Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,461
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
What do elves get paid?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:58 PM
48,786 Views  0 Posts
santahat The Legendary Christmas...
By Jeff Westover
09-26-2012 12:27 PM
63,002 Views  0 Posts
Bells Christmas and Tragedy:...
By MMC Editor
12-15-2012 11:40 AM
Last post by Christmasstar
02-15-2013 08:32 PM
2 Posts
Christmas Tree Using Outdoor...
By JeanetteDi
09-18-2011 03:26 PM
Last post by Christmas-man
11-23-2011 07:45 AM
92,450 Views  1 Posts
“On the Feast of...
By MerryCarey
05-21-2012 11:11 AM
30,146 Views  0 Posts

Old 08-14-2013, 02:11 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,057 Times in 1,289 Posts
Festive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by ClaireLovesChristmas View Post
I wish we had more autumn decorations aswell, usually see a few scarecrow type ornaments but thats about it!!

Coming to the forums always help me cheer up!! hope your feeling better soon!

Have a great day xxx
Thank you Claire. I saw some scare crow things in Spring and I wish now I had gotten a few. I think the shops got it mixed up here LOL!

Morning all!! plans for today are......dentist with the girls! also got the scaffolders coming today to put the framing up, am having solar panels fitted to my house tomorrow!!!

How nice, Been thinking about getting solar panels myself. Is it alot of hassle? I bet you will be pleased to have it though!

woke this morning when shaun was leaving for work, a couple of weeks ago it was fully light at that time but this morning it was still abit dark!! sure sign the season is on is way hehe!!!

I know and by the time the kids are back at school next month there will be a huge difference in the light!

Have a great day all xxx

You too!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
ClaireLovesChristmas (08-14-2013), Holiday (08-14-2013), HomemakinGirl (08-14-2013), made582 (08-14-2013), Seawaters (08-14-2013), snowflake22 (08-14-2013), sugar142286 (08-14-2013), xmas365 (08-14-2013)
Old 08-14-2013, 02:14 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Festive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by kizzy View Post
Its certainly darker and cooler here now in the mornings and evenings yay!!!.
Ikeas had some lovely ivy wreaths and some swags of autumal leaves a bit of cutting and sticking im sure you could make something lovely for your door!.Im working on my website today, i am finding it hard but getting there, i had to take a computer course so i can do things properly rather than rushed!
hope everyone has a great day!
Kizzy THANK YOU for letting me know about Ikea!! I will probably go there today or very soon atleast!!!! Goodluck working on your site!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
ClaireLovesChristmas (08-14-2013), Holiday (08-14-2013), HomemakinGirl (08-14-2013), kizzy (08-14-2013), made582 (08-14-2013), Seawaters (08-14-2013), snowflake22 (08-14-2013), sugar142286 (08-14-2013), xmas365 (08-14-2013)
Old 08-14-2013, 02:24 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,899 Times in 650 Posts
ClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnogClaireLovesChristmas will NOT spit in your eggnog
Hi festive, its been no hassel at all!! they havent cost me anything either, its part of a government scheme available to homeowners (FIT scheme) I receive pretty much all my electric free through the day and just use my supplier when its dark, the company who own the panels get paid via any stored electric which is sold to the national grid, and the grid pays them for using panels to produce electric rather than the power stations having to produce it!

sorry if i havent explained it properly. Im watching them as i type fit them to our friends house across the street hehe!! x
Cetacea (08-14-2013), Festive Spirit (08-14-2013), Holiday (08-14-2013), HomemakinGirl (08-14-2013), kizzy (08-14-2013), made582 (08-14-2013), Meceka (08-15-2013), Seawaters (08-14-2013), snowflake22 (08-14-2013), sugar142286 (08-14-2013), whitney37354 (08-14-2013), xmas365 (08-14-2013)
Old 08-14-2013, 02:47 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Hi festive, its been no hassel at all!! they havent cost me anything either, its part of a government scheme available to homeowners (FIT scheme) I receive pretty much all my electric free through the day and just use my supplier when its dark, the company who own the panels get paid via any stored electric which is sold to the national grid, and the grid pays them for using panels to produce electric rather than the power stations having to produce it!

sorry if i havent explained it properly. Im watching them as i type fit them to our friends house across the street hehe!! x
Sounds great!!! I think I will have to look into this! I wonder if I can find info online somewhere.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
ClaireLovesChristmas (08-14-2013), Holiday (08-14-2013), HomemakinGirl (08-14-2013), kizzy (08-14-2013), made582 (08-14-2013), Seawaters (08-14-2013), snowflake22 (08-14-2013), sugar142286 (08-14-2013), xmas365 (08-14-2013)
Old 08-14-2013, 03:39 AM
Little Snowflake
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,024 Times in 237 Posts
Cetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Good mid-morning Christmas Gang!

How are you doing?

Yesterday my yankee candles arrived! They all smell sooo great. I couldn't wait and lit the "Fruit Fusion" candle. Really smells yummy!

I'm part of a online forum dedicated to an norwegian (unfortunantely dead) youth adult book author (she wrote books from 1940-1990). This author was an amazing warm and dedicated woman, who wrote stories with morals such as friendships with people of different cultural background, taking care of animals, traveling, beeing good honest people usw.

Anyway this forum is online since 10 years and we are celebrating our anniversary this year. What started as a forum mainly to talk about that author's book became a virtual home for me. There are mostly female users (as the books are more for girls than boys) and through the years many of them became best friends with one another. Today I was reminded on what a great bunch of people they are and how grateful I can be for being a part of them.

I think this forum here is very similar to that forum. Which is way I like being here! Just wanted to state this.

Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
It makes perfect sense! I think your theory is partially correct. The reason I typed "partially" is that nowadays, needles are so small that they go in very easily.
Yes you are right. I never had problems with needles, because as a kid I had to take a medicine, which could damage the liver. Therefore my doctor checked my blood every month.

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Good morning, friend!!

I am in the same boat today-sleepy!

Let us know which recipes that you guys try =]

As far as my class goes, I'd say things I didn't expect, and I am seeing them as unfortunate. More money needed for my business, etc.

Hope you have a wonderful day!!

I'll send you some of my coffee & chocolate to keep you caffeinated enough to make it through the day!!

xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, I hope you'll find a good solution.

Yes, I'll let you know about the recipes.

Oh, chocolate is always appriciated!

I received an email from Amazon regarding old TV series. The complete nine seasons of Little House on the Prairie are on sale for almost $50 off. If I remember correctly, someone (Track?) really likes that show.
I'm a great fan of Little House on the Prairie. We have all the seasons on dvd (in German, as the rest of my family aren't fluent in English). I've been thinking about buying the US version of LHOTP for myself, but I'm not sure about the cuts. I know the German episodes were cut too, but the German production company cut them differently as the ones from the States. On the other hand there are more special (like interviews usw.) on the US Version than the German. Anyway it is too expensive at the moment.

Today is left-handers day!
Really? Didn't know there was a day for us left-handers! Now I feel very special.

Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
However, at 3:20 this morning I suddenly woke up - and I mean I was wide awake! I got up and checked to see if something had happened in the house (yes, still a bit on edge from the unwanted visitor!) but when I didn't find anything I decided to look outside again. I saw a shooting star!!!
The same thing happened to me last night. I woke up wide awake at 4:00 a.m.! Don't know why. But it is scary, isn't it? Cool that you finally saw a shooting star! Haven't seen one in many years.

Originally Posted by Bullypup View Post
Greetings friends, I'm back! I have missed this forum like you would not believe. By the time I get caught up on all that I've missed it will be time to sip eggnog.
Welcome back! Don't worry about caughting up, just jump right in. Let me tell you, caughting up here is an impossible task!

Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
Good evening!
I am going to lay down and rest while I wait for the girls to come in. I'm feeling sleepy and I don't think I will be able to keep my eyes open much longer. My husband is working on the wood floors again, I don't even think all of that noise will keep me awake. He is making progress. The kitchen and dining room floors are installed and he will finish the living room tonight.
My youngest has to be at work early tomorrow. I will wake up with her and drive her in. We scheduled her road test but its still a few weeks away. Today I also made an appointment for her to have private driving lessons to help prepare her for the road test, she will begin those lessons next week.
I hope everyone is well and had a wonderful day
I wish her a successful road test and great driving lessons.
Sleep well!

Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
Good evening,

It was a long productive day today, we went and saw Percy Jackson 2, it was better than the first one, imo, and we enjoyed it. Then we did some more back to school clothes shopping for the boys. I also got my haircut which was long overdue, even the woman who cut my hair laughed a little when she saw how long it had gotten. All I got to say is I no longer look like a human Qtip anymore, thank god.

This morning I took the boys to the Goodwill store to pick out some books, and of course I cannot go there without checking out the Christmas stuff. They had A LOT of Christmas stuff today, but I limited my purchase to 1 thing. I found a Jim Shore Christmas ornament for $4, I couldn't turn that down, even though there was a Santa that was a little more. This is the ornament here:

My wife loved it when she saw it.
This looks so beautiful, no wonder your wife loved it.

Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
Morning. I opened the window to a beautiful sunny but COLD morning! I read in the paper a few days ago that they are expecting a late autumn for us. Apprently the warm weather is due to return end of this week.

I feel a little glum today, I just need to cheer myself up. Browsing the forum will help I'm sure.

Where are you all with Autum/Fall decorating? When will you start?

I want to make an autumn wreath for the front door as we don't really get fall decorations here. I am not sure where to start! I was also thinking about getting a couple of houses from my christmas village and making a sort of Autumn/Halloween scene. This should lead nicely into the christmas season.

Happy Pines Day and Happy Milestone Day!!
We haven't decorated anything for fall yet. Guess we will in october or november (no halloween here).
Whenever there is happiness, hope you’ll be there too. Wherever there are friendly smiles, hope they’ll smile on you. Whenever there is sunshine, hope it shine especially for you. To make each day for you, as bright as it can be. from Ireland

Best Regards, Mona
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Cetacea For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (08-14-2013), Bradmac (08-14-2013), ClaireLovesChristmas (08-14-2013), Festive Spirit (08-15-2013), Holiday (08-14-2013), HomemakinGirl (08-14-2013), kizzy (08-14-2013), made582 (08-14-2013), Meceka (08-15-2013), Seawaters (08-14-2013), snowflake22 (08-14-2013), sugar142286 (08-14-2013), xmas365 (08-14-2013)
Old 08-14-2013, 04:06 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 83,232 Times in 14,040 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
Good evening,

It was a long productive day today, we went and saw Percy Jackson 2, it was better than the first one, imo, and we enjoyed it. Then we did some more back to school clothes shopping for the boys. I also got my haircut which was long overdue, even the woman who cut my hair laughed a little when she saw how long it had gotten. All I got to say is I no longer look like a human Qtip anymore, thank god.

This morning I took the boys to the Goodwill store to pick out some books, and of course I cannot go there without checking out the Christmas stuff. They had A LOT of Christmas stuff today, but I limited my purchase to 1 thing. I found a Jim Shore Christmas ornament for $4, I couldn't turn that down, even though there was a Santa that was a little more. This is the ornament here:

My wife loved it when she saw it.

I also got my Lakeside Christmas catalog in the mail today, I thumbed through it and I fell in love with this:
I know it is incredibly kitschy, but something about bubble lights bring me back to being 3 or 4 years old when I use to stare at them on our tree for periods of time. I WILL be ordering it after we get home from our vacation next week.

Good night everyone!!!
Love the ornament!! Nice find!!!!

And I like the bubble light centerpiece, too. May be a future purchase?

Old 08-14-2013, 04:08 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
Morning. I opened the window to a beautiful sunny but COLD morning! I read in the paper a few days ago that they are expecting a late autumn for us. Apprently the warm weather is due to return end of this week.

I feel a little glum today, I just need to cheer myself up. Browsing the forum will help I'm sure.

Where are you all with Autum/Fall decorating? When will you start?

I want to make an autumn wreath for the front door as we don't really get fall decorations here. I am not sure where to start! I was also thinking about getting a couple of houses from my christmas village and making a sort of Autumn/Halloween scene. This should lead nicely into the christmas season.

Happy Pines Day and Happy Milestone Day!!
Thinking of you & sending smiles and hugs, friend.

An autumn wreath on your door would be beautiful!!

Happy Pines Day & Milestone day to you, too!!!

xx

Old 08-14-2013, 04:58 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Good morning, friends!!

Hope you have a blessed day!!

xx

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376477889.112274.jpg

Bradmac (08-14-2013), Cetacea (08-14-2013), Festive Spirit (08-15-2013), Holiday (08-14-2013), HomemakinGirl (08-14-2013), kizzy (08-14-2013), made582 (08-14-2013), Seawaters (08-14-2013), sugar142286 (08-14-2013), xmas365 (08-14-2013)
Old 08-14-2013, 05:11 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Made wanted me to ask you guys to pass the collection plate around for is bail money...uh-oh!

He had a great night, and will take the scenic route home today & even stop & sample some chocolates too.

I wish I was along for that ride!!

Bradmac (08-14-2013), Cetacea (08-14-2013), ClaireLovesChristmas (08-14-2013), Festive Spirit (08-15-2013), Holiday (08-14-2013), HomemakinGirl (08-14-2013), kizzy (08-14-2013), made582 (08-14-2013), Seawaters (08-14-2013), sugar142286 (08-14-2013), whitney37354 (08-14-2013), xmas365 (08-14-2013)
Old 08-14-2013, 05:19 AM
Official MMC Countmeister

Last Achievements

Thanked 24,109 Times in 2,773 Posts
Crown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
********** MILESTONE DAY **********

A Merry Milestone Morning to each and all!

(Seems like we just passed a big Milestone and here comes another!)

Days to the Season: 91
Days to Christmas Day: 133

And thus we enter the final quarter of our voyage.
My, My, My!

The heat and humidity are still with us.
So are the temps.
And the stickiness.
(It's on days like this I'm ready to just skip the remainder of the summer and just go straight to fall.)
We show 72 degrees here at this hour.

OK!
'Pines Day.
And Carl, being mindful that today is the 3/4 Season Milestone, has a new game.
Three quarters are hidden on the grounds of the Shispering Pines. Any lucky guest who find one can turn it in for a prize at the 'Pines gift shop.
(I hope they are redeemable for more than just camel coffee mugs!)
Anyway, I look to see each and every one of you there this evening.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday, Everybody!
ballcoach (08-14-2013), Bradmac (08-14-2013), Cetacea (08-14-2013), Festive Spirit (08-15-2013), Holiday (08-14-2013), HomemakinGirl (08-14-2013), JayIsh (08-15-2013), kizzy (08-14-2013), made582 (08-14-2013), Meceka (08-15-2013), MerryCarey (08-14-2013), Seawaters (08-14-2013), snowflake22 (08-14-2013), sugar142286 (08-14-2013), xmas365 (08-14-2013)