Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,447
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,108)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
How to Make Craft...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:04 PM
44,106 Views  0 Posts
“The Great Adventure of...
By MerryCarey
05-17-2012 11:16 AM
30,980 Views  0 Posts
Celebrating Christmas in...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 10:03 PM
46,781 Views  0 Posts
Enlisting Your Kids in...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:27 PM
47,964 Views  0 Posts
My Neighbor, My Friend
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:31 PM
49,433 Views  0 Posts

Old 08-16-2013, 10:06 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 26,404 Times in 4,401 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Whew....quick trip to buy some groceries tonight and ran into some Christmas decorations....it was quite a surprise. Sams had just a few items out, but I know each time we go back there will be more.

We didn't get to go by Hobby Lobby, but we said we would next weekend. I'm already excited!

Have glove will travel
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ballcoach For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (08-17-2013), HomemakinGirl (08-17-2013), made582 (08-16-2013), Seawaters (08-16-2013), snowflake22 (08-17-2013), sugar142286 (08-17-2013), xmas365 (08-16-2013)
Old 08-16-2013, 10:10 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,385 Times in 26,566 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
Good evening,

16 short hours from now, my vacation begins!!!! We will be leaving Sunday for the Berkshires, I will be off the grid for most of the week since where we are staying has no wifi. To tell you the truth, I have had such a hard time making time for MMC lately, it's probably a good thing to just relax without any internet at all for a few days. I will miss you all though. I will be checking in tomorrow at some point after work.

I am up way too late again, my alarm will be going off in 5.5 hours.

Good night all!!!!

Goodnight, Xmas!!!!

Hope you enjoy your vacation!!!! I don't know if I could go off of the grid for most of a week. I was only gone for about 28 hours and was going crazy.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (08-17-2013), HomemakinGirl (08-17-2013), Seawaters (08-16-2013), snowflake22 (08-17-2013), sugar142286 (08-17-2013), xmas365 (08-17-2013)
Old 08-16-2013, 10:11 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,385 Times in 26,566 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by ballcoach View Post
Whew....quick trip to buy some groceries tonight and ran into some Christmas decorations....it was quite a surprise. Sams had just a few items out, but I know each time we go back there will be more.

We didn't get to go by Hobby Lobby, but we said we would next weekend. I'm already excited!

I really need to get to Hobby Lobby too!!! To bad they aren't open 24 hours a day. I'd go right now.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (08-16-2013), Festive Spirit (08-17-2013), HomemakinGirl (08-17-2013), Seawaters (08-16-2013), snowflake22 (08-17-2013), sugar142286 (08-17-2013), xmas365 (08-17-2013)
Old 08-17-2013, 02:04 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 7,980 Times in 1,270 Posts
Festive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
Morning folks! In the past here I've tried very hard to be here and be apart of the conversation but lately, I've just haven't felt much like being very chatty. Actually, I've been pretty sad and depressed for the past few weeks and It's really tearing me apart on the inside and my family on the outside.

My son (20) moved out the other week against my wifes and my wishes, to move in with his girlfriend of 6 months (21/22). It didn't go over very well and I am really struggling with this. I have always raised my kids to be close to us and to stay with us for a long while, untill they were stable in life. He's not, he gets 10 cents in his pocket and he wants to spend it...

His girlfriend is a spoiled little daddys girl (that my wife, my in-laws and I, do not like at all) and on top of it, her daddy buys her everthing she wants (he's a retired Lawyer and had his own law firm) and right now my son is living there at her townhouse for free, on his dime, sponging off of him and I'm peeved, beyond all means about this whole thing.

I love him still, I am upset at him, I want him back home, I loathe his girlfriend, but yet I'm not supposed to push him further away by lashing out for his actions....My wife keeps telling me to back off and it will play itself out but I haven't. I just don't want to let go and I am starting to drive her and my daughter bonkers with this whole thing, because I want to also punish him for hurting and not listening to us. Am I wrong for feeling that way????

I don't know really how to process all of this and I need some advice; I feel like a part of me has been torn away... Thanks~
I am so sorry to read that your are going through such a difficult time. The others have provided some wonderful advice and support. I also agree with them that it is important to continue being there for your son so he knows he can return to you after this all fizzles away.

I understand that this will be very difficult to do. All we want to do is protect our children from the time they are born. But Sometimes the best we can do is find the courage to let go and let them make their own future. Unfortunatley their path may include a few mistakes......but it may be necessary for them to go through these in order to arrive at their final destiny. I once read somewhere '' Life can only be understood backwards.'' we often don't understand current situations or see our mistakes until after. One day your son and you will reflect on this experience and perhaps understand why these series of events had to happen. Until then take comfort in knowing that you have raised your son well and remember xmastidings ''this too shall pass''..........

Praying for you and your family my friend. Don't lose faith and courage.

If you ever need a soundboard, I'm a good listener just PM me.

xx
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (08-17-2013), made582 (08-17-2013), Meceka (08-17-2013), Seawaters (08-17-2013), snowflake22 (08-17-2013), sugar142286 (08-17-2013), whitney37354 (08-19-2013), xmas365 (08-17-2013), xmastidings (08-18-2013)
Old 08-17-2013, 02:12 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Festive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Good afternoon, friends!!

Hope you're all having a great Friday so far!! TGIF!!

What are your weekend plans?

We are heading up north to my aunts and uncles cabin, my immediate family is there =] We are having one big celebration of me passing my real estate exam, Adrian's birthday, and our anniversary- which is today! 5 years!!
It should be fun. I love going to the lake!!

I attached one of my favorite wedding pics of us goofing around

Thinking of you all~

Hope you all have a beautiful weekend!!

((Hugs))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU BOTH!
A cabin near a lake sounds so cosy and fun, a perfect retreat for your family getaway and celebrations. Congratulations again on passing your real estate exam and Happy Belated Birthday to Adrian!

Cute photo, you make a beautiful couple!

Hope you are settling into things at the new job. Have a great weekend!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (08-17-2013), made582 (08-17-2013), Seawaters (08-17-2013), snowflake22 (08-17-2013), sugar142286 (08-17-2013), xmas365 (08-17-2013)
Old 08-17-2013, 02:34 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
My foot is really hurting, so I am going to sit in the recliner for a while. TTYL

Happy Anniversary, Snowflake!!!
Praying your foot feels better. You too Christmasstar! xxx

Originally Posted by sugar142286 View Post
Good afternoon, everyone! How are you all doing? I am well, just spending time with the family this afternoon, as it is my weekend off.

What are your plans for this evening? Well, we have a fun evening planned here and the kids are really excited. We're going to have a campfire and cook out on it. Then, we're going to camp out in the tent. The kids really loved it, when we did that last time, so we're going to do that again tonight. It will drop in the low 50's, but as long as we snuggle and cover up, we'll be fine!

I hope you all enjoy your evening! I will be back later to check in. Thinking of you all. God Bless and keep smiling!
Sounds like fun times ! Enjoy your much deserved weekend off with the family!

Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
Good evening, MMC!

It has been a long day today. I still have a bit more work to do, but then I can relax for the rest of the evening. Yay! The weekend is going to be very busy with work around the "farm" along with work at the store - fun stuff! If I wasn't so tired I would have gone to see my cousin's band play tonight. Hopefully he will be playing another weekend around here.

MERRY dreams!!!
Hope you get some time to relax during the weekend also, have good one!

Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Well the kids are all hyped up over their first day at school and my wife is worn out because of the first day of school!
CONGRATULATIONS on the job! Well done you! Sounds like the kids had a fun time on their first day back. Hope you and your wife gets some chilling out time one they go to bed!

Originally Posted by MerryNoel View Post
How is everyone doing tonight??? I am good... just reading some material on the new business venture I am starting.

www.steepedtea.com

I am now a consultant..and the HOLIDAY insert just came out.. YIPPEEE!
Best of luck with your new venture! Keep us updated on how it goes!

Good evening,

16 short hours from now, my vacation begins!!!! We will be leaving Sunday for the Berkshires, I will be off the grid for most of the week since where we are staying has no wifi. To tell you the truth, I have had such a hard time making time for MMC lately, it's probably a good thing to just relax without any internet at all for a few days. I will miss you all though. I will be checking in tomorrow at some point after work.

I am up way too late again, my alarm will be going off in 5.5 hours.

Good night all!!!!
Enjoy your vacation! You are right sometimes it is nice to just forget everything and clear your head. Don't worry about us , we will fill you in when you get back! Look forward to hearing all about it!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (08-17-2013), made582 (08-17-2013), Meceka (08-17-2013), Seawaters (08-17-2013), snowflake22 (08-17-2013), sugar142286 (08-17-2013), xmas365 (08-17-2013)
Old 08-17-2013, 05:19 AM
Official MMC Countmeister

Last Achievements

Thanked 24,080 Times in 2,770 Posts
Crown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintCrown 84 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good Morning, Weekenders.
The final weekend before our next Milestone.

The daily count:
Days to the Season: 88
Days to Christmas Day: 130

Five days left now until our next marker, the 2/3 Christmas Day point.
(Is it just me, or are things starting to take on that "drawing towards a close" feel?)

Fantastic weather!
Our high yesterday was about 70 with still low humidity and no rain.
Plenty of sun, too. (Felt like early October!)
Hope it lasts at least through the weekend.
We currently record 65 degrees to start this weekend morning, with clouds and a threat of rain.

Have a Sensational Saturday, Everyone
Enjoy your Weekend to the fullest!
Festive Spirit (08-19-2013), HomemakinGirl (08-17-2013), made582 (08-17-2013), Meceka (08-17-2013), MerryCarey (08-17-2013), Ryan (08-17-2013), Seawaters (08-17-2013), snowflake22 (08-17-2013), sugar142286 (08-17-2013), xmas365 (08-17-2013)
Old 08-17-2013, 05:28 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 82,644 Times in 13,933 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Happy anniversary!!!
Thanks, Xmas!!

And Lol @ the pudgy pies!!

Old 08-17-2013, 05:30 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 82,644 Times in 13,933 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU BOTH!
A cabin near a lake sounds so cosy and fun, a perfect retreat for your family getaway and celebrations. Congratulations again on passing your real estate exam and Happy Belated Birthday to Adrian!

Cute photo, you make a beautiful couple!

Hope you are settling into things at the new job. Have a great weekend!
Thanks, Festive Spirit!!

It should be a fun time

Hope you & yours have a great weekend, too!!

((Hugs))

xo

Old 08-17-2013, 05:30 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,226 Times in 12,638 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
What can we do together? I would like to crochet for a bit.
and I am learning to crochet, perfect!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (08-17-2013), made582 (08-17-2013), Ryan (08-17-2013), Seawaters (08-17-2013), snowflake22 (08-17-2013), sugar142286 (08-17-2013), xmas365 (08-17-2013)