Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > DVD's & Blu-Rays » Great Upcoming Blu Ray Release

My Merry Christmas Announcement

DVD's & Blu-Rays New releases, old and hard to find titles -- anything and everything of Christmas that can be played in a machine is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,130
Threads: 54,236
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,523)
Welcome to our newest member, hewlieje

Old 04-11-2013, 11:52 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,500 Times in 1,598 Posts
XmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the tree
Great Upcoming Blu Ray Release

This will be a buy for me. wish they would tie-in the riff trax from the live show they did.

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians: Kino Classics Special Edition [Blu-ray] (1964)

A film this bad has never looked so good! Kino Classics proudly presents a fully restored edition (from HD elements and the ONLY VERSION AVAILABLE ON BLU-RAY) of the notorious holiday classic. The Martians are irked that their children spend so much time watching TV shows from Earth that sing the praises of Santa Claus, so they decide to make a trek to the planet to capture Mr. Claus. During their mission, they also abduct two children who lead the aliens to the North Pole and Santa. The Martians take all three earthlings back to Mars, where, with the help of a native, they manage to spread Christmas cheer throughout the red planet. SCCTM took on newfound fame in the 1990's after being featured on Mystery Science Theater 3000 and became a holiday staple on Comedy Central in the years following its 1991 premiere, becoming one of the series' most popular episodes. It has since found new life again in the 2000's, having been riffed by Cinematic Titanic, which includes former cast members from MST3K, as of November 2008. Scenes from the movie were also used in both Comedy Central's ''A Colbert Christmas'' and ''Eloise at Christmastime''. SPECIAL FEATURES: ''The Retro Holiday Film Festival'' that includes Vintage Max Fleischer Holiday Cartoons, Seasons Greetings from Calssic TV Stars, Howdy Doody's Christmas Story, Rare, Remastered Holiday Commercials and much, much more

Hester, Pat (2013-11-14). Christmas Mall Follies (p. 56). . Kindle Edition.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XmasDreams For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (04-11-2013), snowflake22 (04-11-2013), Yuletide Junkie (04-11-2013)

Old 04-11-2013, 01:34 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,116 Times in 13,434 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I have never seen this one
Old 04-11-2013, 01:42 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

XmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the tree
What WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did you never see this great classic drek. really should watch it is pretty bad but bad in a good way. Still one of my fav episode of MST3k when they did this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XmasDreams For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (04-11-2013), Yuletide Junkie (04-11-2013)
Old 04-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,116 Times in 13,434 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by XmasDreams View Post

How did you never see this great classic drek. really should watch it is pretty bad but bad in a good way. Still one of my fav episode of MST3k when they did this.
I will try to find a copy and watch it then!
Old 04-11-2013, 04:14 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,069 Times in 384 Posts
Yuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elf
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
I will try to find a copy and watch it then!
The extras on the new release may make it worthwhile, but you have been warned about the quality of the main feature. It is a popular curio from a time when there were very few new Christmas movies being released in theaters.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:23 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by XmasDreams View Post

Lets have a Patrick Swayze Christmas.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:13 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Billy Battles View Post
Lets have a Patrick Swayze Christmas.

LOL!!!! Love it man...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZyJCV_dyug

Open up your heart and let the Patrick Swayze Christmas in. We'll gather at the Road House with our next of kin. And Santa can be our regular Saturday night thing. We'll decorate a barstool and gather round and sing. Oh, let's have a Patrick Swayze Christmas this year! Or we'll tear your throat out and kick you in the ear... (spoken) Joel: Hold it, hold it a sec. Cambot, stop the music. Uh, Crow, I don't know if I think this is an appropriate sentiment anymore for Christmas. Crow: Hey, what? Like a good action sequence don't belong in Christmas? Joel: Well, no, it's just that I've never heard of an action sequence in a Christmas carol before. Crow: Well, then grab hold o' your socks, Joel Robinson, and read on! Tom: Okay, pick it up from measure 20, Cambot. (music)...Lovely intro, though. Very tasteful. Crow: Thank you. It's my way or the highway, this Christmas at my bar. I'll have to smash your kneecaps if you bastards touch my car! I got the word that Santa has been stealing from the till. I think that that right jolly old elf had better make out his will! Oh, let's have a Patrick Swayze Christmas, one and all. And this can be the haziest... This can be the laziest... This can be the Swayziest Christmas of them all!

Old 04-17-2013, 07:45 AM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 6,061 Times in 1,089 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
This was horrible! But in an ok way hah.
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!
The Following User Says Thank You to Undrtakr For This Useful Post:
XmasDreams (04-17-2013)
Old 04-17-2013, 08:28 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 39,203 Times in 6,090 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Yuletide Junkie View Post
The extras on the new release may make it worthwhile, but you have been warned about the quality of the main feature. It is a popular curio from a time when there were very few new Christmas movies being released in theaters.
If you take it with a grain of salt and watch it for what it is---a Christmas film that has more ambition than budget---it really isn't such a bad film.

Anyway, you can't beat the theme song ("Hooray for Santa Claus")!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following User Says Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
XmasDreams (04-17-2013)