Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Plans/Preparations/Ideas Christmas 2013

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,451
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,178)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Seeing Christmas...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:16 PM
50,004 Views  0 Posts
When should presents be...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:51 PM
50,504 Views  0 Posts
It's a Wonderful Movie
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:04 PM
55,104 Views  0 Posts
I Always Felt So Special
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:20 PM
45,436 Views  0 Posts
A Christmas Story (Movie...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:21 PM
60,582 Views  0 Posts

Old 06-29-2013, 03:55 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,245 Times in 12,642 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
The "arms out" pose is supposed to convey that the Child is blessing those around him, I believe---much as a minister spreads his arms when he pronounces the benediction in a church service. That's how I always interpreted it. You see that pose in some Old Masters' paintings of the Nativity.
yes I have heard that before, still it is not natural for a new born.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
MerryCarey (06-29-2013), snowflake22 (07-03-2013)
Old 07-02-2013, 12:20 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,899 Times in 650 Posts
ClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnog
Ive been thinking about xmas alot this past week. I need to get some more tree decorations this year so am keeping an eye out for early bargains!

Also in the next coulple of weeks i am swapping my shifts at work from every teatime to just 1 full day on a saturday so Ive been thinking about alot of winter warmer foods im hoping to cook this year with having more time!!! xx
Old 07-02-2013, 02:52 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 7,989 Times in 1,273 Posts
Festive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by ClaireLovesChristmas View Post
Ive been thinking about xmas alot this past week. I need to get some more tree decorations this year so am keeping an eye out for early bargains!

Also in the next coulple of weeks i am swapping my shifts at work from every teatime to just 1 full day on a saturday so Ive been thinking about alot of winter warmer foods im hoping to cook this year with having more time!!! xx
I look forward to hearing what recipies you come up with! I love comfort food!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
'Tis the season (07-02-2013), ClaireLovesChristmas (07-02-2013), Clark (07-29-2013), Head Elf (07-24-2013), snowflake22 (07-03-2013)
Old 07-03-2013, 08:13 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,100 Times in 411 Posts
jayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoejayden28 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
When it comes to christmas decorations this year i wont need that much,for the past 4-5 years ive spent alot on decorations filling the house up every year at christmas,i will be buying bits and bobs for the bedrooms but nothing at all for downstairs.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:31 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
Well, my Christmas cards are made, I have to get a couple of rope lights to finish my fence in the front yard. So staging which tree I'm going to use and which ornaments for the tree. On a strict budget this year, so not many presents to be bought. It's only the husband and myself. Deciding on the comfort foods/crock pot dishes for the winter months. It doesn't get that cold here, but I'll be ready if it does decide to snow. (PLEASE, I want snow this year).
Old 07-25-2013, 03:00 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,202 Times in 326 Posts
VictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnog
There are actually 5 months left until Christmas from today! Wow! Time really flies. :] I recently catch myself thinking about Christmas presents for my family members. As I expect to be finally employed at the job I found, I will be able to save some money for Christmas. For my Christmas tree, I will probably use the same decorations which I made last year for last year's Christmas tree. It looked very beautiful with them so I'm thinking of decorating the tree in the same way this year too. :]
The Following User Says Thank You to VictoriaLT For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (07-25-2013)
Old 07-25-2013, 04:54 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 11,487 Times in 1,965 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by VictoriaLT View Post
There are actually 5 months left until Christmas from today! Wow! Time really flies. :] I recently catch myself thinking about Christmas presents for my family members. As I expect to be finally employed at the job I found, I will be able to save some money for Christmas. For my Christmas tree, I will probably use the same decorations which I made last year for last year's Christmas tree. It looked very beautiful with them so I'm thinking of decorating the tree in the same way this year too. :]
You make your own decorations? That's very cool! If you can, post some pictures of your handywork, I like things like to see other peoples craftsmanship and I really apprecate their talents!

Me, I'm always keeping my eye out for things and I have been into a blowmold kick for years now! I'm addicted to them. I have enough now where that between Halloween and Christmas, I have purchased so many of them, where they now fill half of a shed from the floor to the ceiling that is 18'x18'... The wife isn't too thrilled about that, but she likes them when I put them up in the yard~

The Bell Still Rings for me,
as it does for all who truly Believe!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (07-25-2013), VictoriaLT (07-26-2013)
Old 07-25-2013, 05:22 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

BoxerMom has shown a merry dispositionBoxerMom has shown a merry dispositionBoxerMom has shown a merry dispositionBoxerMom has shown a merry dispositionBoxerMom has shown a merry disposition
I bought my first Christmas gifts for my daughters yesterday...ordered them from Amazon. It is called the Rainbow Loom and you can make all these cool bracelets!

On Tues night my 7 y/o was cleaning her room with the radio on and I heard Christmas music...they were playing all Christmas music for the night.

I heard O Come Emmanuel...and felt giddy!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BoxerMom For This Useful Post:
Anne_Langston (07-25-2013), Festive Spirit (07-25-2013), XmasDreams (07-26-2013)
Old 07-26-2013, 09:48 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

sugarcookie2 has shown a merry disposition
Christmas Decorating

Not only do i decorate my home for Christmas,but i also decorate my chicken coop. I have lights on coop,wreaths on doors/windows and they even get a small Christmas tree decorated with appropriate treats. My feathered children appear to enjoy all the festivities and special treats just as much as my daughters.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sugarcookie2 For This Useful Post:
Clark (07-29-2013), Festive Spirit (07-27-2013), XmasDreams (07-26-2013)
Old 07-26-2013, 12:03 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,111 Times in 3,695 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
there is a new butcher in town.....very good meats to very cheap prize....so when it is getting cooler again....I will try different types of things to find out what to make for Christmas......

and I am thinking of going to Europa Park (best amusment parc in europe) for two days with Kandice and Jones....from the 26th of December to the 27th......26th is our 2nd Christmas Day......for those who donīt know....we germans celebrate the 24th (the holy night), the 25th. (1. Christmas Day) and the 26th....2nd Christmas Day

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (07-27-2013), kizzy (07-26-2013)