Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » What lengths do you go to......??

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,088
Threads: 53,926
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,660)
Welcome to our newest member, MGunderso

Old 11-15-2007, 05:40 AM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,483 Times in 1,761 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
What lengths do you go to......??

To keep Santa alive and well with your children?? I love Jeff's story as to what he and his family do (the faxes and the map on the wall and things) Annette with her magic reindeer food etc.

What do you do to go the extra mile??

One year we were staying with my mum for Christmas - I think my son must've been about 4 or 5. I waited until everyone was asleep, including my mother. I went downstairs and found the biggest pair of boots I could lay my hands on. I then went to the fireplace (the fire had been out for a while so it was safe) and placed the boots in the soot and then "walked" them from the fireplace to the tree (I made sure I used the old fireplace rug!) I strewed (is that a word?!) a few leaves and twigs around and put a torn patch of red material on the edge of the fireplace (where Santa had caught his pants)

It was completely worth the horrified look on my mother's face to see the wonder on my son's!!!!!! Even at 16, he still remembers that Christmas

Last edited by Maureen; 11-15-2007 at 07:17 AM.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:46 AM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,483 Times in 1,761 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
Just giving this a nudge!
Old 11-15-2007, 07:51 AM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,113 Times in 546 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
I really love it when children still believe.. they grow up so darn fast... mine right now are almost 15, 11, 8 and 4 yrs. So the two younger ones of course still have the magic.. when my two older ones were young, we were staying at my inlaws and after they went to bed, my mother inlaw and I went outside their bedroom window and rang some sleigh bells and then pushed an animated Santa button that said HO HO HO! They really believed that he had arrived....
I need to come up with something special again for the two younger ones this year

Great story Maureen!

♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 11-15-2007, 07:51 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,955 Times in 2,431 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
I think this is a good question for SC.

I usually do two or three radio station interviews a year "defending Santa". I can't believe how many anti-Santa folks there are out there simply because they don't know who he really is.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:38 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,157 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
I like what you did Jana I might try that with my daughter this year.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:41 AM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,113 Times in 546 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
Let me know what she thinks Kelly Ann

♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 11-15-2007, 10:49 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,157 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
will do!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 12:29 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
How fun!!
Old 11-15-2007, 01:28 PM
Christmasologist

kidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elf
I had a friend call the house and pretend to be Santa. We have also made footprints in the house and left a letter from santa to my daughter.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:48 AM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

Amanda Elf has shown a merry dispositionAmanda Elf has shown a merry disposition
The kids get letters from Santa, we used to do it thru the post office but they were all the same, so now I do it for them. It's more personal and they love them. I believe I did 7 last year!
I've never thought of the dirty boots...we don't have a fire place but the tree is right next door to the livingroom door, too bad the snow would melt...maybe I'll use the patch of red material caught in the door.
We do the reindeer food, the cookies (they get a thank you note from Santa then too), thier elves leave them an ornament about a week before Christmas with a note, and then leave them new Christmas pj's on their bed on Christmas eve while we are out, we've never done the phone call or fax but that's an idea I could do too...