Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > MMC Home for the Holidays > Christmas Home > My Merry Christmas HQ » Coming Soon! A little podcast preview...

My Merry Christmas HQ What's new and happening on MMC.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,438
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Gift 2 The History of Christmas...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 02:54 PM
78,331 Views  0 Posts
"Cousin Jane's Mistake"......
By MerryCarey
05-14-2012 12:01 PM
44,366 Views  0 Posts
What makes reindeer fly?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:48 PM
47,671 Views  0 Posts
Candygold Affordable Homemade...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:33 PM
51,501 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Defined
By MMC Editor
05-01-2002 10:19 PM
Last post by JeanetteDi
09-20-2011 08:20 AM
59,126 Views  1 Posts

Old 05-20-2013, 12:57 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,890 Times in 2,408 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
No, it won't be a problem with how we're presently doing things.

That being said, don't quote me, but we're working on podcast-like videos (they will be much shorter) and we hope to make their debut some time this year. We have scripts done for eight and we have produced one. But I don't like the quality and we're going back to work on the format. I'd rather do it right the first time. More on this to come. Keep the ideas coming, this is good.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
'Tis the season (05-21-2013), Bradmac (05-20-2013), trackrebel (05-20-2013), Yuletide Junkie (05-22-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 03:19 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

redkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elf
Given that so many of us trim our trees and homes with the class of decorations I like to call "mass-produced collectibles", I'd like to hear something about things like Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments (celebrating their 40th year this year), Department 56 villages, Fontanini, Radko, etc. I don't know what there is to say about them, but it's interesting to see the change in decorations over the last half of the 20th century.

Could also have a segment where RJD talks about some of the Christmas specials and marathons he records annually.

Since we did one with our kids last year, maybe it would be fun to do a segment where you discuss the elf on the shelf tradition and members could discuss some of the creative ways the elf has revealed him or herself.

I can't remember if you've done something like it, but what about a piece talking about Christmas as a backdrop for something darker such as action movies like Die Hard or even Christmas horror movies like Silent Night, Deadly Night.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redkaga For This Useful Post:
'Tis the season (05-21-2013), RachRon (05-21-2013), RadioJonD (05-21-2013), Yuletide Junkie (05-22-2013)
Old 05-23-2013, 03:26 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,161 Times in 408 Posts
DoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Love the idea of Keepsakes and especially Dept. 56 history.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:50 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,611 Times in 1,284 Posts
XmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companion
Another Idea, which might be an impossible task. Made should work his magic and see if he could get an interview with Valarie or any other CIJ host ot guest host.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:05 AM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,908 Times in 1,066 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
Cant wait to hear it! They are always a treat!
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!