Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,440
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
“There Was a Boy Who...
By MerryCarey
10-26-2011 11:22 AM
54,235 Views  0 Posts
My Santa Claus
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:41 PM
52,175 Views  0 Posts
A Babe at Christmas
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:25 PM
Last post by ilovesilentnight
10-28-2011 04:28 PM
46,182 Views  1 Posts
Bells The Legends of Nature at...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:54 PM
80,831 Views  0 Posts
The Story of Stan...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:32 PM
55,655 Views  0 Posts

Old 05-09-2013, 08:43 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,341 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Not yet, Festive Spirit. Thanks for asking. I am going to try contacting Knights of Columbus to see if someone out there can make recommendations to him. You should really see my face, LOL! It is just so weird!

Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post

Thank you seawaters He actually had a restful night last night and slept through. How is your son doing? Has he found anywhere to move in to yet? How are you feeling today, hope the swelling has calmed down.

...Stay positive and have faith......xxx
Old 05-09-2013, 08:47 AM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
The past three days, it was gray and dull here; but I LOVE that kind of weather--sleeping weather or relaxing and reading weather, I call it. It is a little chilly right now, but it is supposed to get up into the high 80s later on. Yes, do take it easy. I hate summer colds; something's just not right about that, LOL! We leave on Tuesday for Disneyland, so I am taking care of myself for sure!

Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
Morning! Hope you all had a good night. Still grey and dull here, I think it is meant to rain later. I've got a cold so I'm allowing myself an easy day today Can't believe it's almost the weekend! Hope you all have a good day. See you later! xxx
Old 05-09-2013, 08:49 AM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Thanked 40,704 Times in 6,374 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
After work yesterday, I went to do some work on my part-time business and I got something in my eye. I don't know what it was, but my eye turned red and hurt like the devil. The same eye I hurt a couple weeks ago. I gotta start wearing goggles or something.
Hope your eye feels better!

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
You all rock! Thanks for all the kind words again! Thank you Made for updating everyone on my mom's surgery!

My mom was so nervous and she cried as they wheeled her off to surgery then I started to cry! (Not in front of her). Just glad that all went better than anticipated and I was so dang exhausted last night, you know, one of those "been stressed for days, everything worked out well then collapse exhaustion"! I slept like a rock.
Sending prayers for a speedy recovery for your mom!

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Still praying for your dad.
Thank you!!

Originally Posted by ballcoach View Post
Today, I'm off on a road trip. Baseball and softball team play in the state tourney, so I'm heading that way to show a little support. Gonna be a late night, but it'll be ok.
Have a safe trip ballcoach!

Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
Good morning everyone! I was up and about myself this morning at 4:50am to head off to another fun day at the office. I had one of those nights last night where sleeping was apparently not on my brains to do list; lol...

So, I believe it's time now for another cup of coffee; looks like it's going to be alot of that consumed day in order to function....
Hope you have a good day xmastidings!
Old 05-09-2013, 08:49 AM

Last Achievements

Yippidy-do-dah!

Originally Posted by Crown 84 View Post
... we find ourselves under a week away from the half-way Milestone to the Christmas Season.
(And the lights are shining again!)

Pretty soon, it will be time to decorate for our favorite season again!
Old 05-09-2013, 08:50 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,291 Times in 5,594 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
You all rock! Thanks for all the kind words again! Thank you Made for updating everyone on my mom's surgery!

While in the waiting room a Southern Living Christmas magazine was sitting there. That was a nice surprise. Also I ran into a friend in the waiting room that I have not seen in over 20 years! She was waiting on a friend who was having surgery and it sure helped pass the time away quickly catching up on so much!
Thanks for the update ... such a relief to hear that everything went well and you were able to get a good sleep.

As for the Christmas magazine and the unexpected friend---I begin to feel that Someone Up There looks out for us MMC people and was helping you to get through your difficult day. I know when something unexpectedly Christmassy pops up in my path, I think of all of you.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (05-09-2013), Christmasstar (05-09-2013), HomemakinGirl (05-09-2013), made582 (05-09-2013), Seawaters (05-09-2013), snowflake22 (05-09-2013), xmas365 (05-09-2013)
Old 05-09-2013, 08:52 AM

Last Achievements

I had one of those nights, too, XmasTidings! We must be twins, LOL! But I have too much to do and won't get a nap until lots later! I am lucky, though, since I don't have to go in to school any more. I am already on my fourth cuppa!

Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
Good morning everyone! I was up and about myself this morning at 4:50am to head off to another fun day at the office. I had one of those nights last night where sleeping was apparently not on my brains to do list; lol...

So, I believe it's time now for another cup of coffee; looks like it's going to be alot of that consumed day in order to function....

Old 05-09-2013, 08:54 AM

Last Achievements

The same to you, HMG.

Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
Snowflake, we have the same exact forecast here on Long Island today.

I just walked the dogs, straightened up the house and started laundry. Typical day. Not too much planned, I just need to take a ride to CVS for a few things and go visit my father.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day
Old 05-09-2013, 08:55 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,291 Times in 5,594 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
We leave on Tuesday for Disneyland, so I am taking care of myself for sure!
Disneyland! Post pictures, please!

For some reason, Disney has been hovering around my life lately. First Trackrebel mentioned "The Aristocats," and then I discovered some of the Disney soundtracks of my youth are available digitally, and I found an LP on Amazon from my kidhood that I should've hung onto in the first place. I saw a Mickey Mouse planter peeking at me from someone's flower bed on my morning commute yesterday. And now you're going to Disneyland! Something's in the air.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (05-09-2013), HomemakinGirl (05-09-2013), Seawaters (05-09-2013), snowflake22 (05-09-2013), whitney37354 (05-13-2013), xmas365 (05-09-2013), xmastidings (05-09-2013)
Old 05-09-2013, 08:56 AM

Last Achievements

Having good role models is so important. I hope your church is able to fill that position soon.

Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Good Thursday morning, my Christmas friends!

After work yesterday, I went to do some work on my part-time business and I got something in my eye. I don't know what it was, but my eye turned red and hurt like the devil. The same eye I hurt a couple weeks ago. I gotta start wearing goggles or something.

I took the kids for their Wednesday evening teen meeting at church, and the youth leader that has energized all these kids announce that he has to move back home to KY. They're all heartbroken, and I'm disappointed. He had really gotten the kids revved up for church functions again. Hopefully, we can get another youth leader like him.

I hope y'all have a great day!
Old 05-09-2013, 09:00 AM

Last Achievements

Now don't forget to take care of yourself, too. That way, you will be able to take care of your mom (LOL, like she will let you), take care of all the babies, and keep up your strength. Is your mom in a lot of pain? Did they put a cast on her foot? Give her our get-well wishes!

My mom was so nervous and she cried as they wheeled her off to surgery then I started to cry! (Not in front of her). Just glad that all went better than anticipated and I was so dang exhausted last night, you know, one of those "been stressed for days, everything worked out well then collapse exhaustion"! I slept like a rock.

While in the waiting room a Southern Living Christmas magazine was sitting there. That was a nice surprise. Also I ran into a friend in the waiting room that I have not seen in over 20 years! She was waiting on a friend who was having surgery and it sure helped pass the time away quickly catching up on so much!

I actually came on here last night from my cell phone but it was the first time I visited the site from a smart phone and just having a little trouble navigating the site. I will figure it out, just didn't have time due to being busy at the hospital last night so I just email Made to pass word along.

I scanned through all the post quickly because I got to go take care of my parent's cats, give one of them medication and get to the hospital.

Thanks to everyone here for good thoughts and prayers!