Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,463
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Does Santa ever get...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:55 PM
52,136 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Defined
By MMC Editor
05-01-2002 10:19 PM
Last post by JeanetteDi
09-20-2011 08:20 AM
59,219 Views  1 Posts
O Holy Night
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:20 PM
60,968 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2004
By MMC Editor
06-11-2004 11:00 PM
60,625 Views  0 Posts
Mostly Homemade (and...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2011 03:31 PM
46,095 Views  0 Posts

Old 03-29-2013, 01:14 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,766 Times in 9,087 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Yes, but she was asking you & I didn't want to be rude
Wait!!!! I would not thought you were being rude at all! There could have been that chance I missed the question but I did manage to make it on today. If I am ever asked a question again and you know the answer (or anyone else), by all means, JUMP IN!!! If I have more to add, I will. =)

Plus, you can do it on some other phones, too. I could've done it on my previous phone, but it would've taken forever to load the website. So I thought maybe you did it on yours?

I was going to tell you that I did the same thing as you! I waited until my phone was dying to get a smartphone. It was over 2.5 years old, and I knew I had an upgrade coming. It started shorting out, dropping calls, the screen would go blank, it would freeze, etc...drove me nuts! And I knew we were moving, and wanted something reliable for the road...and with GPS.
I'll never regret it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have only been online with my phone a couple of times a few years ago while traveling but it was just terrible trying to do anything so I didn't mess with it again. I just called my son to look it up on his computer! My phone is super outdated! There is no way to do the scan type coupons on it either.

Texting is a pain because I have the number keypad. Just recently I have a need to text and NEVER thought I would need to. I never "chit chat" through texting, only for important things. When I am babysitting and I have an urgent message I need to get to my son-in-law or daughter I will send over a text. They said they get those messages faster because they are in situations where they cannot answer the phone or check voice mail. My son-in-law especially, he does moving jobs and does not have any other way of communicating. He can rarely answer the phone but can check a text easily. My daughter has a desk job with a private line so if it's more than urgent (like when my grandson had to go to the hospital) I could call her there for something less urgent, I text her.

Just thought of it, but I texted my boss yesterday for the first time! We are so busy at work that there would have been no way for him to get to the business phone and it would have been the usual "phone tag". I do see him checking text throughout the day. It worked out great, he got my message very quickly!

We keep our phones forever too. Mine is not holding a charge very well. No plans to buy a new battery, time for a new phone! =)

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (03-29-2013), made582 (03-29-2013), Seawaters (03-29-2013), snowflake22 (03-29-2013), xmas365 (03-29-2013)
Old 03-29-2013, 01:16 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
All this talk of upgrading technology.. Hmm... Will I ever get rid of my VCR??? Still functions and so do all the 100's of VHS tapes I have so I will keep it along with my DVD player. We played an Easter VHS today, The Easter Beagle!

(Did I just open up a can of worms for a new conversation)!?

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (03-29-2013), caninemom3 (03-29-2013), HomemakinGirl (03-29-2013), made582 (03-29-2013), Seawaters (03-29-2013), snowflake22 (03-29-2013), xmas365 (03-29-2013), xmastidings (04-01-2013)
Old 03-29-2013, 01:19 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
You would never be rude, either of you. We are here for each other! I, too, waited until my phone died. It was almost five years old!!! Taking pictures was as hi-tech as it got! Even though we have GPS in the car, having it on the phone is great when you are walking around a city and want to find a particular spot. I really appreciate the info from BOTH of you!
Hey! She was talking to me and you just had the need to butt in???

(You know I'm kidding, I couldn't resist)

She is right, Snowflake!!! (((hugs))) =)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (03-29-2013), made582 (03-29-2013), Seawaters (03-29-2013), snowflake22 (03-29-2013), xmas365 (03-29-2013)
Old 03-29-2013, 01:22 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Christmasstar, I forgot to mention but those are beautiful pictures!

I regret the picture that I missed taking of our church coming home one day. There was a beautiful rainbow right across the steeple. It was amazing but I had no camera on me!!! (Another reason to upgrade my phone!!!)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (03-29-2013), caninemom3 (03-29-2013), HomemakinGirl (03-29-2013), made582 (03-29-2013), Seawaters (03-29-2013), snowflake22 (03-29-2013), xmas365 (03-29-2013)
Old 03-29-2013, 01:22 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 83,299 Times in 14,055 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Wait!!!! I would not thought you were being rude at all! There could have been that chance I missed the question but I did manage to make it on today. If I am ever asked a question again and you know the answer (or anyone else), by all means, JUMP IN!!! If I have more to add, I will. =)

I have only been online with my phone a couple of times a few years ago while traveling but it was just terrible trying to do anything so I didn't mess with it again. I just called my son to look it up on his computer! My phone is super outdated! There is no way to do the scan type coupons on it either.

Texting is a pain because I have the number keypad. Just recently I have a need to text and NEVER thought I would need to. I never "chit chat" through texting, only for important things. When I am babysitting and I have an urgent message I need to get to my son-in-law or daughter I will send over a text. They said they get those messages faster because they are in situations where they cannot answer the phone or check voice mail. My son-in-law especially, he does moving jobs and does not have any other way of communicating. He can rarely answer the phone but can check a text easily. My daughter has a desk job with a private line so if it's more than urgent (like when my grandson had to go to the hospital) I could call her there for something less urgent, I text her.

Just thought of it, but I texted my boss yesterday for the first time! We are so busy at work that there would have been no way for him to get to the business phone and it would have been the usual "phone tag". I do see him checking text throughout the day. It worked out great, he got my message very quickly!

We keep our phones forever too. Mine is not holding a charge very well. No plans to buy a new battery, time for a new phone! =)
Haha!! I know that about you, my
friend

It was more about the way I was raised. But I will jump in next time, I appreciate you saying that!

I never wanted to be that person who texts all the time, but I am :/ LOL

It's so convenient, and so many people prefer it. You can make a quick note, or message, and keep on with your day until you have time for a longer conversation. I know a lot of people, just like your son, that will check their texts more than their voicemail. By no means do I think it replaces calling someone, but it is quite convenient.

So, are you leaning towards an Android or an IPhone?

Old 03-29-2013, 01:23 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 83,299 Times in 14,055 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Hey! She was talking to me and you just had the need to butt in???

(You know I'm kidding, I couldn't resist)

She is right, Snowflake!!! (((hugs))) =)
Bahahahaha!! Love it

There's a lot of love around here!!!

Old 03-29-2013, 01:25 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 145,032 Times in 26,680 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I've watched bits & pieces of it. She is crazy :/ And I don't think she's criminally insane, just arrogant & self-entitled. She's lied so many times, that I don't even think she remembers the truth anymore. I hope Travis gets justice.
I've followed some of it and I agree. She's nuts but she knew what she was doing. I don't care what the so called expert said, I don't believe for a minute that she doesn't remember what she did after she shot him.

I also really like that the jury gets to ask questions. It should be like that everywhere.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (03-29-2013), Seawaters (03-29-2013), snowflake22 (03-29-2013), xmas365 (03-29-2013)
Old 03-29-2013, 01:30 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

I have been fighting this a couple of days but I am hurting and in general not feeling well. My right shoulder on down to my lower back on my right side is really hurting. I could hardly sleep last night. I really haven't been well all week, started out with cold symptoms then this! I had the kids for 12 hours yesterday, when they left I fell in bed and left a sink full of dishes and laundry in the washer and dryer. I hate doing that but just didn't feel well.

Wayne came home after working overtime and cleaned up everything! I told him I would get it the next day but he told me to rest. I am thankful he did because I am still not well today but at least I had the kids for only half the day. My son helped out a lot, he cooked the kids breakfast this morning then cooked lunch for them. I got a couple of sweet guys in this house!!!

I did manage to get up for a little bit and dye Easter Eggs with the kids.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (03-29-2013), caninemom3 (03-29-2013), made582 (03-29-2013), Seawaters (03-29-2013), snowflake22 (03-29-2013), whitney37354 (04-01-2013), xmas365 (03-29-2013)
Old 03-29-2013, 01:30 PM

Last Achievements

made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good afternoon, MMC

TGIF, right?!

I am just doing some housework, Adrian's friend Nate is coming tomorrow for the weekend. He is excited to see him, well we both are! We haven't seen him since our wedding, which will be 5 years this August. Nate is moving to Colorado soon, so it may be another few years before we see him again.

Tonight, we are going to go out for dinner to celebrate my birthday. We had to put it off because life has just been busy! But, I'm in the mood for Mexican tonight, and the place we are going to has great seafood. It should be a nice time!

What are your plans?

Well, whatever they are, I hope YOU have a wonderful evening!!

Have fun!!!!!! I'll be over at my neighbors apartment helping him move furniture around so the maintenance staff can lay new carpet tomorrow.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (03-29-2013), Seawaters (03-29-2013), snowflake22 (03-29-2013), xmas365 (03-29-2013)
Old 03-29-2013, 01:32 PM

Last Achievements

I have been fighting this a couple of days but I am hurting and in general not feeling well. My right shoulder on down to my lower back on my right side is really hurting. I could hardly sleep last night. I really haven't been well all week, started out with cold symptoms then this! I had the kids for 12 hours yesterday, when they left I fell in bed and left a sink full of dishes and laundry in the washer and dryer. I hate doing that but just didn't feel well.

Wayne came home after working overtime and cleaned up everything! I told him I would get it the next day but he told me to rest. I am thankful he did because I am still not well today but at least I had the kids for only half the day. My son helped out a lot, he cooked the kids breakfast this morning then cooked lunch for them. I got a couple of sweet guys in this house!!!

I did manage to get up for a little bit and dye Easter Eggs with the kids.

I hope you get feeling better soon!!!!!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (03-29-2013), caninemom3 (03-29-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (03-29-2013), Seawaters (03-29-2013), snowflake22 (03-29-2013), xmas365 (03-29-2013)