a crown.

No, I'm not a dentist, but because of congenitally poor tooth enamel, I have a l-o-n-g experience with fillings, failed fillings, replaced fillings, root canals, crowns, and dental implants. I'm not trying to be an alarmist---all I mean to say is, don't put this off, it'll get much more painful and expensive and difficult to treat.

I believe you !!! Yes. I am going to have it taken care of definitely !!

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (03-27-2013), HomemakinGirl (03-27-2013), made582 (03-27-2013), MerryCarey (03-27-2013), Seawaters (03-28-2013), snowflake22 (03-27-2013), xmas365 (03-27-2013)
Old 03-27-2013, 07:29 AM

holly

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Good luck on your schooling! I am happy that you are interested in these courses. I wish I could find something I am interested in doing and take a course. I guess it would be fun what my son did and take IT courses.

I hope you get that tooth taken care of and out of pain soon!

I agree about feeding Wish the best!!! I do the same for my babies. I think they eat better than I do!

We sell a lot of pricey foods at our feed store and sell a lot. I guess everyone does the same as you and I getting the best for our babies!

Good Morning, CAH !! Wish just loves his Rachal Ray food so much I can't refuse him. It makes me feel so happy when he eats well. I feel like then maybe I can relax for a moment !! xo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (03-27-2013), Christmasstar (03-27-2013), HomemakinGirl (03-27-2013), made582 (03-27-2013), Seawaters (03-28-2013), snowflake22 (03-27-2013), xmas365 (03-27-2013)
Old 03-27-2013, 07:43 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,318 Times in 13,286 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
I believe you !!! Yes. I am going to have it taken care of definitely !!
good, I was going to tell you the same thing!
Special people need special care, so take care of yourself !!!
Old 03-27-2013, 07:52 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,318 Times in 13,286 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good morning!
I am up and going over code lists again. I need occasional breaks so pop in here when I can. My shelf needs dusting. Hope you all have a great morning.

I have to do my last shift at Subway tonight, which does not leave me much time for study. Next test is tomorrow morning at 11am.

Enough chatter, back to the codes!
Bradmac (03-27-2013), caninemom3 (03-27-2013), made582 (03-27-2013), mgramsey (03-27-2013), Ryan (03-27-2013), Seawaters (03-28-2013), snowflake22 (03-27-2013), Solice (03-27-2013), xmas365 (03-27-2013)
Old 03-27-2013, 07:58 AM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 47,618 Times in 7,653 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Happy 'Pines Day!

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face ~ Victor Hugo
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (03-27-2013), caninemom3 (03-27-2013), Christmasstar (03-27-2013), HomemakinGirl (03-27-2013), made582 (03-27-2013), mgramsey (03-27-2013), Seawaters (03-28-2013), snowflake22 (03-27-2013), Solice (03-27-2013), xmas365 (03-27-2013)
Old 03-27-2013, 08:00 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,424 Times in 28,909 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
I have a question (if you don't mind) before I upgrade my "dinosaur" phone. Does the iPhone store lots of pictures and video? When we take vacations we bring along our laptop, take pictures with our camera, upload them at then end of the day and start all over the next day taking more. Next time we go on vacation I want to leave the laptop behind. No use for it since going on a cruise cost a fortune to go online so no use for the laptop except for uploading pics. I would like to be able to take an iPhone or something similar to take loads of pictures with an not worry about having to clean it out uploading it to the laptop. Then of course we can use to iPhone for online usage off the ship. We plan to take 8 days worth of photos and video so not sure exactly how much it will hold or do you buy extra space? I am clueless!!! You can tell I never had one of these phones! Wayne will have one too so there is more space! (Long winded question, sorry!)

The Iphone5 has an 8mp camera and the base model has 16gb of memory. So it should hold roughly 6000 pictures. Now you are going to be using some of that memory for apps and stuff like that. But even if you only have half of the memory left, you would still be looking at almost 3000 pictures. So as long as you don't go crazy, it should hold them all.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (03-27-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (03-27-2013), Christmasstar (03-27-2013), HomemakinGirl (03-27-2013), Seawaters (03-28-2013), snowflake22 (03-27-2013), xmas365 (03-27-2013)
Old 03-27-2013, 08:01 AM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 47,618 Times in 7,653 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good morning, MMC!

I am about to put some Christmas music on and do a few house cleaning chores. It will be fun!

Have a MERRY day!

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face ~ Victor Hugo
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (03-27-2013), caninemom3 (03-27-2013), Christmasstar (03-27-2013), HomemakinGirl (03-27-2013), made582 (03-27-2013), Ryan (03-27-2013), Seawaters (03-28-2013), snowflake22 (03-27-2013), Solice (03-27-2013), xmas365 (03-27-2013)
Old 03-27-2013, 08:10 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 21,379 Times in 2,952 Posts
Ryan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
Good morning, MMC!

I am about to put some Christmas music on and do a few house cleaning chores. It will be fun!

Have a MERRY day!
Sounds good! I usually don't listen to Christmas music year round, but yesterday I had to sneak in a couple of songs!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (03-27-2013), Christmasstar (03-27-2013), HomemakinGirl (03-27-2013), Seawaters (03-28-2013), snowflake22 (03-27-2013), xmas365 (03-27-2013)