Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,845
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 07-01-2013, 09:16 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 99,698 Times in 17,389 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Good Monday morning, my Christmas friends!

Prayers going out to Ryan. I'm so sorry for your loss, my friend.

And healing prayer requests for Merry's Mr. I hope all goes well for you both.

Jacob finally came home from the Christian retreat, and is very, very intense about his convictions now. He got out of the car and hugged his mama and hugged me...in public...for longer than 1 second! It's all he's talked about since he got home. Bless his heart.

Our family vacation keeps getting pushed out for other things. Now we can't go when we planned because Elizabeth has auditions for the Nutcracker. Last year, she missed the audition and went to late auditions and only got a small part. She wants a larger role this year, but has to be here that week to get it. I doesn't look like vacation is in the cards for us this year. Oh well.

I hope y'all have a great day!
Glad Jacob enjoyed himself!!

Good luck to Elizabeth with her auditions!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-01-2013, 09:17 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
Have Fun celebrating!!

HAPPY CANADA DAY TO ALL CELEBRATING
You are always welcome, my friend!!

XO

Old 07-01-2013, 09:18 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Hello all.

MerryCarey-what's the latest word on Mr.? Praying for you guys!

Well, I have to throw something out there...

My grandma's husband is in the hospital recovering from a surgery related to prostate cancer. My great-grandma went into the hospital last week. My cousin had her twins four months prematurely, and yesterday we lost one of my other cousins. So, my grandma has her husband, her mother, her great-grandbabies in the hospital, and lost a grandson yesterday. Prayers for grandma would be appreciated! She's an amazing woman and I have a tremendous amount of respect for her and love her dearly. It breaks my heart all that has gone on, and breaks my heart to see her with so much on her. She's strong and is surrounded by family, and she's one tough woman!

I'll move on but just had to give a shout-out to grandma because she's my hero!

Well, in spite of everything, I am excited about July 4th! We bought things for our annual cook-out over the weekend...and I can't wait to make some boneless beef ribs, brats, hot links, and some other stuff. Our neighbors come over, and we can see a great fireworks show from the front lawn. Moore is continueing on with the celebration and I think it's awesome for the community since this has been such a hard summer with the torandoes. Moore needs some fun and by golly we're going to have it Thursday come hades or high water!

Alright, sorry to rant. Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!
Your grandma is a trooper! Bless her heart.

Thoughts & prayers are with your family, Ryan.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:31 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,301 Times in 13,285 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372692686.543529.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372692704.748224.jpg
ballcoach (07-01-2013), Bradmac (07-01-2013), Festive Spirit (07-02-2013), HomemakinGirl (07-01-2013), judesmama (07-01-2013), made582 (07-01-2013), Ryan (07-01-2013), Seawaters (07-01-2013), snowflake22 (07-01-2013), xmas365 (07-01-2013)
Old 07-01-2013, 10:13 AM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Thanked 50,460 Times in 8,255 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Hahaha!!! That is so cute!!!

Harlowe did that on the deck, and it scared me too!!
Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Glad he wasn't stuck!!!!!
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
He just wanted to smell the roses! LOL

PS , sol glad you got the little dog back to his home!
Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
So cute HMG ! Gorgeous cat! we had a similar situation recently except it involved a child gate , my 19month year toddler and a chubby leg.......
In the picture you can see that one of the spindles is crooked. I am wondering if he has been stuck before and that is how it became loose. I feel like I have four more kids with these animals
Old 07-01-2013, 10:26 AM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
My grandma's husband is in the hospital recovering from a surgery related to prostate cancer. My great-grandma went into the hospital last week. My cousin had her twins four months prematurely, and yesterday we lost one of my other cousins. So, my grandma has her husband, her mother, her great-grandbabies in the hospital, and lost a grandson yesterday. Prayers for grandma would be appreciated! She's an amazing woman and I have a tremendous amount of respect for her and love her dearly. It breaks my heart all that has gone on, and breaks my heart to see her with so much on her. She's strong and is surrounded by family, and she's one tough woman!
Continued prayers for you and your Grandma, she sounds like a wonderful woman!

Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Jacob finally came home from the Christian retreat, and is very, very intense about his convictions now. He got out of the car and hugged his mama and hugged me...in public...for longer than 1 second! It's all he's talked about since he got home. Bless his heart.

Our family vacation keeps getting pushed out for other things. Now we can't go when we planned because Elizabeth has auditions for the Nutcracker. Last year, she missed the audition and went to late auditions and only got a small part. She wants a larger role this year, but has to be here that week to get it. I doesn't look like vacation is in the cards for us this year. Oh well.
It's so nice to hear how much Jacob enjoyed the retreat, that is awesome. Sending good luck wishes for Elizabeth's Nutcracker auditions!

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
off to the Canada celebrations down town!
Have fun!!!
Old 07-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Btw, what are your plans for the 4th?

We are heading up north to Adrian's boss's house on the lake for his annual bash. But, it's on the 3rd. My parents & Jazzie are kind enough to come up & stay with Harlowe so we can go. So appreciative about that, especially with all of the fireworks going on already. They make her anxious. We should be home late that night/early Thursday, and then we'll celebrate the 4th with my parents! We got some steaks to grill, and I will also make some au gratin potatoes, and corn on the cob. I'll be making my taco dip to snack on, as well. Mom is making my favorite Magic Cookie Bars- we aren't going to go hungry
That's so nice that your parents are going to stay with Harlowe for you. I know what you mean about the fireworks. People are setting them off around here already. I went for a walk with the dogs the other night and someone set something off that was so loud it made a car alarm go on. Maggie couldn't breathe, I had to turn around and come back. I hate fireworks like that. Anyway, I do not go out on the 4th because I am worried about leaving the animals. I always have people here. This year I will have my parents and my brother and his family. Your menu sounds yummy, I have to work on mine today!
Old 07-01-2013, 11:24 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,322 Times in 5,934 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Hello all.

MerryCarey-what's the latest word on Mr.? Praying for you guys!

Well, I have to throw something out there...

I'll move on but just had to give a shout-out to grandma because she's my hero!
Our troubles are so small, compared to what your grandma and your family are going through ... you're all in my thoughts.

Mr. had some breakfast and was up and around in the hallway this morning with his I.V.-on-wheels, but his incision is very sore. When I talked to him this morning on the phone, he sounded good, but hadn't been examined yet by the neurosurgeon. I'm anxious to find out whether the shunt system was contaminated by the infection, because if it was, that might mean more surgery and a few weeks in the hospital. I'm going to see him on my way home from work tonight---hoping for good news.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (07-01-2013), Christmasstar (07-01-2013), Festive Spirit (07-02-2013), HomemakinGirl (07-01-2013), made582 (07-01-2013), Ryan (07-01-2013), Seawaters (07-01-2013), snowflake22 (07-01-2013), xmas365 (07-01-2013), xmastidings (07-01-2013)
Old 07-01-2013, 11:29 AM

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,301 Times in 13,285 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372699553.132657.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372699574.675838.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372699626.776687.jpg
Getting very crowed here, so much fun! But the rain we were told we would not get has started and since I am not prepared for that we are going home. Will head out this evening for parade and fireworks.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:31 AM

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,619 Times in 12,678 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
How sad for you and your whole family, Ryan. It is tough to lose someone young. Thinking of you all.

This has been a rough day friends. My little cousin passed away today. Prayers would be appreciated!