Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,839
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 05-22-2013, 08:24 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 74,692 Times in 14,905 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good morning,

Got woken up this morning by some rumbles of thunder, the boys are dropped off at school and preschool and I am just relaxing on MMC, and watching...wait for it..."The Night They Saved Christmas," which I saved on my DVR. I am the only one in the house who likes this movie. My wife cannot stand Jaclyn Smith, I don't know what she did to her. I think she looked quite attractive back then. Work will be beckoning soon enough.

ttyl
Old 05-22-2013, 08:28 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 99,561 Times in 17,348 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Good Morning MMC!!!!!!! It's going to be a warm day here but not as bad as the last couple of days. It looks like we will top out around 75. Then tomorrow we are back down into the 60's!!!!! I'm going to play mechanic today and do some work on mom's car. I let her take my truck to work so tomorrow I'll probably have to put brakes on it. I often wonder how she doesn't give her self whiplash with the way she slams on her brakes at the very last second. I also need to scrub the bathroom but I really don't want to. Maybe I'll put it off to tomorrow when it's even cooler. I hope everyone is having a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!

Snowflake- There are 2 muffins sitting here with your name on them!!! You better hurry though, I don't know how much longer my will power will last!!!
That's very sweet of you to help your Mom like that, I'm sure she really appreciates all you do!!

I'm on my way!! Lock those muffins up, like you do your credit cards, lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2013, 08:30 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
Good morning,

Got woken up this morning by some rumbles of thunder, the boys are dropped off at school and preschool and I am just relaxing on MMC, and watching...wait for it..."The Night They Saved Christmas," which I saved on my DVR. I am the only one in the house who likes this movie. My wife cannot stand Jaclyn Smith, I don't know what she did to her. I think she looked quite attractive back then. Work will be beckoning soon enough.

ttyl
Say it isn't so!! I love Jacklyn!!

She is a beautiful woman, and I love that movie. It isn't for everyone, though.

Enjoy your down time!

Old 05-22-2013, 08:50 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Hi everyone.....sitting at home with Kandice.....watching our first Christmas movie of the year.....and as pretty much every year.....it is "The Santa Clause".....it was about time for a Christmas movie

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (05-22-2013), Christmasstar (05-22-2013), HomemakinGirl (05-22-2013), made582 (05-22-2013), Meceka (05-22-2013), snowflake22 (05-22-2013), xmas365 (05-22-2013)
Old 05-22-2013, 08:51 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
what or where is the Pines....that everyone always keeps talking about.....Ive been here since 2008, but never really got that one

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (05-22-2013), Christmasstar (05-22-2013), HomemakinGirl (05-22-2013), made582 (05-22-2013), Ryan (05-22-2013), Seawaters (05-22-2013), snowflake22 (05-22-2013), xmas365 (05-22-2013)
Old 05-22-2013, 08:55 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,619 Times in 12,678 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
This sounds like a perfect way to spend the day, Festive Spirit. I am sitting here with a hot cup of coffee. It is chilly here in northern California, believe it or not. It is even supposed to be coolish all this week, and I even have on my sweatshirt jacket right now! I have some great news: The California-Hawaii Elks raised OVER $3,000,000 (yes, three million dollars) for our "Purple Pig," which is our charity fund for crippled children. We use that money to help families who have kids with physical needs (we help a LOT of kids with cerebral palsy). These are families who would not otherwise get help. For example, Lily, my granddaughter would not qualify even though I am an Elk. She receives services through SSI because her case is one in which she will have to have aid throughout her whole life. She has "insurance" through SSI. The kids we help are those who don't quite qualify for a lot of SSI, but who find it difficult to meet the medical needs because of the high cost of insurance and therapy. We, as Elks, provide FREE vision and hearing screening, physical therapy (which is world-renowned in the area of cerebral palsy, especially). I am so proud to be a part of this worthwhile project. I was chosen to be the chairman of our district again this year, so I am going to be busy coming up with ideas for the Elks Lodges to try for fundraising dinners, auctions, and raffles. If you have any ideas, please let me know. Also, if you know of any kids in California-Hawaii who might benefit, let me know. The other states have their own children's projects, so if you know of a child in need, I will try to find out info for you. Also, we give away scholarships like you wouldn't believe. I think the Elks are either number 2, number 3 or number 4 in the amount of scholarships given out. Number 1 is the US Government. Bill Gates is right up there. He might have passed us up, but we were Number 2 for a LONG time. If you know of a child whose parent or grandparent is an Elk, he or she automatically qualifies for $1,000 as long as an application is filled out and sent in. To get the other Elks scholarships, the student does NOT have to have parents or grandparents who are Elks. Every state has a scholarship program. The US finalists receive $40,000 a YEAR for four years!!! Kids will say, "But I could never win." Well, he or she is right--you will never win if you don't apply!!! It does not cost anything to apply! So, if you know of any senior who lives in the US, let me know and I can hook you up with a state Elk association for a scholarship application. When a kid applies, he or she can get a local scholarship, then they can go on to district and get another scholarship, then on to state, then on to national. The opportunities are endless!!! Okay, I am off my soapbox for now!

Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
Good Morning and Happy Pines Day! I 've not been to the Pines yet so perhaps I'll pop on by today. Keep an eye out for me!

First of all , I have been thinking of all of you experiencing severe weather. Stay safe you guys.

It is still grey , damp and dull here but compared to what some of you are experiencing, I am not complaining!

Baby Isaac and I are going to try and tidy up the garden today.....which usually means I've got a toddler covered in leaves and dirt by the end of it LOL.

Ok , well have a good day everyone !!!!
xxxxxx
Sam
Bradmac (05-22-2013), Christmasstar (05-22-2013), HomemakinGirl (05-22-2013), made582 (05-22-2013), Meceka (05-22-2013), MerryCarey (05-22-2013), Ryan (05-22-2013), snowflake22 (05-22-2013), whitney37354 (05-23-2013), xmas365 (05-22-2013)
Old 05-22-2013, 08:56 AM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
So far it is great, 'Tis the Season! How is yours?

Originally Posted by 'Tis the season View Post
Hi all. Hope your having a good hump of the week.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:00 AM

Last Achievements

I hear ya on this, Star. I raised four by myself, too. My kids could not afford their school pictures, their class ring, or prom clothes. They missed out on a lot, but I made sacrifices where I needed to. The memories are the best!

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
I always loved doing stuff with my kids, yes it never looked perfect, the rows were crooked, flowers trampled but it was always the most beautiful garden I ever saw!

My kids were raised by just me and my daughter made me cry the other day when she said "mom, we had so much fun growing up!" This from a kid who never got new clothes or a chance to take those ballet lessons she wanted, who often only had biscuits and jam to eat.

So keep doing those little things with your kids, that is what they will remember when they grow up.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:01 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
They have a room full of nutcrackers at Yankee Candle, all sizes, 6 feet tall, 8 inches tall and everything in between. He LOVES that room, I can't wait to go back there again.
I bet that's a pretty neat room!!

Old 05-22-2013, 09:01 AM

Last Achievements

I go in for infusions every once in a while. I sure feel better afterwards!

Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
Thank your Snowflake. I was also anemic when I was younger, maybe thats all it is.