Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,470
Top Poster: xmas365 (151,038)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Boxing Day
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:30 PM
51,719 Views  0 Posts
He was there!
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:34 PM
46,766 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 Catching Santa: Ain't...
By Elf Ed Zachary
11-26-2013 03:03 AM
4,402 Views  0 Posts
stocking Thanksgiving Activities...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:52 PM
63,063 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Collage
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:37 PM
44,657 Views  0 Posts

Old 07-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,427 Times in 12,642 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We were gone most of the day to Chico for appointments. For some reason, I was really tired all day.

Does anyone else have Yahoo email and were MADE to change to their "new and improved" service? It is crap--I cannot think of a nicer way to say it! I would be absolutely embarrassed to say that I had a hand in its development. What garbage! Does anyone have a suggestion of what we could switch to without a lot of trouble? I am desperate!

I have a dental appointment tomorrow morning. I will be starting on a treatment for bone health because of the chemo and radiation and I have to have a clearance from my dentist that I have no infections related to my teeth or gums. I start Zometa in October. The side effects sound like what I went through when I had to take Neulasta after each chemo treatment. I don't think it is going to be fun at all.

Here is what info I have:

Severe and occasionally incapacitating bone, joint, and/or muscle pain has been reported in patients taking bisphosphonates, including ZOMETA. Do not continue using ZOMETA if severe symptoms develop, as some patients had the symptoms reappear after taking ZOMETA or another bisphosphonate again. In aspirin sensitive patients, bronchoconstriction (tightening of the airways in the lungs) has been observed while taking bisphosphonates.

Report any hip, thigh, or groin pain to your doctor, as unusual thigh bone fractures have been reported in patients receiving bisphosphonates, including ZOMETA. These fractures may occur with little or no trauma.

HCM patients may experience flu-like symptoms (fever, chills, flushing, bone pain and/or joint or muscle pain). Common side effects in HCM patients include fever, nausea, constipation, anemia, shortness of breath, diarrhea, (Well, which is it?) abdominal pain, worsening of cancer, insomnia, vomiting, anxiety, (Ya think???)urinary tract infection, low phosphate levels, confusion, (I already have this, LOL) agitation, a fungal infection called moniliasis, low potassium levels, coughing, skeletal pain, low blood pressure, and low magnesium levels. Redness and swelling may occur at the site that you are injected.
Common side effects for patients with multiple myeloma and bone metastases due to solid tumors include bone pain, nausea, fatigue, anemia, fever, vomiting, constipation, shortness of breath, diarrhea, weakness, muscle pain, anorexia, cough, joint pain, lower-limb swelling, worsening of your cancer, headache, dizziness (excluding vertigo), insomnia, decreased weight, back pain, numbness/tingling, and abdominal pain. These side effects are listed regardless of any potential association with the medications used in registration studies of ZOMETA in bone metastases patients.
Eye-related side effects may occur with bisphosphonates, including ZOMETA. Cases of swelling related to fluid build-up in the eye, as well as inflammation of the uvea, sclera, episclera, conjunctiva, and iris of the eye have been reported.

Okay, who is ready for a field trip to see my oncologist? Any takers? I will share nicely, LOL!!!

We are going out to dinner tonight. I just didn't want leftovers (even though I love mac and cheese) and I don't really feel like cooking.

I will try to get back online when we get back. TTYL
Christmasstar (07-09-2013), Holiday (07-10-2013), HomemakinGirl (07-09-2013), made582 (07-09-2013), mgramsey (07-10-2013), momnan30 (07-09-2013), Ryan (07-09-2013), shellie12 (07-10-2013), snowflake22 (07-09-2013), whitney37354 (07-10-2013), xmas365 (07-09-2013)
Old 07-09-2013, 05:56 PM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
What a great find! I love it when something like this happens, don't you?

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
Look what I found at the thrift store today!

Got it for only $3, this is a $40 cake pan.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:58 PM

Last Achievements

Good for you!!! And didn't if feel great to have a clear conscience and be able to go to the interview? Let us know how it turns out!

Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I was honest and my boss understood. We have a good relationship. The interview went great I though. Thanks for asking!
Christmasstar (07-09-2013), Holiday (07-10-2013), HomemakinGirl (07-09-2013), made582 (07-09-2013), Ryan (07-09-2013), shellie12 (07-10-2013), snowflake22 (07-09-2013), whitney37354 (07-10-2013), xmas365 (07-09-2013)
Old 07-09-2013, 05:59 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,718 Times in 887 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
We were gone most of the day to Chico for appointments. For some reason, I was really tired all day.

Does anyone else have Yahoo email and were MADE to change to their "new and improved" service? It is crap--I cannot think of a nicer way to say it! I would be absolutely embarrassed to say that I had a hand in its development. What garbage! Does anyone have a suggestion of what we could switch to without a lot of trouble? I am desperate!

I have a dental appointment tomorrow morning. I will be starting on a treatment for bone health because of the chemo and radiation and I have to have a clearance from my dentist that I have no infections related to my teeth or gums. I start Zometa in October. The side effects sound like what I went through when I had to take Neulasta after each chemo treatment. I don't think it is going to be fun at all.

Severe and occasionally incapacitating bone, joint, and/or muscle pain has been reported in patients taking bisphosphonates, including ZOMETA. Do not continue using ZOMETA if severe symptoms develop, as some patients had the symptoms reappear after taking ZOMETA or another bisphosphonate again. In aspirin sensitive patients, bronchoconstriction (tightening of the airways in the lungs) has been observed while taking bisphosphonates.

Report any hip, thigh, or groin pain to your doctor, as unusual thigh bone fractures have been reported in patients receiving bisphosphonates, including ZOMETA. These fractures may occur with little or no trauma.

HCM patients may experience flu-like symptoms (fever, chills, flushing, bone pain and/or joint or muscle pain). Common side effects in HCM patients include fever, nausea, constipation, anemia, shortness of breath, diarrhea, (Well, which is it?) abdominal pain, worsening of cancer, insomnia, vomiting, anxiety, (Ya think???)urinary tract infection, low phosphate levels, confusion, (I already have this, LOL) agitation, a fungal infection called moniliasis, low potassium levels, coughing, skeletal pain, low blood pressure, and low magnesium levels. Redness and swelling may occur at the site that you are injected.
Common side effects for patients with multiple myeloma and bone metastases due to solid tumors include bone pain, nausea, fatigue, anemia, fever, vomiting, constipation, shortness of breath, diarrhea, weakness, muscle pain, anorexia, cough, joint pain, lower-limb swelling, worsening of your cancer, headache, dizziness (excluding vertigo), insomnia, decreased weight, back pain, numbness/tingling, and abdominal pain. These side effects are listed regardless of any potential association with the medications used in registration studies of ZOMETA in bone metastases patients.
Eye-related side effects may occur with bisphosphonates, including ZOMETA. Cases of swelling related to fluid build-up in the eye, as well as inflammation of the uvea, sclera, episclera, conjunctiva, and iris of the eye have been reported.

Okay, who is ready for a field trip to see my oncologist? Any takers? I will share nicely, LOL!!!

We are going out to dinner tonight. I just didn't want leftovers (even though I love mac and cheese) and I don't really feel like cooking.

Love your ability to keep a smile in all of this! I admire the way you tackle everything with a fantastic attitude. You are one tough cookie- hang in there, I'm hoping this medication is nothing but a smooth ride for you!

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.”
Laura Ingalls Wilder
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to momnan30 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-09-2013), Holiday (07-10-2013), HomemakinGirl (07-09-2013), made582 (07-09-2013), Seawaters (07-09-2013), shellie12 (07-10-2013), snowflake22 (07-09-2013), xmas365 (07-09-2013)
Old 07-09-2013, 06:01 PM

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,362 Times in 12,655 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
She won again???
she is very good at it! It is a very cheap way to get to see these plays!!! Plus my neighbour works for the festival and once in awhile gives us free tickets. I cannot remember the last time I actually paid to see a play here.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Holiday (07-10-2013), HomemakinGirl (07-09-2013), made582 (07-09-2013), Ryan (07-09-2013), Seawaters (07-09-2013), shellie12 (07-10-2013), snowflake22 (07-09-2013), xmas365 (07-09-2013)
Old 07-09-2013, 06:01 PM

Last Achievements

Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Can you make me a coffee cake in it for christmas morning?
you got it!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Holiday (07-10-2013), HomemakinGirl (07-09-2013), made582 (07-09-2013), Seawaters (07-09-2013), shellie12 (07-10-2013), snowflake22 (07-09-2013), xmas365 (07-09-2013)
Old 07-09-2013, 06:02 PM

Last Achievements

I was honest and my boss understood. We have a good relationship. The interview went great I though.
so glad to hear it all worked out! So is this a place you would like to work for ?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Holiday (07-10-2013), HomemakinGirl (07-09-2013), made582 (07-09-2013), Ryan (07-09-2013), Seawaters (07-09-2013), shellie12 (07-10-2013), snowflake22 (07-09-2013), xmas365 (07-09-2013)
Old 07-09-2013, 06:06 PM

Last Achievements

Hello all. It is an oven here! I am outside with the kids while they play. Man, I am burning up! Turn on some Christmas tunes and cool me down!

Last edited by Christmasstar; 07-09-2013 at 06:10 PM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (07-09-2013), made582 (07-09-2013), momnan30 (07-09-2013), Ryan (07-09-2013), Seawaters (07-09-2013), shellie12 (07-10-2013), snowflake22 (07-09-2013), whitney37354 (07-10-2013), xmas365 (07-09-2013)
Old 07-09-2013, 06:14 PM

Last Achievements

this is why I never read what the side effects are, I would never take any meds if I did !
Hope you have a good time out tonight.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Holiday (07-10-2013), HomemakinGirl (07-09-2013), made582 (07-09-2013), momnan30 (07-09-2013), Ryan (07-09-2013), Seawaters (07-09-2013), shellie12 (07-10-2013), snowflake22 (07-09-2013), whitney37354 (07-10-2013), xmas365 (07-09-2013)
Old 07-09-2013, 06:17 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,992 Times in 2,731 Posts
Ryan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint

I hope you get feeling better and am praying!

As far as email, I like Gmail a lot. It's simple and not cluttered!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-09-2013), Holiday (07-10-2013), HomemakinGirl (07-09-2013), made582 (07-09-2013), momnan30 (07-09-2013), Seawaters (07-09-2013), shellie12 (07-10-2013), snowflake22 (07-09-2013), xmas365 (07-09-2013)