Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Movies » Not so famous Cmas movies

Movies From 100+ year old silent films to new releases here we discussed the good, the bad and the ugly of Christmas at the movies.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Gifting Without Charging
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:03 PM
49,607 Views  0 Posts
A Christmas Carol
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:00 PM
188,617 Views  0 Posts
Dear Santa: Getting...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:36 PM
43,542 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Nativity Part III:...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:45 PM
79,038 Views  0 Posts
I Always Felt So Special
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:20 PM
45,381 Views  0 Posts

Old 04-30-2013, 07:30 PM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 69,932 Times in 13,905 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
One we discovered recently (Christmas season 2011) was "It Happened On 5th Avenue" Definitely an enjoyable film.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:29 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

Last Achievements

sdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elfsdkluger is a good elf
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus - starts with Thanksgiving ends Christmas day
Christmas Comes to Willow Creek - the Duke boys in a truck

"In all this world there is nothing so beautiful as a happy child." - Santa Claus, The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdkluger For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (05-02-2013), XmasDreams (05-02-2013)
Old 04-30-2013, 09:24 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by JayIsh View Post
One of my favorites, probably in the top three, is one called "the Gathering" with Ed Asner and Maureen Stapleton. Really well done, well acted made for TV movie about an executive who finds he's not well and his time is limited and he must round up his children from far and wide for one last Christmas while not telling them of his diagnosis. Powerful performances and story. One I watch once a year!
Didn't they do a sequel to this as well?
Old 05-02-2013, 01:58 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,161 Times in 408 Posts
DoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I really liked the last few Hallmark movies, "The Christmas Choir" and "The Christmas Card"
drkmater (09-04-2013), snowflake22 (05-02-2013), XmasDreams (05-02-2013)
Old 05-02-2013, 05:07 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 15,980 Times in 3,674 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I wish I could see all those made for TV movies over here, too...

The Christmas Secret (The Flight of the Reindeer) with Richard Thomas...not really a deep movie...but I loved every second of it

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
drkmater (09-04-2013), snowflake22 (05-02-2013), XmasDreams (05-02-2013)
Old 05-02-2013, 05:51 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,621 Times in 339 Posts
'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe'Tis the season would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by gabulldawg View Post
Black Christmas-sure it's a horror flick but it does not have gore,it just has suspense and beautiful Christmas scenery in it.. It was filmed in Canada at Christmas time 1974 so the snow is real!!!
I'll go along with this. A very overlooked movie in general. Also does gremlins count? I know its a pretty famous movie but is it classed as a Christmas movie?
Old 05-02-2013, 07:17 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,239 Times in 5,586 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
I wish I could see all those made for TV movies over here, too...

The Christmas Secret (The Flight of the Reindeer) with Richard Thomas...not really a deep movie...but I loved every second of it
I saw that one last season and enjoyed it. Neat concept: a scientist who could prove that reindeer could fly.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (05-02-2013), trackrebel (05-02-2013), XmasDreams (05-02-2013)
Old 05-02-2013, 08:01 AM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by 'Tis the season View Post
I'll go along with this. A very overlooked movie in general. Also does gremlins count? I know its a pretty famous movie but is it classed as a Christmas movie?
Maybe according to Jeff but not me.

But that doesn't matter. Do you think its a Christmas movie?

That's all that matters. A Christmas movie is what you watch at Christmas.

I have a friend that watches Godzilla movies on thanksgiving. Is Godzilla a Thanksgiving movie? Not to me, but it is for him. That's what matters. What makes you happy on the holidays.
'Tis the season (05-06-2013), Festive Spirit (05-04-2013), snowflake22 (05-02-2013), XmasDreams (05-02-2013)
Old 05-02-2013, 08:21 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,606 Times in 1,282 Posts
XmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companion
Two movies that always stick out on my mind as overlooked Christmas movies.

1st: It came Upon a midnight clear it was a made for TV movie 84 with great actor Mickey Rooney ....
Plot

The film centers on Mike Halligan, a retired cop, who suffers a fatal heart attack while putting up Christmas lights days before Christmas. While in heaven he makes a deal to return to life for a few days in order to fulfill a promise to take his grandson to New York City for the holidays.

2nd: The year before on ABC was another great movie this one based on a wonderful book.

The Best Christmas Pageant Ever (titled "The Worst Kids in the World" in Australia, New Zealand and the UK) is a book written by Barbara Robinson in 1971. It tells the story of Imogene, Claude, Ralph, Leroy, Ollie, and Gladys, six delinquent children surnamed Herdman. They go to church for the first time after being told that the church offers snacks. Despite protests from other church members, they are given roles in the Sunday school's Christmas play, in which they tell the Christmas story in a nonconventional fashion. [1] Robinson first published the story in McCall's magazine before it was adapted into a book, which sold over 800,000 copies.[1]
Plays and Television

The book was adapted by Robinson into a play which was first performed on November 26, 1982 by the Seattle Children's Theatre.[2] The book was next adapted into a television movie on ABC in 1983, starring Loretta Swit. Robinson also wrote this adaptation's teleplay.[1]
The Herdmans were featured in two sequels, The Best Halloween Ever! and The Best School Year Ever.
snowflake22 (05-02-2013)
Old 05-02-2013, 09:25 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,916 Times in 13,802 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
"Secret Santa", a made for TV movie w/ Jennie Garth & Steven Eckholdt.
Really endearing!! 🎄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk