Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,553)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Bells The Nativity: The Story...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:42 PM
81,062 Views  0 Posts
The Year the Reindeer...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:17 PM
64,059 Views  0 Posts
Snowman2 Top Five Christmas Hoaxes
By MMC Editor
09-09-2013 02:14 PM
23,961 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2007
By MMC Editor
06-11-2007 11:13 PM
54,637 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Stockings
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:15 PM
52,057 Views  0 Posts

Old 08-08-2013, 09:18 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 82,033 Times in 13,823 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Good Thursday morning, my Christmas friends!

Vacation is still going great! We're planning to go whitewater rafting today, then ziplining tomorrow. I hope my ol' heart can hold out! (Just kidding!)

My cousin and his family are driving up today for the weekend. His family has a place just down the road from mama's place, so it'll be fun to have them here. Ed's also my best friend, and we've played together in the band for more than 20 years. Maybe we'll plan a big BBQ this weekend!

I hope y'all have a great day!
Sounds like a wonderful day planned!! Have a fabulous time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,251 Times in 5,590 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
He goes all out on milestone weeks. And, he puts on one heck of a fireworks display!
Wonder where he got those custom shells made---the ones that explode and form the shape of a camel?? Stars and hearts I've seen, but never a camel before!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (08-08-2013), Holiday (08-08-2013), HomemakinGirl (08-08-2013), made582 (08-08-2013), Ryan (08-08-2013), Seawaters (08-08-2013), snowflake22 (08-08-2013), sugar142286 (08-09-2013), xmas365 (08-08-2013)
Old 08-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,206 Times in 3,094 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
today was my last day of work.....I try to see it as a new beginning....maybe I can get back into office work and earn a lil more for less work
Good luck Track! Sending prayers for you that everything will work out for the best!!

Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
Yay - so glad that Maggie is going home!! Bless you for taking her in and trying to find her home!!!
I wasn't home when they came to get Maggie, but my hubbys said Maggie was happy to see them & their little boy was one happy camper! YAY!!!

Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
Good afternoon, MMC!

It has been a great day so far - I pray your day is even better!

Yesterday I got home quite late and had such a bad headache that after I put things away I went straight to bed. Apparently I slept through quite the storm - lots of lightning, thunder off in the distance and pouring rain. Today is beautiful! It is warm, but comfortable. The sun is shining right now, but there are heavy storms forecast for later tonight.

My headache is gone!!! Yay!!! I have spent the day trying to catch up on all the things I should have done last night and tackle all the things that I wanted to do today. Busy!

Be MERRY and safe!!!
Glad to hear your headache is gone!!! Hope you are feeling much better!

Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
Hi everyone!! Miss you all!

I am getting ready to go on vacation in a couple of days and of course I am sick right now. I think it's a head cold but I don't know for sure. My head is foggy and I feel a little out of it. My nose was runny/slightly congested for a couple of days and my throat was scratchy so I thought it was allergies. That seemed to pass though and now I am just stuck with a cloudy head! I tried a decongestant yesterday, didn't help. Claritin today, didn't help, at least not yet.

I cannot believe how fast time flies! I finally just finished my summer classes and I have one class in the fall left. Then I will finally graduate!

I really am surprised that it is August already. That sounds silly to say I but I feel like it was May yesterday! I have seen a ton of Halloween decorations out in the stores which means Christmas stuff will be soon! Bring it on!!
I started with a sore throat last week & then it moved into my chest! It's still hanging there, but getting better. People keep telling me "My Mom, my sister, my co-worker.... has that!!!" So either something is going around or it's weather/allergies/sinus! Hope you are feeling better today & 100% by vacation!!! Have a great trip! Good luck with preparing for graduation!!!

Originally Posted by ballcoach View Post
Guilty Pleasure Announcement of the Day

I watch Honey Boo Boo....weekly.

#blamesugar
OOH! Ick! I hope you are not leatting the little papoose listen to that!!!

Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
Hey, just checking in. I have had a very long day today, I got up at 3:30 to head down to Virginia to start some preliminary engineering work on 5 schools; I just got in about an hour ago. tomorrow is supposed to be worse, head to Virginia again to work a day shift and then head to Delawareo work an evening shift. I'll be up and down I-95 all day tomorrow....

I sure hope that Friday is a little more calmer... well, I'll be here checking the days posts~
Safe travels! I hope your day is going better than expected!!

Originally Posted by Cetacea View Post
Good mid-morning everyone!

I woke up to a very cloudy sky and heavy rains. Weather forecast says it will rain all day therefore issued a flood warning. Guess we have to watch our small stream and the big lake.

My dads parents are planing to give my das his part of the inheritance. His older brother already has his part (he got the family house), the youngest got his part to build his own house. Now it is my fathers turn. They would like to buy a flat, as houses are waaaaayyyyyyyyy to expensive around here. They worry that if they get sick and have to go to a nursing home all their money (and dads part of the inheritance) will be used for they care. In our country this is part of the social system.

Now we have to look for affordable flats, which isn't exactly easy. We live in a pretty expensive area and can't just move to other places.

Could you pray for us? We hope for wisdom to make the right decision. Besides we try to calm our grandparents down, as they get pretty worked up. Really don't know what's the reason for all this stressing that's going on around here.

Oh, that is sooo great! But couldn't it be, that Maggie will show up again? I mean, now that she knows the way to her old home? Guess you will play dog saviour more often.
Sending prayers up!
I had a little talk with Maggie - I told her she cold come back to visit me, but she had to ask her Mom/Dad 1st! Ha ha ha! At least if she does come back, we know where she belongs now! Hopefully she will stay home though!!

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Good morning, friends!!

It's a cool, crisp 48 degrees here!!! Wow!! Love it =] So close to Fall!!!

I stopped at Michael's on the way home from work yesterday, and they are starting to put out the Spooky Town village here!!!

Hope you all have a beautiful & blessed day!!

xx

Attachment 1999

48º?? We were roasting walking this morning!!! All these people with temps in the 40's in August - that's crazy!!! ENJOY!!!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Cetacea (08-09-2013), Christmasstar (08-08-2013), HomemakinGirl (08-08-2013), made582 (08-08-2013), Meceka (08-08-2013), Ryan (08-08-2013), Seawaters (08-08-2013), snowflake22 (08-08-2013), sugar142286 (08-09-2013), xmas365 (08-08-2013)
Old 08-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint

Now we have to look for affordable flats, which isn't exactly easy. We live in a pretty expensive area and can't just move to other places.

Could you pray for us? We hope for wisdom to make the right decision. Besides we try to calm our grandparents down, as they get pretty worked up. Really don't know what's the reason for all this stressing that's going on around here.
I said a little prayer for you for wisdom and patience. I hope things turn out for the very best for all of you.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Cetacea (08-09-2013), Christmasstar (08-08-2013), Holiday (08-08-2013), HomemakinGirl (08-08-2013), made582 (08-08-2013), Meceka (08-08-2013), Ryan (08-08-2013), Seawaters (08-08-2013), snowflake22 (08-08-2013), sugar142286 (08-09-2013), xmas365 (08-08-2013)
Old 08-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Okay, I just have to say that some people are stupid and don't deserve a drivers license. A guy in my sister's housing addition saw my niece's school bus this morning and didn't want to get stuck behind it. So instead, he tried to out turn the bus around a corner and instead of making it, crashed right into the side of the bus. Luckily no kids were on it but my sister said the driver was pretty shook up.
Some drivers have the brains of a housefly. I'd like to put on a very large steel-toed boot and aim right between THIS driver's back pockets.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (08-08-2013), Holiday (08-08-2013), HomemakinGirl (08-08-2013), made582 (08-08-2013), Meceka (08-08-2013), Ryan (08-08-2013), Seawaters (08-08-2013), snowflake22 (08-08-2013), sugar142286 (08-09-2013), xmas365 (08-08-2013)
Old 08-08-2013, 09:34 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,106 Times in 936 Posts
jennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Hey Jennifer!!

Nice to see you =]

How exciting! Just one class left?! Congrats!!

We miss you, too!

Hope you feel better soon & have a wonderful time on vacation!!

xo

Hi!! It is nice to see you, too Just one class this fall! I couldn't schedule it in the summer, so I am stuck with only one. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
I sure hope you get to feeling better so you can enjoy your vacation. Hooray for having only one course left!!!
Thank you!! I am so excited that I am almost done with college. I feel like it has been an eternity

Hey Jennifer!!! It's great to see you!!!

Hope you feel better soon!!! Enjoy your vacation!!! Good luck in School!!!
Hi Made!! It is good to see you, too! Thank you!!

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
So nice to see you back again! Must be nice to have those classes done for the summer, now you can relax and enjoy the rest of the summer.
Hope you feel better!
It is nice to see you, too!! The sad thing is my "break" is only two weeks long...LOL! Then it's back to school for me. Thanks!

Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
Jennifer, I hope you feel better very soon and have a wonderful vacation!
Thank you, HMG!

Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
Nice to see you, I hope you feel better before vacation starts.
Nice to see you, too, Xmas! Thank you!!

Good mid-morning everyone!

I woke up to a very cloudy sky and heavy rains. Weather forecast says it will rain all day therefore issued a flood warning. Guess we have to watch our small stream and the big lake.

My dads parents are planing to give my das his part of the inheritance. His older brother already has his part (he got the family house), the youngest got his part to build his own house. Now it is my fathers turn. They would like to buy a flat, as houses are waaaaayyyyyyyyy to expensive around here. They worry that if they get sick and have to go to a nursing home all their money (and dads part of the inheritance) will be used for they care. In our country this is part of the social system.

I hope you get well soon! How exciting that you only have one class left. What is the subject you will graduate in?
First off, you will most definitely be in my prayers. It will all work out for you in the end! Try to remain relaxed and stress-free, even if it's difficult! You will know when you make the right choice!

Thank you! I will be graduating with a degree in Business with a focus in marketing and management.

Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
I started with a sore throat last week & then it moved into my chest! It's still hanging there, but getting better. People keep telling me "My Mom, my sister, my co-worker.... has that!!!" So either something is going around or it's weather/allergies/sinus! Hope you are feeling better today & 100% by vacation!!! Have a great trip! Good luck with preparing for graduation!!!
Ugh! I am sorry that you were sick. I hope you keep feeling better every day! One of my best friends lives across the country and she said that something similar is going around there, too. I am hoping it is allergies but who knows! Thank you!!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jennifer91 For This Useful Post:
Cetacea (08-09-2013), Christmasstar (08-08-2013), Holiday (08-08-2013), HomemakinGirl (08-08-2013), made582 (08-08-2013), Ryan (08-08-2013), Seawaters (08-08-2013), snowflake22 (08-08-2013), sugar142286 (08-09-2013), xmas365 (08-08-2013)
Old 08-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,106 Times in 936 Posts
jennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the tree
Hey, everyone! I am here to stick around this time

It went from being relatively cool here for the past week to now roasting again and needing the air conditioner. I stepped outside to go for a walk after it rained last night, and wow - overwhelming humidity! I don't know if anyone has ever watched Friends...but if you recall the Barbados episode where Monica's hair went poofy/frizzy - that was me after going outside

I am feeling a little bit better today. Just hoping it goes away before vacation. I am not really looking forward to the plane ride. I don't mind it when there are two seats across and I can sit next to my family member, but I hate three which this plane has. I always feel crammed and like I have zero space.

I still have so much packing to do...yikes!!! I am so afraid I am going to forget something, even though I made a list and have been crossing off as I go.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jennifer91 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (08-09-2013), Cetacea (08-09-2013), Christmasstar (08-08-2013), Holiday (08-08-2013), HomemakinGirl (08-08-2013), made582 (08-08-2013), Ryan (08-08-2013), Seawaters (08-08-2013), snowflake22 (08-08-2013), sugar142286 (08-09-2013), xmas365 (08-08-2013)
Old 08-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

It's not a very good day here today, but checking in on the forum helps. Trying to look forward to the weekend, which is a sales tax holiday in Massachusetts. I think we'll take advantage of that to update our TV set---we're still using a non-digital, non-HD TV, but there are signs that the picture tube may be starting to go.

I'd like to be someplace else with all of you instead of here today. With mugs of cocoa around a large Christmas tree.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (08-09-2013), Cetacea (08-09-2013), Christmasstar (08-08-2013), Festive Spirit (08-09-2013), Holiday (08-08-2013), HomemakinGirl (08-08-2013), made582 (08-08-2013), Ryan (08-08-2013), Seawaters (08-08-2013), snowflake22 (08-08-2013), sugar142286 (08-09-2013), xmas365 (08-08-2013)
Old 08-08-2013, 09:46 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 82,033 Times in 13,823 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
Good luck Track! Sending prayers for you that everything will work out for the best!!

I wasn't home when they came to get Maggie, but my hubbys said Maggie was happy to see them & their little boy was one happy camper! YAY!!!

Glad to hear your headache is gone!!! Hope you are feeling much better!

OOH! Ick! I hope you are not leatting the little papoose listen to that!!!

Safe travels! I hope your day is going better than expected!!

Sending prayers up!
I had a little talk with Maggie - I told her she cold come back to visit me, but she had to ask her Mom/Dad 1st! Ha ha ha! At least if she does come back, we know where she belongs now! Hopefully she will stay home though!!

48º?? We were roasting walking this morning!!! All these people with temps in the 40's in August - that's crazy!!! ENJOY!!!
Thanks!! It's nuts!!! But a good kind if nuts =] It was so beautiful so I cooled down the house & opened up all of the windows.

It sounds like a sweet, happy ending for Maggie & her family!! That's wonderful!

Hope you feel better!!
We have a very high pollen count here, and it's affecting me too.

Have a great day, girlie!!

xx

Old 08-08-2013, 09:46 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,206 Times in 3,094 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by kizzy View Post
Afternoon everyone!, its bright and breezy here today and the first day of Brecon Fringe Festival and Brecon Jazz festival starting tomorrow! so theres music music music, fun street entertainers and all sorts going on.
tonight we are heading out to see the funniest Elvis impersonator ever!. This is his blurb even this is funny!
Elvis Preseli and the Undertakers

Elvis Preseli and the Undertakers
Thursday 8th August
Venue: Clarence Inn
Time: 9:00pm
Info: "I AM the only bald, Welsh-speaking, Elvis impersonator who doesn't sing Elvis songs in the world " says Gareth Benney, otherwise known as Elvis Preseli. It is a bit too much of a sales pitch to fit on the posters, and even the biggest circus barker in showbiz, Col Tom Parker, might have struggled to market him, but Gareth is a popular chap in the clubs of South Wales as well as in Germany. Having said that, the organisers of the annual Porthcawl Elvis festival just can't help believing he is poking fun at their idol. He explains: "They threw us out of the festival because I used to take a George Foreman grill on stage with me, which I called The Presizzler, and I would cook up burgers, because Elvis loved burgers. "They thought I was going too far. "I love Elvis. I always have. But they thought I was making fun of him. I was actually making fun of Elvis Impersonators." What with the improbable nylon wigs and the paunches-in-jumpsuits, Presley impersonators in general are an open goal, it has to be said. But the fact that Geraint doesn't cover any Elvis songs may have got the fans all shook up too. "I always used to sing Elvis songs, and every time I was at the karaoke I would do Suspicious Minds, but my friends got sick of it. "So now we do all kinds of other material — Gnarls Barkley, Outkast, Radiohead, Scissor Sisters — but we do them in the style of Elvis." Geraint, from Aberdare, gets around the dubious wig problem too, by not wearing one. "I have the outfits — the jumpsuit from the Vegas years, the leather one from the Comeback Special. But I don't wear a wig. And am completely bald. "I do put the sideburns on though." A keen practical joker and known for his on-stage jollity with the band, I can't help thinking Elvis would get the joke. But the ban from the festival seems to be a lifetime one. "I am barred for life, yes," says Geraint. I would suggest he starts up a fringe festival, but Elvis would never have been seen dead in a fringe.
Sounds like lots of fun!!!! ENJOY every minute!!!!!

Okay, I just have to say that some people are stupid and don't deserve a drivers license. A guy in my sister's housing addition saw my niece's school bus this morning and didn't want to get stuck behind it. So instead, he tried to out turn the bus around a corner and instead of making it, crashed right into the side of the bus. Luckily no kids were on it but my sister said the driver was pretty shook up.
UGH! I'm glad nobody was hurt!!! What's wrong with people???

Originally Posted by sugar142286 View Post
Good morning, everyone! How are you? I am well. I've been relaxing, enjoying coffee and trying to get caught up on the all the posts, but I don't think I will until later on.

What is everyone's plans for today? EA and I are headed to the movies here at 10, then we're going to lunch at Applebee's. It will be the last one of the summer kid's special we're able to do, so I want to take her. When we get home, I'm going to bake a banana nut bread and try to do some things around the house.

I hope you're all doing well. Thinking of all you and prayers to all of you who need them! Talk to you all later on. Hope you all enjoy your day! God Bless and keep smiling!
Sounds like a great day! Enjoy!!!

Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
Good morning!
It is going to be cloudy and humid today. I woke up to a thunderstorm at 3:30 a.m. Molly was a nervous wreck. Thankfully it passed quickly. I am heading out soon to run a couple of errands. I already got a few chores out of the way and dinner is started in the crock pot. I'm making pulled pork and homemade coleslaw tonight. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!!!
Sounds delicious!!! Enjoy your day!

Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Good Thursday morning, my Christmas friends!

Vacation is still going great! We're planning to go whitewater rafting today, then ziplining tomorrow. I hope my ol' heart can hold out! (Just kidding!)

My cousin and his family are driving up today for the weekend. His family has a place just down the road from mama's place, so it'll be fun to have them here. Ed's also my best friend, and we've played together in the band for more than 20 years. Maybe we'll plan a big BBQ this weekend!

I hope y'all have a great day!
How FUN! Have a great time!!! Wish I were rafting & ziplining with you today instead of sitting at a computer. LOL!! (but this site on the computer is a GREAT place to be!!)

It's after 5 p.m. and I'm leaving work soon. I wish everyone a great night or day (depending on where in the world you live).

See you tomorrow!
Enjoy your evening!

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Some drivers have the brains of a housefly. I'd like to put on a very large steel-toed boot and aim right between THIS driver's back pockets.
Nicely said!!!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (08-09-2013), Cetacea (08-09-2013), Christmasstar (08-08-2013), HomemakinGirl (08-08-2013), made582 (08-08-2013), MerryCarey (08-08-2013), Seawaters (08-08-2013), snowflake22 (08-08-2013), sugar142286 (08-09-2013), xmas365 (08-08-2013)