Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » My Dutch Relatives

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,847
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,072)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 11-20-2007, 08:41 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

Ladybugkisses has shown a merry dispositionLadybugkisses has shown a merry dispositionLadybugkisses has shown a merry disposition
My Dutch Relatives

Hello all- I was hoping agaist all hope that you guys would be able to help me out. My husband is originally from the Netherlands and has only been here for the last 5 years of his 30yr old life. All of his relatives still live in Holland and while they come for frequent visits each year we still don't get the chance to see them as often as I know my husband would like. So, that's why holiday gifts are so important. Well, I would like to send my mum-in-law a gift from me and I've gone to my husband and asked and even flat out asked my mum-in-law and neither one have been any help. Time as you know is short especially for me since I have to send this box all the way back to Holland in hopes that it gets there on time.

I surely would appreciate any suggestions on gift ideas.

Thanks
Latoya

Old 11-21-2007, 02:09 AM
Christmasologist

kerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Maybe you could make a film (DVD or video) with a personal message to your mother-in-law and get the rest of your family to also say a few words on film. Or record a bit of your family life so she can be a part of it long distance. That would make a very personal and heart warming gift.

Or you could put together a photo album/scrap book with pictures from your family's life in the US. But that will take too much time perhaps. You can consider this for her birthday or mother's day.

Good luck !
Old 11-21-2007, 02:46 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

HollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elf
holly

The scrapbook idea is great. Also you can put together a package of things of local interest for when they come for a visit and send it to her and then plan a trip for just you, your hubby and his family to go an excursion next time they visit. THat way he will get to spend time with them and also have the chance to show them the other side of his life. Also anything homemade is always appreciated and loved more because you put your time into it. I also liked the idea of the DVD. Here's another idea, do a bi- monthly newsletter through the year to let his family know the comings and goings in your household- include little pictures and whatnot so they feel they are part of your lives even though they are far away. Find something you know they like that isn't availabe in Holland (like foody treats) and send them some of that.