Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,440
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Counter Point: Why There...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:38 PM
43,456 Views  0 Posts
Is it Donner or Donder?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:53 PM
48,568 Views  0 Posts
The Art of Wassail
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:19 PM
43,906 Views  0 Posts
Homemade Ornaments and...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 08:59 PM
36,062 Views  0 Posts
Ryan's Prayer
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:44 PM
54,512 Views  0 Posts

Old 08-19-2013, 09:44 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,341 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
The Lear is fired up!

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
grab the jet and come on over, fresh coffee and tea
Old 08-19-2013, 09:47 AM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
So glad to see you back. And glad you were able to get in some recreation. Take care. I know about the fatigue level. It is not fun.

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Hello all!!!

It's been nearly a month since I have been here. Here it goes, just a little whining and I will quickly find my Christmas Cheer but summer has been extremely hard on me this year! I have been knocked down big time, keeping up with the 3 grandchildren while my daughter and son-in-law work and working my other job. The fatigue level was off the charts. Cabin fever really kicked in, just way too hot to do anything outdoors.

Good news, even through all this I have had fun with the grandchildren. We have stayed busy doing lots of fun things even when I am tired. We have spent a lot of time at the library checking out books and getting involved in the activities they have there, crafts, story telling and other things. We have been going to Chuck E. Cheese and other places like that. We TRY to take the bikes out some mornings if we are lucky enough to get a comfortable morning. That has maybe happened 3 times this summer. The kids have talked about Santa and Christmas all summer long and often ask to watch Christmas shows when they are over. I LOVE IT!

My brother and his family just got back from Alaska. It was great seeing them in pictures wearing jackets in August! They also visit North Pole, Alaska and saw Santa! I am so jealous!

Okay, time for you all up north to laugh but last week we got a "cool" front. The highs in the lower 90's waking up to temps in the lower 70's. It was heaven! It made me feel better. Saturday morning Wayne and I were able to take the bikes to the lake. We rode around, parked our bikes and rented a kayak then rode our bikes back to the car. We rode nearly 4 miles on the bike and did the kayak for an hour. We had a blast and can't wait to do it again! The lake was packed since the temps were nicer.

It has been a very busy summer! School starts next week so I will just have my granddaughter and my grandsons will return to school. I should have more time on here then.

I really miss you all and think of you all often! I hope everyone is well. If anyone has some great news to share with me that I might have missed on here, please send me a message!

Have a Merry Day my Christmas Friends!
Bradmac (08-19-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (08-20-2013), Christmasstar (08-19-2013), Holiday (08-19-2013), made582 (08-19-2013), Ryan (08-19-2013), snowflake22 (08-19-2013), sugar142286 (08-19-2013), xmas365 (08-19-2013)
Old 08-19-2013, 09:52 AM

Last Achievements

So glad that your husband is okay. Blessings to you both!

Originally Posted by whitney37354 View Post
We had 81 in my senior class. The school turned 100 years old in 2012. At the rate it's going, DD will have 200+ in her senior class---9 years to go!

I haven't posted in a while, trying to get back to normal here. Two weeks ago, the day before school started, DH had a wreck on his way to work. A girl pulled out in front of him, in the rain, & he couldn't stop. His 18 year old truck was totalled. He was blessed to have only a few cuts & bruises. It could have been so much worse. They managed to miss hitting a stop sign, guardrail, & power pole, landing in a grassy ditch. DH bummed a ride to work from a neighbor/co-worker for two weeks, got tired of waiting on the insurance company, and bought a new truck on Saturday.

We are just thankful that everyone is okay. Truck was replaced, but DH couldn't be replaced. We hate that we now have two vehicle payments, but we are glad that we are still able to take the two trips we already had planned & paid for on Labor Day weekend & Fall Break. We will be extra thankful to be there this year!

DD has decided that she want to be a ninja for Halloween & she wants an XBox 360 for Christmas. DH & I will do without this Christmas & DD will get her wish (Santa will ask her to share with us!). Our Fall Break trip will also be my belated 40th birthday celebration & our pre-20th wedding anniversary celebration. Sometimes you have to combine celebrations to get to have one bigger celebration!

Long story short, we are now broke, but still blessed! Now that school is back in session, I'm ready for college football Saturdays (go Vols!) & all the end of the year holidays.
Bradmac (08-19-2013), Christmasstar (08-19-2013), Holiday (08-19-2013), made582 (08-19-2013), Ryan (08-19-2013), snowflake22 (08-19-2013), sugar142286 (08-19-2013), whitney37354 (08-20-2013), xmas365 (08-19-2013)
Old 08-19-2013, 09:59 AM

Last Achievements

It is only supposed to reach 105 degrees today. We are going to Chico to pick up a prescription, so I am sure we will either have lunch or dinner there. We still have one or two gift cards to Red Lobster, but there is also another restaurant we really like.

Bradmac, I forgot to ask about Nancy. How is she? Did you get the bug? I hate when tree limbs fall. Did you guys have any high winds?

Coach, prayers going up for all the staff and kids. I know the excitement you feel. As a kid, I had a hard time sleeping before the first day; and as a teacher, I STILL had a hard time because of all the excitement!

Time to get a bite to eat. TTYL
Bradmac (08-19-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (08-20-2013), Christmasstar (08-19-2013), Holiday (08-19-2013), made582 (08-19-2013), Ryan (08-19-2013), snowflake22 (08-19-2013), sugar142286 (08-19-2013), xmas365 (08-19-2013)
Old 08-19-2013, 10:03 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,256 Times in 26,540 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I haven't posted in a while, trying to get back to normal here. Two weeks ago, the day before school started, DH had a wreck on his way to work. A girl pulled out in front of him, in the rain, & he couldn't stop. His 18 year old truck was totalled. He was blessed to have only a few cuts & bruises. It could have been so much worse.

So glad that he is okay!!!!

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (08-19-2013), Holiday (08-19-2013), Ryan (08-19-2013), Seawaters (08-19-2013), snowflake22 (08-19-2013), sugar142286 (08-19-2013), xmas365 (08-19-2013)
Old 08-19-2013, 10:13 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,256 Times in 26,540 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
It is only supposed to reach 105 degrees today. We are going to Chico to pick up a prescription, so I am sure we will either have lunch or dinner there. We still have one or two gift cards to Red Lobster, but there is also another restaurant we really like.

Stay cool and have fun!!!!!

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (08-19-2013), Holiday (08-19-2013), Ryan (08-19-2013), Seawaters (08-19-2013), snowflake22 (08-19-2013), sugar142286 (08-19-2013), xmas365 (08-19-2013)
Old 08-19-2013, 10:23 AM

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,197 Times in 12,632 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Hello all!!!

It's been nearly a month since I have been here. Here it goes, just a little whining and I will quickly find my Christmas Cheer but summer has been extremely hard on me this year! I have been knocked down big time, keeping up with the 3 grandchildren while my daughter and son-in-law work and working my other job. The fatigue level was off the charts. Cabin fever really kicked in, just way too hot to do anything outdoors.

Good news, even through all this I have had fun with the grandchildren. We have stayed busy doing lots of fun things even when I am tired. We have spent a lot of time at the library checking out books and getting involved in the activities they have there, crafts, story telling and other things. We have been going to Chuck E. Cheese and other places like that. We TRY to take the bikes out some mornings if we are lucky enough to get a comfortable morning. That has maybe happened 3 times this summer. The kids have talked about Santa and Christmas all summer long and often ask to watch Christmas shows when they are over. I LOVE IT!

My brother and his family just got back from Alaska. It was great seeing them in pictures wearing jackets in August! They also visit North Pole, Alaska and saw Santa! I am so jealous!

Okay, time for you all up north to laugh but last week we got a "cool" front. The highs in the lower 90's waking up to temps in the lower 70's. It was heaven! It made me feel better. Saturday morning Wayne and I were able to take the bikes to the lake. We rode around, parked our bikes and rented a kayak then rode our bikes back to the car. We rode nearly 4 miles on the bike and did the kayak for an hour. We had a blast and can't wait to do it again! The lake was packed since the temps were nicer.

It has been a very busy summer! School starts next week so I will just have my granddaughter and my grandsons will return to school. I should have more time on here then.

I really miss you all and think of you all often! I hope everyone is well. If anyone has some great news to share with me that I might have missed on here, please send me a message!

Have a Merry Day my Christmas Friends!
good to see you back again! Sounds like you have had a great summer!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (08-20-2013), Holiday (08-19-2013), made582 (08-19-2013), Ryan (08-19-2013), Seawaters (08-19-2013), snowflake22 (08-19-2013), sugar142286 (08-19-2013), xmas365 (08-19-2013)
Old 08-19-2013, 10:35 AM

Last Achievements

Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
And of course I had to take a pic of the (little) Christmas Store in Put In Bay - even though they wouldn't stop the golf cart long enough for me to go in!

More Ben Franklin....

I thought these little sock purses were so cute:
Scenes at Ben Franklin:

Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio
love all the pictures, makes me long even more for Christmas and snow!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Holiday (08-19-2013), made582 (08-19-2013), Ryan (08-19-2013), Seawaters (08-19-2013), snowflake22 (08-19-2013), sugar142286 (08-19-2013), xmas365 (08-19-2013)
Old 08-19-2013, 10:48 AM

Last Achievements

We had 81 in my senior class. The school turned 100 years old in 2012. At the rate it's going, DD will have 200+ in her senior class---9 years to go!

I haven't posted in a while, trying to get back to normal here. Two weeks ago, the day before school started, DH had a wreck on his way to work. A girl pulled out in front of him, in the rain, & he couldn't stop. His 18 year old truck was totalled. He was blessed to have only a few cuts & bruises. It could have been so much worse. They managed to miss hitting a stop sign, guardrail, & power pole, landing in a grassy ditch. DH bummed a ride to work from a neighbor/co-worker for two weeks, got tired of waiting on the insurance company, and bought a new truck on Saturday.

We are just thankful that everyone is okay. Truck was replaced, but DH couldn't be replaced. We hate that we now have two vehicle payments, but we are glad that we are still able to take the two trips we already had planned & paid for on Labor Day weekend & Fall Break. We will be extra thankful to be there this year!

DD has decided that she want to be a ninja for Halloween & she wants an XBox 360 for Christmas. DH & I will do without this Christmas & DD will get her wish (Santa will ask her to share with us!). Our Fall Break trip will also be my belated 40th birthday celebration & our pre-20th wedding anniversary celebration. Sometimes you have to combine celebrations to get to have one bigger celebration!

Long story short, we are now broke, but still blessed! Now that school is back in session, I'm ready for college football Saturdays (go Vols!) & all the end of the year holidays.
oh wow, that is scary but so glad everyone is OK.
I am going to be a teenager for halloween, that way at work I can just stand around and do nothing unless a customer happens to come through my till.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Holiday (08-19-2013), made582 (08-19-2013), Ryan (08-19-2013), Seawaters (08-19-2013), snowflake22 (08-19-2013), sugar142286 (08-19-2013), whitney37354 (08-20-2013), xmas365 (08-19-2013)
Old 08-19-2013, 11:00 AM

Last Achievements

this is a truly sad and horrible story that hit our news this morning...

http://www.citynews.ca/2013/08/18/fa...n-with-autism/

this is the letter, a family member posted it on FB

I do not care how frustrated you may be, there is no excuse for threatening a special needs child and their family. This person needs to be educated and taught to understand what it is like to raise a child who is special

Last edited by Christmasstar; 08-19-2013 at 11:02 AM.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (08-19-2013), Holiday (08-19-2013), made582 (08-19-2013), Meceka (08-19-2013), Ryan (08-19-2013), Seawaters (08-19-2013), snowflake22 (08-19-2013), sugar142286 (08-19-2013), whitney37354 (08-20-2013), xmas365 (08-19-2013), Yuletide Junkie (08-19-2013)