Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,081
Threads: 53,868
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,459)
Welcome to our newest member, Blitz

Old 07-09-2013, 07:54 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 74,828 Times in 14,939 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
daughter won tickets for us to go and see

Waiting for Godot

By Samuel Beckett
Directed by Jennifer Tarver

Tom Patterson Theatre

June 13
to September 26
Opens June 27

Production Co-Sponsor

About The Play
“What are we doing here, that is the question,” says Vladimir as he and Estragon await their rendezvous with the mysterious Godot. The question takes on a cosmic significance as the two hapless tramps struggle to make sense of their predicament, abandoned in a universe of comic absurdity shot through with moments of nameless terror.

2nd row from the front!
Congrats on her winning the tickets, enjoy the show!!!

Old 07-09-2013, 07:58 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,401 Times in 5,942 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
Looks like a cozy office.
It's a large, open, narrow room, but it feels kinda cozy.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-10-2013), Holiday (07-10-2013), HomemakinGirl (07-09-2013), made582 (07-09-2013), Ryan (07-09-2013), Seawaters (07-09-2013), shellie12 (07-10-2013), snowflake22 (07-09-2013), xmas365 (07-09-2013)
Old 07-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
Look what I found at the thrift store today!

Got it for only $3, this is a $40 cake pan.
Nice find!!!!
Old 07-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
We were gone most of the day to Chico for appointments. For some reason, I was really tired all day.

Does anyone else have Yahoo email and were MADE to change to their "new and improved" service? It is crap--I cannot think of a nicer way to say it! I would be absolutely embarrassed to say that I had a hand in its development. What garbage! Does anyone have a suggestion of what we could switch to without a lot of trouble? I am desperate!

I have a dental appointment tomorrow morning. I will be starting on a treatment for bone health because of the chemo and radiation and I have to have a clearance from my dentist that I have no infections related to my teeth or gums. I start Zometa in October. The side effects sound like what I went through when I had to take Neulasta after each chemo treatment. I don't think it is going to be fun at all.

Here is what info I have:

Severe and occasionally incapacitating bone, joint, and/or muscle pain has been reported in patients taking bisphosphonates, including ZOMETA. Do not continue using ZOMETA if severe symptoms develop, as some patients had the symptoms reappear after taking ZOMETA or another bisphosphonate again. In aspirin sensitive patients, bronchoconstriction (tightening of the airways in the lungs) has been observed while taking bisphosphonates.

Report any hip, thigh, or groin pain to your doctor, as unusual thigh bone fractures have been reported in patients receiving bisphosphonates, including ZOMETA. These fractures may occur with little or no trauma.

HCM patients may experience flu-like symptoms (fever, chills, flushing, bone pain and/or joint or muscle pain). Common side effects in HCM patients include fever, nausea, constipation, anemia, shortness of breath, diarrhea, (Well, which is it?) abdominal pain, worsening of cancer, insomnia, vomiting, anxiety, (Ya think???)urinary tract infection, low phosphate levels, confusion, (I already have this, LOL) agitation, a fungal infection called moniliasis, low potassium levels, coughing, skeletal pain, low blood pressure, and low magnesium levels. Redness and swelling may occur at the site that you are injected.
Common side effects for patients with multiple myeloma and bone metastases due to solid tumors include bone pain, nausea, fatigue, anemia, fever, vomiting, constipation, shortness of breath, diarrhea, weakness, muscle pain, anorexia, cough, joint pain, lower-limb swelling, worsening of your cancer, headache, dizziness (excluding vertigo), insomnia, decreased weight, back pain, numbness/tingling, and abdominal pain. These side effects are listed regardless of any potential association with the medications used in registration studies of ZOMETA in bone metastases patients.
Eye-related side effects may occur with bisphosphonates, including ZOMETA. Cases of swelling related to fluid build-up in the eye, as well as inflammation of the uvea, sclera, episclera, conjunctiva, and iris of the eye have been reported.

Okay, who is ready for a field trip to see my oncologist? Any takers? I will share nicely, LOL!!!

We are going out to dinner tonight. I just didn't want leftovers (even though I love mac and cheese) and I don't really feel like cooking.

I will try to get back online when we get back. TTYL
My thoughts are with you.

I am a fan of gmail, I have had it for 5 or so years now and haven't had any issues.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:27 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Good evening,

It was a long fun day at Six Flags, spent half the day in the water park, and the other half in the regular park. I went on the new Bonzai Pipelines in the water park, all I can say is AWESOME! Here is a description of them:

Are you ready to freefall through a 257-foot enclosed water slide and splash into six inches of water? Six Flags New England and Hurricane Harbor are pleased to announce the all-new, first of its kind in the world Bonzai Pipelines, a 75-foot tall waterslide complex featuring not one, not two, but six outrageously fast and intense drop hatch looping body slides.

After climbing to the top of the six-story tower set amid the water park’s incredible existing line-up of 27 slides, pools, and attractions, you will step inside one of the six state-of-the-art ‘DreanlineDrop’ launching capsules. As soon as the door closes shut, it’ll be three-two-one-DROP! And the adrenaline rush will quickly kick in as the floor suddenly drops out below you (and five others simultaneously), sending everyone freefalling, body surfing at 40 miles per hour as super powerful G-forces glue your bodies to the walls of slide through 257-feet of mind-blowing twists and turns — including a tight 360 degree loop! — first in clear tubing then in pitch darkness for an added rush of adrenaline, before finally shooting everyone out splashing into a mere 6 inches of water in the runout. Best of all, all six body slides each have their own unique path of twists and turns resulting in six different heart-pounding freefall experiences to keep you screaming all summer long!

I was swearing through the ride but wow it was amazing, I can't wait to do it again.

Needless to say I am tired today after being in the sun, and humidity all day. Late shift tomorrow, so I will be able to sleep in a little.

Have a good night all.
Christmasstar (07-10-2013), Holiday (07-10-2013), HomemakinGirl (07-09-2013), made582 (07-09-2013), mgramsey (07-10-2013), Ryan (07-09-2013), Seawaters (07-09-2013), shellie12 (07-10-2013), snowflake22 (07-09-2013)
Old 07-09-2013, 08:36 PM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Thanked 50,741 Times in 8,319 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good evening!
I have been on the run all day. It was just one of those days, I had a lot of errands to run. I had a headache most of the day, between that and the heat I am just exhausted. At least my head finally feels better.
The girls are home tonight. They are in the back yard with a few friends going in the pool and hot tub. We may get a thunderstorm this evening, hopefully it will hold off.
I went to the vet earlier to pick up the medicine for Maggie. I started her on it, hoping it brings her some relief. While I was there, I was talking to the receptionist and I noticed she had on a necklace that said "DogCrazy", in diamonds! She told me she has 13 dogs, all rescues. God bless her. She said her husband cut her off at 13. Thirteen is a lot of dogs to have in your house, her hubby must be pretty special too. When I went to leave I realized I was parked next to her car when I saw the license plate, I took a picture of it. It was so nice chatting with her, she was such a sweetheart. I thought about Caninemom, she would have loved how she was helping all of those furbabies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Christmasstar (07-10-2013), Holiday (07-10-2013), made582 (07-09-2013), mgramsey (07-10-2013), Ryan (07-09-2013), Seawaters (07-09-2013), shellie12 (07-10-2013), snowflake22 (07-09-2013), xmas365 (07-09-2013)
Old 07-09-2013, 08:41 PM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Thanked 50,741 Times in 8,319 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good evening,

It was a long fun day at Six Flags, spent half the day in the water park, and the other half in the regular park. I went on the new Bonzai Pipelines in the water park, all I can say is AWESOME! Here is a description of them:

Are you ready to freefall through a 257-foot enclosed water slide and splash into six inches of water? Six Flags New England and Hurricane Harbor are pleased to announce the all-new, first of its kind in the world Bonzai Pipelines, a 75-foot tall waterslide complex featuring not one, not two, but six outrageously fast and intense drop hatch looping body slides.

After climbing to the top of the six-story tower set amid the water park’s incredible existing line-up of 27 slides, pools, and attractions, you will step inside one of the six state-of-the-art ‘DreanlineDrop’ launching capsules. As soon as the door closes shut, it’ll be three-two-one-DROP! And the adrenaline rush will quickly kick in as the floor suddenly drops out below you (and five others simultaneously), sending everyone freefalling, body surfing at 40 miles per hour as super powerful G-forces glue your bodies to the walls of slide through 257-feet of mind-blowing twists and turns — including a tight 360 degree loop! — first in clear tubing then in pitch darkness for an added rush of adrenaline, before finally shooting everyone out splashing into a mere 6 inches of water in the runout. Best of all, all six body slides each have their own unique path of twists and turns resulting in six different heart-pounding freefall experiences to keep you screaming all summer long!

I was swearing through the ride but wow it was amazing, I can't wait to do it again.

Needless to say I am tired today after being in the sun, and humidity all day. Late shift tomorrow, so I will be able to sleep in a little.

Have a good night all.
Oh my Xmas, you are brave! lol Glad to hear you had fun!!

Old 07-09-2013, 08:41 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,702 Times in 28,986 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint

I almost got sick just reading that!!!!! There is no way that I would do it!!!

Glad you had fun!!!

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-10-2013), Holiday (07-10-2013), HomemakinGirl (07-09-2013), Ryan (07-09-2013), Seawaters (07-09-2013), shellie12 (07-10-2013), snowflake22 (07-09-2013), whitney37354 (07-10-2013), xmas365 (07-09-2013)
Old 07-09-2013, 08:43 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,702 Times in 28,986 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
Good evening!
I have been on the run all day. It was just one of those days, I had a lot of errands to run. I had a headache most of the day, between that and the heat I am just exhausted. At least my head finally feels better.
The girls are home tonight. They are in the back yard with a few friends going in the pool and hot tub. We may get a thunderstorm this evening, hopefully it will hold off.
I went to the vet earlier to pick up the medicine for Maggie. I started her on it, hoping it brings her some relief. While I was there, I was talking to the receptionist and I noticed she had on a necklace that said "DogCrazy", in diamonds! She told me she has 13 dogs, all rescues. God bless her. She said her husband cut her off at 13. Thirteen is a lot of dogs to have in your house, her hubby must be pretty special too. When I went to leave I realized I was parked next to her car when I saw the license plate, I took a picture of it. It was so nice chatting with her, she was such a sweetheart. I thought about Caninemom, she would have loved how she was helping all of those furbabies.

Glad your head is feeling better!!!

13 dogs? I don't think I can handle that!!! Your right about CM3 though. She would have loved it.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-10-2013), Holiday (07-10-2013), HomemakinGirl (07-09-2013), Ryan (07-09-2013), Seawaters (07-09-2013), shellie12 (07-10-2013), snowflake22 (07-09-2013), xmas365 (07-09-2013)
Old 07-09-2013, 08:53 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,621 Times in 12,679 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I was saying the same thing, Made. CM3 would probably love to have her join us here at MMC and talk about her furbabies and put their names in the shout out!

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Glad your head is feeling better!!!

13 dogs? I don't think I can handle that!!! Your right about CM3 though. She would have loved it.