Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,832
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 11-16-2007, 07:51 AM
Merry Forums Newbie

lauraa has shown a merry disposition
Fresh Holly Christmas Wreaths

Hi Guys,
I make nice fresh Holly christmas wreaths for friends and family-i'm looking to sell some at a market but have no idea what people would pay for them-wuld you mind helping me out?
How much would you pay for a 12" and how much would you pay for a 18"? Thanks x
The Following User Says Thank You to lauraa For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-03-2014)
Old 11-16-2007, 07:55 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
It depends on what they look like. I would suggest going to a place like Franks. seeing there prices and going from there.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Merry Forums Newbie

is franks american? i'm in the uk
snowflake22 (03-03-2014)
Old 11-16-2007, 09:03 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Yes it is sorry. I was just trying to suggest going somewhere that sells that type of thing and seeing the going rate. Then consider your production cost and the profit margin you would like then come up with a price.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:12 AM
Merry Forums Newbie

yes these are good points which i have considered. The things is i know they sell for 20-40...(in the shops) but i just wondered whether people would pay that when buying from a market stall?
Thanks
snowflake22 (03-03-2014)
Old 11-16-2007, 09:24 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Well thats why you would have to check your production price if you can Sell them for a lower price and still be happy with the profit margin then I would say do it. People always like a bargain. You could also try offering a 2 for something deal. Like for example you could sell them for 40 or 2 for 70. You could also put up a sign that says Limited Quantities Left. Sub- consciously makes people think that they have to buy now because there might not be any left later.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
I just wanted to say I love Christmas wreaths. My sister gets a real one every year, and they are beautiful. WE have artificial ones, but decorated nicely, it makes a real nice decoration.
The Following User Says Thank You to novelist For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-03-2014)
Old 11-16-2007, 12:29 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
holly

You need to figure how much of your time and money you have put into these. Pending on where you buy these wreaths otherwise like at a local shop, market, online...I have seen wreaths (for the size you mentioned) 20 and up (US dollars of course. Again, if you spend 5 or 10 dollars making these I would double if not triple what you paid to make them. Please if you can add some pictures I would love to see them...My husband wants to make me a "real wreath" this year..

This is just one website there are many more online but it kind of gives you an idea of style and what they go for. Might give you a better idea! This site is from the UK...good luck!
http://www.christmaswrappedup.co.uk/...asp?v06T4172=H
The Following User Says Thank You to Annette1990 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-03-2014)