Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,848
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,200)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 04-29-2013, 09:30 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 99,936 Times in 17,425 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Bullypup View Post
Hello friends, greetings from flood ravaged Peoria. It's been quite awhile since I checked in. I sure did miss you wonderful folks. I hope everyone is well and I hope to catch up on some of the happenings.
Good to see you, Bullypup!!

We miss you, too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-29-2013, 09:35 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 12,459 Times in 1,595 Posts
merrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
Hello :] It seems like forever! I hope everyone is doing well! Miss talking to everyone. Have a marvelous Monday!
Hey girl! Been wondering about you! Hope all is well!

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Thanks!
I'm doing better with them, but some are still confusing. They aren't explained very well, and the instructors & friends who have taken the course say they try to trick you.
I can def relate to that. I thought the same thing when I was taking the classes, like they were trick questions. Hopefully w/ the practice test you'll do fabulous Dahling!

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
I had planned on replying to some post on here but looking at the clock I don't have time! Ahhh!

We were swamped yesterday at work! Everyone was out gardening and buying up tons of plants, seeds, fertilizer and more. We also had those coming in to buy up chicks, ducks and geese. We finally got the baby geese in and they are just wayyyyyyyyyyy too adorable! I love the way they get very excited when they see someone and "talk" to you! I end up giving them all hugs!

No matter how busy we get at work it goes very smoothly. We just have the best customers with lots of patience, the best boss, owner and employees. All of us employees stay really happy through it all, cut up with each other and have good conversation with those who come in to shop. I get completely worn out by the end of the day but love working there!

Thanks for everyone's well wishes to my mom. I really admire my mom! She will be 71 in June and seriously has way more energy than I do. I am so jealous!!! She did get out yesterday because she was bouncing off the walls with energy. I keep working very hard to exercise often, ride my bike, do yoga, eat healthy (most of the time) and still don't have the energy she has. I am always complaining I'm tired and she never seems to be tired! As I always say, "When I grow up I want to be just like my mommy"!

Look at the little goslings! They are just so cute. (not taken from work, just a googled image). I will try to take some pictures of our critters next time I am in.

]
My Mama is like that also. Love the quote!

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Good morning!
Good morning Sunshine!

They are adorable!!

Your Mom is in my thoughts & prayers, CAH!!

I will keep you posted about Michael Buble

He was on a morning program the other day, and looked really handsome! Adrian goes, "he's such a stud, so dreamy" hahaha!! Completely making fun of me...but he likes him too, has a lot of his music
ok, what's the news w/ Michael Buble cd? I must've missed it, love him!

Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Good Monday morning, my Christmas friends!

I wasn't on here at all this weekend, and I feel a little out-of-the-know. It was such a busy weekend with Elizabeth's dance recital Saturday night, and working with my son to earn his community service hours for school. The kids got in the pool Sunday afternoon and were having so much fun, I jumped in, too...for about 15 seconds. WOW, that was some cold water!

Nancy had to wear one of those 24 hour heart monitor things (a holter monitor) all day Saturday, and we turned it back in to the hospital yesterday afternoon. They called back as soon as we got home. Something went wrong and it didn't record a thing...LOL. She actually felt fine this weekend, but I'm taking her to see my cardiologist today, just to be sure.

Elizabeth's dance recital was this weekend, and next weekend is her ballet recital. I'm learning more about dance than I ever thought I'd ever know.

I hope y'all have a great day!
I missed this too, Bradmac. Is Nancy ok?

Originally Posted by mgramsey View Post
Good Monday morning everyone.

Our visit to Gardner Webb University for 'junior day' went well. It is a Baptist college and Ethan was impressed they opened the day with prayer and ended the prayer "in Jesus name." I feel better about sending our child and our $ to a University were the name of Christ is honored. The academics are highly rated. They have about 4,100 students so it is relatively small, (although it still seems large to Ethan; we only have 5,000 people in our county).

It was a tough day for me. College is still a year away but this is this start of the process. I kept a lump in my throat most of the day. We still have several other schools to visit.

Have a blessed day everyone.
I will be thinking of y'all & praying. Such important decisions to be made. W/ ur help & guidance I know Ethan will do great things!

Good morning, friends!!

It's a humid & rainy day here, with a High of 72 degrees. Later this week, it'll be getting cold again. Rain & SNOW showers, highs in the upper 30's on Thursday, LOL. Wow!!

My parents are coming back up north to spend a few days with me while Adrian goes on a trip with his dad. I'm looking forward to it!!

Today, I will get back to my review & catch up on laundry.

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!!

Oh, that's great ur rents are coming back to see you. I bet u love having them so close now.
Nothing like family.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is so true! Your brother said it best, they really are cute at that age!

My dad especially! He comes over just about every day to use Wayne's computer while Wayne is at work. We have all those stray kitties that come visit us to get fed. My dad comes over and sees the bowl empty and he will feed them. It's always empty by the time he is over, we feed them in the morning and my dad is over around noon, lunch time! Those cats look for him and when he pulls up they run as fast as they can to my house! It's really cute watching my dad interact with the cats, they meow real loud at him, he pets them, feeds them and gives them water. One day he pulled up in a rental car while his was in the shop and the cats didn't know who it was at first. They ran off then they realized it was him when he got out and ran back up to the house. He has those cats spoiled just as much as we do. We have never asked him to do this, he just has a calling to care for animals. My dad really is cute!
As tough as I always thought my Daddy was growing up, I think the sweetest thing is seeing him be an ole softy now! ur Dad sounds awesome!

Originally Posted by XmasDreams View Post
Good morning my fellows Christmas friends. It appears the babysitter is sick so had to call out of work to take care of the little princess. So three day weekend and lots of playing can't beat that.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
I hope ur little princess enjoys her day w/ Mommy!

Darn! I was hoping to get caught up and reply to some more post but have to run again! Going to plant flower seeds with my granddaughter and work on some puzzles together. Washing laundry, cleaning house, mopping floors, blah blah blah, etc. etc. etc.!

Well, going to crank up the tunes and get with it. It will be a fabulous Monday! Have a great day my friends!!!
I hope u have a great day too CAH!

Originally Posted by brent View Post
Good morning everyone!

Busy day ahead. In fact, busy week! Today, I have a doctor's appointment at lunch. After work, I have to go to the gym and then from there it is straight to a "Learn to Play" clinic, followed by tryouts. I can move around enough to help out at the clinic. As for tryouts, I'm not moving anywhere near how I want to be quite yet, so I will be on the sideline, once again. My fingers are crossed for some good news at the doctor this afternoon.

Overall, it was a busy weekend. Glad I can look forward to a new week and we can all look forward to starting a new month on Wednesday. May has almost arrived! Also, my dad should be driving in from the Sault on Friday, too. I haven't seen him since just before New Years. It will be great to hangout with, once again. Just in time for the NHL playoffs, too!

The forecast is looking great for the week! Highs are to reach the low 20s and lows are not expected to dip below 10s. 70s and 50s. Very nice! Well, I should return to my work. I have a bit of work I need to remove from my desk... especially since it is my last week here!

Have a great Monday, everyone!
Have a blast w/ ur Dad, Brent.

Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Hello everyone. Hope you all had a great weekend! It was a busy one for us, and the busy will continue this week. But, next week slows way down and my countdown to vacation the first week of June officially begins! We're going to Kansas City for a few days, and I can't wait!

Hope you all have a great Monday!
Hey there Ryan, have a wonderful day!
Bradmac (04-29-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (04-29-2013), Christmasstar (04-29-2013), HomemakinGirl (04-29-2013), made582 (04-29-2013), MerryCarey (04-29-2013), mgramsey (04-29-2013), snowflake22 (04-29-2013), sugar142286 (04-29-2013), xmas365 (04-29-2013), xmastidings (04-30-2013)
Old 04-29-2013, 09:55 AM
is waiting for Fall
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,823 Times in 1,097 Posts
MerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to others
Another fine Monday. It's raining, chilly, and both secretaries here (me and my sister) are crabby. Thank goodness for lunchtime delivery! Maybe some carbs and fat will put us in a better frame of mind.

+ subs =
Bradmac (04-29-2013), Christmasstar (04-29-2013), HomemakinGirl (04-29-2013), made582 (04-29-2013), merrymistletoe (04-29-2013), mgramsey (04-29-2013), snowflake22 (04-29-2013), sugar142286 (04-29-2013), xmas365 (04-29-2013), xmastidings (04-30-2013)
Old 04-29-2013, 11:14 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Sheila....Your daddy seems so cute!!! and I love how the kitties ran away from him only to come when they recognized him...so incredibly funny and cute!!!! I would have been rolling on the ground laughing so hard

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (04-29-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (04-29-2013), Christmasstar (04-29-2013), HomemakinGirl (04-29-2013), made582 (04-29-2013), merrymistletoe (04-29-2013), snowflake22 (04-29-2013), sugar142286 (04-29-2013), xmas365 (04-29-2013), xmastidings (04-30-2013)
Old 04-29-2013, 12:09 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 99,936 Times in 17,425 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by merrymistletoe View Post
Hey girl! Been wondering about you! Hope all is well!

I can def relate to that. I thought the same thing when I was taking the classes, like they were trick questions. Hopefully w/ the practice test you'll do fabulous Dahling!

My Mama is like that also. Love the quote!

Good morning Sunshine!

ok, what's the news w/ Michael Buble cd? I must've missed it, love him!

I missed this too, Bradmac. Is Nancy ok?

I will be thinking of y'all & praying. Such important decisions to be made. W/ ur help & guidance I know Ethan will do great things!

As tough as I always thought my Daddy was growing up, I think the sweetest thing is seeing him be an ole softy now! ur Dad sounds awesome!

I hope ur little princess enjoys her day w/ Mommy!

I hope u have a great day too CAH!

Have a blast w/ ur Dad, Brent.

Hey there Ryan, have a wonderful day!
Thanks, merrymistletoe!!

Michael Buble has a new cd out, and I hope to pick it up soon. I'll let you guys know what I think when I do, or if you get it first let me know what you think!! =] =)

XO

Old 04-29-2013, 12:44 PM
North Pole's RN

Last Achievements

Thanked 84,621 Times in 14,713 Posts
sugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good afternoon, everyone! How are you all? All is well here. Hope you're having a great Monday so far or as great as a Monday can be!

What is new with you all? Nothing new here. Just relaxing. DH is at work, so the kids are at daycare/preschool, so I thought I would visit with you all.

Do you all have any plans for tonight? No plans for me - I work tonight. I don't know what we will do for dinner. I just plan on spending time with the kids and DH, until taking a nap.

Well, I am off to read the posts for the day. Enjoy your evening, everyone! Thinking of you all! God Bless and keep smiling!

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
- Burton Hillis
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sugar142286 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (04-29-2013), Christmasstar (04-29-2013), HomemakinGirl (04-29-2013), made582 (04-29-2013), merrymistletoe (04-29-2013), mgramsey (04-30-2013), snowflake22 (04-29-2013), xmas365 (04-29-2013), xmastidings (04-30-2013)
Old 04-29-2013, 12:57 PM
North Pole's RN

Last Achievements

sugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
"Saddle up, saddle up, saddle up..."
They didn't tell them it was my birthday, thank goodness! It is my girlfriend's birthday on the 2nd of May, so trust me, I would have got her too!

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
- Burton Hillis
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sugar142286 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (04-29-2013), HomemakinGirl (04-29-2013), merrymistletoe (04-29-2013), snowflake22 (04-29-2013), xmas365 (04-29-2013), xmastidings (04-30-2013)
Old 04-29-2013, 01:01 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,424 Times in 28,909 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Well I hadn't heard from my friend for almost a week but he showed up today. I have to tell you, when I get done turning his story into a movie, no one is going to believe that this really happened. I mean, you have to be a special kind of stupid to make this many bad decisions in real life. (Too harsh?)

On the positive side though. It means more time filming with Angelina Jolie for me!!!!

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!

Last edited by made582; 04-29-2013 at 08:05 PM.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (04-29-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (04-29-2013), Christmasstar (04-29-2013), HomemakinGirl (04-29-2013), merrymistletoe (04-29-2013), mgramsey (04-30-2013), snowflake22 (04-29-2013), sugar142286 (04-29-2013), xmas365 (04-29-2013), xmastidings (04-30-2013)
Old 04-29-2013, 01:03 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,424 Times in 28,909 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by sugar142286 View Post
They didn't tell them it was my birthday, thank goodness! It is my girlfriend's birthday on the 2nd of May, so trust me, I would have got her too!

Tell them I want my money back then!!!!!!! That video was going to be the highlight of the CIJ party.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (04-29-2013), HomemakinGirl (04-29-2013), merrymistletoe (04-29-2013), snowflake22 (04-29-2013), sugar142286 (04-29-2013), xmas365 (04-29-2013), xmastidings (04-30-2013)
Old 04-29-2013, 01:13 PM
North Pole's RN

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
I took mom to the mall and let her drive around a bit. She did fine so she drove home. Then I took a 3 hour nap. So that's 12 hours of sleep today. I think I could be like Dawg though and go back to bed for another 12. I think all of the sleep wore me out.
Glad to hear things around coming together for her.

- Burton Hillis
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sugar142286 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (04-29-2013), HomemakinGirl (04-29-2013), made582 (04-29-2013), snowflake22 (04-29-2013), xmas365 (04-29-2013), xmastidings (04-30-2013)