Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,126
Threads: 54,224
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,350)
Welcome to our newest member, MetalBlessing

Old 03-29-2013, 10:59 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,947 Times in 12,739 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We need someone like you to "over analyze" for the rest of us. I thnk I am somewhere in the middle. Sometimes I am an I-want-it-now person, and sometimes I really analyze after doing the research, and sometimes I base my decisions on others' opinions. Like I said, we need you!!! I based my Vita-Mix purchase on your info, and I have not been sorry at all. In fact, I have recommended it to several people. You are right, I think, in that the price on the Vita-Mix is pretty set!

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Xmas365, I am glad you are starting to feel better!!!

I have never done it, obviously since I have an old phone, but seen it done many times. We will be paying for our lunch from groupon printed coupon and I have seen people upload the coupon on their smart phone and the cashier will scan it. I have seen it done at multiple stores as well. Really convenient!!! I'm a coupon junky and will have a lot of use with this.

I tend to "over analyze" buying anything, "Do I need it, will I use it a lot, is is the best possible deal"? And more questions! I will even hold off for a long time on something I want until I can get the best deal possible. I'm just not an impulsive shopper. That's just me though! Except for the Vita Mix, that dang thing doesn't seem to ever come down in price but I don't regret ever buying it! I can't claim that I am perfect at this!!! I just do the best I can that works for me. Wayne will just sometimes say, "If you want it, get it"! I just can't seem to do it! =)

I get so nervous bidding on Ebay in fear of losing what I want. The best way, wait until the last 30 seconds to make your bid. You usually win! I use to sell Ebay and people did that a lot. I haven't read further but hope you won!

Old 03-29-2013, 11:05 AM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Thanks for the info, Meceka. Interesting reading!

Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
Here is an article about cold frames.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:12 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 19,006 Times in 3,072 Posts
gabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa envious
My first week back from vacation is over and not a minute too soon! I would like to clean and have everything smelling good for when Brandi comes home. It's her first week back to the classroom as well. SHe has started to count down the days of school now. I am not sure but she has about 7 weeks I think! Our official moving date is June 14th! it is really going to go fast I know. I have spring cleaning in the yard today to make it more appealing to prospective buyers. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! I will come back at some point tonight. Have any of you watched the Jodi Arias trial that is seemingly on every channel on the 24 hour news cycles? wow how weird but once you starrrt watching its really sad and just weird! this al just like the Casey Anthony trial in a lot of ways. I have to limit myself to crap like that way too negative...okay have a good night all!!
Bradmac (03-29-2013), caninemom3 (03-29-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (03-29-2013), Christmasstar (03-29-2013), HomemakinGirl (03-29-2013), made582 (03-29-2013), Seawaters (03-29-2013), snowflake22 (03-29-2013), xmas365 (03-29-2013)
Old 03-29-2013, 11:14 AM

Last Achievements

Thanks again, Snowflake. I will do that very thing! I can hardly wait, especially since I am going to BB&B sometime before we leave for home. I will also check out Bath and Body Works.

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Very cool!! Hope you like them!!

If you have certain stores that are your faves, download their free apps & you'll have your coupons right there at your fingertips!! For example, I have Bed, Bath, and Beyond, Michael's, Hobby Lobby, and Shopko on mine. And I just open up my app & have them scan my coupons from there to get the deals =]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2013, 11:17 AM

Last Achievements

Your Easter dinner plans sound great. Which restaurant will you go to? We have to wait until the plans for our kitchen are approved before we can even start on it. I will be so glad for Hubby to be finished!

Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
Hello everyone! I didn't really get to post yesterday, I was super busy with the girls. Then my husband did a lot of work in the kitchen when he got home. Part of the kitchen renovation included tearing an existing wall down and he decided to do that last night. What a mess. I have been cleaning as best as I can but that darn dust gets in to every nook and cranny of the house. I was behind him with the vacuum the whole night, lol. We are going to have to go out this year for Easter dinner. I usually host it but since nobody offered to reciprocate I decided to make reservations at one of our favorite restaurants. We will be taking my parents. I'm looking forward to when this kitchen is finished because this room really is the heart of my home. And I love to entertain. Anyway, I am off to the mall with the girls now. I hope everyone is doing well and I will be back later to catch up with some reading here. Oh yeah, I got my Iphone, still trying to figure it out! Wishing you all a wonderful day!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:20 AM

Last Achievements

Beautiful sun effects, Star!

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
my son took this picture of our church this morning when we arrived for the Good Friday service.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:22 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 107,919 Times in 19,617 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
my son took this picture of our church this morning when we arrived for the Good Friday service.
What a glorious picture!!

Old 03-29-2013, 11:34 AM

Last Achievements

Good monring, my Christmas friends. Can you believe how quickly the Countdown is going? Amazing, truly amazing! For some reason, I woke up with quite a bit of pain this morning; and it is taking a long time to get on top of it. Not sure why! I am "Home Alone" again, but with the upcoming weekend, that won't last long. We had homemade spaghetti last night and are having fish sandwiches tonight. I am not sure what we will have tomorrow, but it will be butterfied leg of lamb for Easter. We will have smashed potatoes, roasted asparagus, regular salad, jello salad, and then Mississippi Mud Cake for dessert. The smashed potatoes are red potatoes cooked whole either stove-top or in the oven, then smashed down individually, sprinkled with butter and seasoning (parmesan, Emeril's original seasoning, rosemary, and other to-taste seasonings), and baked to a golden brown. It makes me hungry just typing this, LOL! I am glad my family loves good food! Oh, yeah, I almost forgot: homemade refrigerator rolls. Those are always a must!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:36 AM

Last Achievements

Wow! Only 91 posts to go to reach 13,000 posts on the Countdown!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:42 AM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,501 Times in 9,289 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Two peas in a pod!! Xo

Indeed !!! xoxo

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (03-29-2013), made582 (03-29-2013), Seawaters (03-29-2013), snowflake22 (03-29-2013), xmas365 (03-29-2013)