Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > MMC Home for the Holidays > Christmas Home > Member of the Month » Announcement December 2011 Member of the Month

Member of the Month Every month we spotlight the best of the Merry Forums membership.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,451
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,178)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
My Little Lie
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:07 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
12-23-2013 02:24 PM
8 Posts
What is Santa's favorite...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:50 PM
46,023 Views  0 Posts
The Mythical Beginnings...
By MMC Editor
07-17-2011 12:19 PM
0 Posts
22 16x16 Great Debates: Christmas...
By MMC Editor
10-28-2011 08:41 AM
55,393 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree Ten Tips for the...
By MMC Editor
11-01-2012 12:35 AM
Last post by Jeff Westover
11-04-2012 05:01 PM
75,069 Views  2 Posts

Old 01-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Webmaster Partner, Why Christmas?

Last Achievements

whychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Big Congrats Louann (and great choice Mo!)

btw, yay for Third Day!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to whychristmas For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-05-2012)
Old 01-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,408 Times in 1,736 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
I can't take the credit, much as I would like to........

The People Have Spoken!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Santa Clausologist

Thanked 1,023 Times in 139 Posts
nmc42088 is a good elfnmc42088 is a good elfnmc42088 is a good elfnmc42088 is a good elfnmc42088 is a good elfnmc42088 is a good elfnmc42088 is a good elfnmc42088 is a good elf
Congrats to CM3!
The Following User Says Thank You to nmc42088 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-12-2012)
Old 01-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 18,959 Times in 3,064 Posts
gabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa envious
Congrats Louann! very well deserved indeed!
Old 04-19-2013, 05:55 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,240 Times in 12,639 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
I thought it would be a good idea to finish December and indeed 2011 with a bang and what better way to do that than announce this month's winner of the Member of the Month award.

This member needs no introduction. She is known and loved by everyone and I'm not exaggerating when I say that she gets voted for every single month. The time has come to put aside things like "crew status" (which is something we will do every December now) and give her her proper place in the history of My Merry Christmas. Ladies and Gentleman, our December Member of the Month and also our inaugural winner of the MMC Founders Award............

Caninemom3

Every month, I send out a brief questionnaire to those in the running for the Member of the Month just to get an idea of what makes that person tick. In this case, I'm going to copy and paste all of Louann's response because she did it so beautifully, I don't want to butcher it!!!

I am from a small town in Northeast Ohio called Massillon. My vocation is to be as kind to everyone as I can and to help as many animals including polar bears as I can. I am married and have five furkids. Three are canines, Wishbone, Clancy and Ivy and the other two are felines, Smokey and Lily. I have one sister who means the world to me. I love music, everything from Mozart to Metallica and in particular, Third Day. I also love reading. There is nothing like a good book. I became a member of My Merry Christmas because I was very sad after Christmas in 2009 and felt if I could find a community whose members shared my interest in Christmas, that perhaps we could help one another not to be sad.

My favorite part of the Christmas Season is the weekend I go to my sister's home and we decorate her tree and go shopping together. We spend the whole day together and then my sister and her husband and I all go to dinner. Then it is back to their house for more decorating and watching Christmas movies with my sister.

There is no other time in the year like Christmas. To me, it is a magical time like no other in the year. If I had to share the most important part of Christmas with someone from another culture who didn't understand, I would tell them about Jesus and how I celebrate the commemoration of his birth. My traditions include the yearly trip to my sisters, watching my very favorite movies like The Polar Express, The Nativity Story, A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim, getting my yearly copy of Christmas Ideals and listening to Nat King Cole sing The Christmas Son as many times as I can.

The best Christmas I can remember was in 1991 when my first husband, David, was alive. It was very cold just before Christmas and there was lots of snow. We happened upon a local Festival of Lights that year and it was so beautiful with all the snow. David always took great care to try and pick just the right wrapping paper as well as the right gifts for me and he wrapped each one himself. That year he outdid himself. I seem to recall something like 20 presents but it was just such a joyous Christmas Season.

My favorite Christmas food is Christmas cookies, especially my sister's cut out cookies !! Once I get started on them I don't want to quit !

I think being considered for Member Of The Month is a very special MMC moment. I do believe in Santa. I have an artifical tree so I can leave it up a really long time because when I take it down it is so sad. My tree topper is a little different. It is neither angel or star but Mary, the mother of God. She wears a lace gown and a lace mantilla and has her head bowed as she holds a candle. Open presents Christmas Eve !

My Christmas dream is to get back to Bronner's Christmas Wonderland someday.

It is so hard to describe what My Merry Christmas means to me. How does one describe what their family means ? I truly think of all who come here as my Christmas family. Because of the encouragement and love and acceptance that I have been shown here I am much more confident than I ever have been. I can be myself here and not be worried about someone saying mean things to me. It just feels like home plus everyone is a Christmas nut just like me !!

Louann - on behalf of everyone on these forums, I'd like to congratulate you on being our December Member of the Month and, most of all, thank you for being YOU. The world is a brighter place having you in it xx

(I also don't know how I'm going to get your MOM badge on top of your name; we're running out of room )

Louann, I miss you girl! You must be so full of joy dancing with the angels and walking the streets of gold with Jesus.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (04-21-2013), ClaireLovesChristmas (04-21-2013), HomemakinGirl (04-19-2013), snowflake22 (04-19-2013), sugar142286 (04-22-2013), trackrebel (04-20-2013)
Old 07-17-2013, 12:26 PM
St. Nicholas
Last Achievements

Stnicholas01 has shown a merry disposition
Congrats Loann.

St. Nicholas