Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,027
Top Poster: xmas365 (167,029)
Welcome to our newest member, sonicboomboy

Old 05-24-2013, 08:12 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 21,616 Times in 2,999 Posts
Ryan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
That is a great idea! Our weekend---traditionally the first summer of the weekend, with picnics and grilling outdoors---is supposed to be cold, gray, and wet. An INDOOR picnic would be just the thing---broiled hot dogs, baked beans, potato chips, with ice cream for dessert. And movies, of course!
That sounds great! What time do you want us all over?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (05-24-2013), HomemakinGirl (05-24-2013), made582 (05-24-2013), MerryCarey (05-24-2013), Seawaters (05-24-2013), snowflake22 (05-24-2013), xmas365 (05-24-2013)

Old 05-24-2013, 08:25 AM
Official button pusher!

Last Achievements

Thanked 6,010 Times in 1,082 Posts
Undrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the treeUndrtakr you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
When do you think you will get to start your deck? Make sure you take pictures of the progress, and before and after ones, too!
We are not sure about when. We want it to be soon but you know how things go! haha!
Thank you, Louann. We will never forget you!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Undrtakr For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (05-24-2013), Festive Spirit (05-25-2013), HomemakinGirl (05-24-2013), made582 (05-24-2013), Seawaters (05-24-2013), snowflake22 (05-24-2013), xmas365 (05-24-2013)
Old 05-24-2013, 08:33 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,625 Times in 12,682 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
You are so right about time flying when you are not at work! It really happens when you retire, LOL! Why is it that we have to use our free time that is supposed to be for relaxing and having a vacation for catching up on other work? What a cycle!

Originally Posted by ClaireLovesChristmas View Post
Morning all!! Hope this finds you all well! Had the week off work to catch up on some jobs around the house! cant believe its friday already! why does it fly by when your not at work ha!!

Have a great day!!xx
Old 05-24-2013, 08:44 AM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
The ceremony was very special. The boys were excited and so were the parents. I was mistaken about dinner afterwards, but they did have excellent refreshments. One was a puff pastry with a filling of nutella, chocolate chips, and mini marshmallows. It was then drizzled with nutella and chocolate melted together. One of the yummiest desserts ever!

Your plans sound like a nice way to spend the summer. During times like these, I really miss having my kids little. They sure make summer fun, so I am sure you will enjoy your summer so much. I bet they will have you laughing every single day. I hope you and others who have kids or grandkids, or furbabies (CAH, hint, hint; Snowflake and Harlowe, HMG [kids and furbabies], Meceka and Palmer and Mouse, and Made and his neighbor and friend, Brad and his family and car, Coach and Wifey and Baby Coach, [who else?]) will share your summer with those of us who are empty-nesters. I smile every day reading about what is happening with you. It helps keep me young, LOL.

Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
Thank you SW. I appreciate your kind words. Such sadness for this poor man and his friends and family. All soldiers have been warned not to wear there uniforms in public. So far there has been a couple related incidents across the country - ''revenge'' attacks by activists. We just hope and pray that this doesn't escalate into something more.

How lovely, How did it go?

They return to school after the two week break and then break up for summer end of July for 6 weeks. We would like to do some day trips and perhaps a mini break somewhere. Other than that I am going to come up with some activities to do at home and there is a nice park nearby. I also want the kids to learn to swim this summer. Jacob is 5 and a little reluctant. Isaac is 1 so fingers crossed they enjoy it.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:49 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,481 Times in 4,678 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
TGIF!

Good Friday morning, my Christmas friends!

We had some fresh corn-on-the-cob last night, and it's still on my mind. Mmm, mmm! I don't like hot weather, but I sure do love fresh vegetables.

I hope we have an un-eventful Memorial Day weekend. I plan to clean the pool, cut the grass, work on the Camaro...and maybe get 18 holes in! We'll see. Of course, I have to go see Star Trek again!

I hope y'all have a great day!
Christmasstar (05-24-2013), Festive Spirit (05-25-2013), HomemakinGirl (05-24-2013), made582 (05-24-2013), MsChristmas (05-24-2013), Seawaters (05-24-2013), snowflake22 (05-24-2013), xmas365 (05-24-2013)
Old 05-24-2013, 08:51 AM

Last Achievements

Your movie night and indoor picnic sound like fun. My sister used to put up "tents" made from blankets draped over chairs and would fix hotdogs and all the fixings for the kids to "camp out" when they were too young to go out by themselves. So fun!

I was thinking of putting together some scrapbooking projects into specific containers so I can just pick one up and work on it when I have time. By having it ready to go, I can work, put it back in its container and store it until I can work again. I will need to do it that way while we have the house torn apart for remodeling. I am going to put together some crocheting projects, too. Merry Carey, do you have your special Christmas afghan ready to start?

Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
Good morning! Happy three day weekend to almost everyone! Thank you for all the kind thoughts and prayers, you are all are truly a special bunch.

It is freezing out, very windy and nowhere near summer temperatures. Ahhh well what can you do. I saw the Christmas episode of Mindy Project last night, made me feel chistmassy. I have started thinking about Christmas gifts. The summer sales are starting here and I'm thinking it would be good to stock up on a few bargains.

We are kicking off the weekend with movie night and indoor picnic. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend xxx
Old 05-24-2013, 08:54 AM

Last Achievements

The gas thing is a big deal with me for some reason!

Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
Seawaters that is so funny! We divide the chores up pretty much the same way. I do more cleaning the he does, but he helps me out. And my husband always puts the gas in my car! I have only done it a couple of times too.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:56 AM

Last Achievements

Right you are, Meceka. Ryan made a great choice!

Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
One of my all-time favorites - it is a great movie!
Old 05-24-2013, 08:57 AM

Last Achievements

Oh, yeah, add HMG's ducks to the summer reports, LOL!

Hi Sam! I am doing well. My father is too! He just had a follow up appointment with his doctor and he is very pleased with his progress. Thank you so much for asking.
The ducks are in my pool right now. I'm kind of getting nervous, they are spending a little too much time back there. I don't want to have to worry about them when I let my dogs out in the backyard. Although, the ducks are probably bigger than the dogs, lol.
I hope you and your family are well. Have fun at your indoor picnic and movie night. Hope you have a wonderful weekend
Old 05-24-2013, 08:59 AM

Last Achievements

Surprisingly, our temps are supposed to be in the high 60s! Weird weather everywhere!

Hello everyone!
It is going to be cloudy with rain showers today and a high of 65 degrees. More rain expected for tomorrow with temps only in the 50's. I can't remember the last time it was this cool for Memorial Day weekend.
Typical day here, errands and chores. I have to work on a menu plan for next week and go to the butcher. I am hoping we will be able to plan a barbeque at least one day this weekend. The weather doesn't look good. We'll see what happens.
I hope everyone has a great day!!!