Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,225
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,420)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 07-01-2013, 08:19 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 21,810 Times in 3,033 Posts
Ryan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post

- Canadians consume more macaroni and cheese than any other nation on earth.

- The Canadian motto, A Mari Usque ad Mare, means "From sea to sea."

- Canada did not have a national flag until February 15, 1965, when its maple leaf flag was adopted by its parliament.

- The average life expectancy at birth for a Canadian is 81.16 years, the eighth highest in the world.

- Between 1984 and 2008, it was illegal to sell pop in cans in PEI. All carbonated drinks had to be purchased in refillable glass bottles.

- The 1964 animated TV movie “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” was filmed in Japan, but the entire soundtrack was recorded in a studio in Toronto, Ontario and most of the cast were Canadian. The people who voiced Rudolph and Hermey are neighbours in an Ontario retirement community.

- Our Parliament Has a Sanctuary for Stray Cats... a colony of strays have lived just behind the Parliament buildings since the 70’s and are cared for by volunteers.

- Canada is the world's largest exporter of mustard seed, 80% is grown in brilliant yellow fields in Saskatchewan.

- Canada's Royal Mint has produced coins for more than 60 other countries.
Thanks for the facts...pretty cool! I hope you have a happy Canada Day! Enjoy the celebrations!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-01-2013), HomemakinGirl (07-01-2013), made582 (07-01-2013), Seawaters (07-01-2013), snowflake22 (07-01-2013), xmas365 (07-01-2013)

Old 07-01-2013, 08:19 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,877 Times in 4,736 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Boy, the temperatures look downright vicious in AZ and southern CA. Stay cool, Seawaters! Just think cold thoughts!
Old 07-01-2013, 08:25 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 29,877 Times in 4,736 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good Monday morning, my Christmas friends!

Prayers going out to Ryan. I'm so sorry for your loss, my friend.

And healing prayer requests for Merry's Mr. I hope all goes well for you both.

Jacob finally came home from the Christian retreat, and is very, very intense about his convictions now. He got out of the car and hugged his mama and hugged me...in public...for longer than 1 second! It's all he's talked about since he got home. Bless his heart.

Our family vacation keeps getting pushed out for other things. Now we can't go when we planned because Elizabeth has auditions for the Nutcracker. Last year, she missed the audition and went to late auditions and only got a small part. She wants a larger role this year, but has to be here that week to get it. I doesn't look like vacation is in the cards for us this year. Oh well.

I hope y'all have a great day!
Old 07-01-2013, 08:30 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Ryan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Hello all.

MerryCarey-what's the latest word on Mr.? Praying for you guys!

Well, I have to throw something out there...

My grandma's husband is in the hospital recovering from a surgery related to prostate cancer. My great-grandma went into the hospital last week. My cousin had her twins four months prematurely, and yesterday we lost one of my other cousins. So, my grandma has her husband, her mother, her great-grandbabies in the hospital, and lost a grandson yesterday. Prayers for grandma would be appreciated! She's an amazing woman and I have a tremendous amount of respect for her and love her dearly. It breaks my heart all that has gone on, and breaks my heart to see her with so much on her. She's strong and is surrounded by family, and she's one tough woman!

I'll move on but just had to give a shout-out to grandma because she's my hero!

Well, in spite of everything, I am excited about July 4th! We bought things for our annual cook-out over the weekend...and I can't wait to make some boneless beef ribs, brats, hot links, and some other stuff. Our neighbors come over, and we can see a great fireworks show from the front lawn. Moore is continueing on with the celebration and I think it's awesome for the community since this has been such a hard summer with the torandoes. Moore needs some fun and by golly we're going to have it Thursday come hades or high water!

Alright, sorry to rant. Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (07-01-2013), Christmasstar (07-01-2013), Festive Spirit (07-01-2013), HomemakinGirl (07-01-2013), made582 (07-01-2013), Seawaters (07-01-2013), snowflake22 (07-01-2013), whitney37354 (07-01-2013), xmas365 (07-01-2013)
Old 07-01-2013, 08:34 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,066 Times in 13,425 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Good Monday morning, my Christmas friends!

Jacob finally came home from the Christian retreat, and is very, very intense about his convictions now. He got out of the car and hugged his mama and hugged me...in public...for longer than 1 second! It's all he's talked about since he got home. Bless his heart.

Our family vacation keeps getting pushed out for other things. Now we can't go when we planned because Elizabeth has auditions for the Nutcracker. Last year, she missed the audition and went to late auditions and only got a small part. She wants a larger role this year, but has to be here that week to get it. I doesn't look like vacation is in the cards for us this year. Oh well.

I hope y'all have a great day!
see, miracles do still happen!
I hope Elizabeth gets the role she wants this year!
LittleCS is auditioning for a role in the play "How to Succeed in Business without really trying" being put on by the community players.
Some things are just more important than vacations.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:40 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post

Thank you for the prayers.

Awesome about your son! As a parent, I bet there's nothing better! Have a good day!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (07-01-2013), Christmasstar (07-01-2013), HomemakinGirl (07-01-2013), made582 (07-01-2013), Seawaters (07-01-2013), snowflake22 (07-01-2013), xmas365 (07-01-2013)
Old 07-01-2013, 09:03 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,638 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Glad to here your eldest is feeling better!!!! 4 more weeks unitl summer break? My niece's will be going back from their's then.
that's right ,here in England the kids only get 6weeks starting at the end of July.

Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
I almost spit my coffee out this morning when I looked up and saw this. I didn't know if his head was going to be stuck or not. Don't worry, it wasn't, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So cute HMG ! Gorgeous cat! we had a similar situation recently except it involved a child gate , my 19month year toddler and a chubby leg.......

Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Hello all.

MerryCarey-what's the latest word on Mr.? Praying for you guys!

Well, I have to throw something out there...

My grandma's husband is in the hospital recovering from a surgery related to prostate cancer. My great-grandma went into the hospital last week. My cousin had her twins four months prematurely, and yesterday we lost one of my other cousins. So, my grandma has her husband, her mother, her great-grandbabies in the hospital, and lost a grandson yesterday. Prayers for grandma would be appreciated! She's an amazing woman and I have a tremendous amount of respect for her and love her dearly. It breaks my heart all that has gone on, and breaks my heart to see her with so much on her. She's strong and is surrounded by family, and she's one tough woman!

I'll move on but just had to give a shout-out to grandma because she's my hero!

Praying for your Grandma and the rest of your family.

Well, in spite of everything, I am excited about July 4th! We bought things for our annual cook-out over the weekend...and I can't wait to make some boneless beef ribs, brats, hot links, and some other stuff. Our neighbors come over, and we can see a great fireworks show from the front lawn. Moore is continueing on with the celebration and I think it's awesome for the community since this has been such a hard summer with the torandoes. Moore needs some fun and by golly we're going to have it Thursday come hades or high water!

Alright, sorry to rant. Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!
Sounds like it's going to be a very sepcial July 4th for your community, enjoy!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (07-01-2013), made582 (07-01-2013), Seawaters (07-01-2013), snowflake22 (07-01-2013), xmas365 (07-01-2013)
Old 07-01-2013, 09:04 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,066 Times in 13,425 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
off to the Canada celebrations down town!
Old 07-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,638 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Good morning, friends!!

Happy Monday =]

Thank God for holiday weeks!!

Btw, what are your plans for the 4th?

We are heading up north to Adrian's boss's house on the lake for his annual bash. But, it's on the 3rd. My parents & Jazzie are kind enough to come up & stay with Harlowe so we can go. So appreciative about that, especially with all of the fireworks going on already. They make her anxious. We should be home late that night/early Thursday, and then we'll celebrate the 4th with my parents! We got some steaks to grill, and I will also make some au gratin potatoes, and corn on the cob. I'll be making my taco dip to snack on, as well. Mom is making my favorite Magic Cookie Bars- we aren't going to go hungry

Today, I need to go grocery shopping, and stop at Menards & pick up a few more lawn chairs, and then study.

It's supposed to be sunny & nice today, with a high of 82 degrees.

Hope you all have a blessed day!!

xx

Your July 4th plans sounds like a lot of fun and the menu sounds fab! Any room for one more lol?? Big hugs for Har, glad to hear she is ok.

off to the Canada celebrations down town!
Have Fun celebrating!!

HAPPY CANADA DAY TO ALL CELEBRATING
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-01-2013), HomemakinGirl (07-01-2013), made582 (07-01-2013), Seawaters (07-01-2013), snowflake22 (07-01-2013), xmas365 (07-01-2013)
Old 07-01-2013, 09:14 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 108,032 Times in 19,639 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
so you have the whole week off since the 4th is in the middle of the week? Sounds like you have a great week planned, enjoy.
I'm not working right now, just preparing for my exam & helping Adrian out with his charity work when he has things for me to do =]

We are going up north on the morning & afternoon of the 3rd. (We are driving separately so he has more time there) I will wait until my folks get here so I can show them a few things. So, we'll just be gone for the day.

Thanks, we'll have fun I'm sure!!

Hope you're having a fabulous Canada Day!!

xx