Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Movies » Not so famous Cmas movies

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Movies From 100+ year old silent films to new releases here we discussed the good, the bad and the ugly of Christmas at the movies.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,225
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,420)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 08-14-2013, 12:06 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,067 Times in 384 Posts
Yuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elf
Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
I love The Holiday too! xx
We alternate "Love Actually" & "The Holiday" on a bi-annual basis. There's always something to look forward to seeing the following year!

Old 08-15-2013, 06:41 AM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,146 Times in 706 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
The Family Stone is one of my faves; it's so heartwarming. I love While You Were Sleeping as well. (:

Desk Set with Katherine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy. - While it's not 'really' a Christmas movie, there is a scene in it.

Little House on the Prairie - Christmas At Plum Creek - Love this!
Old 08-15-2013, 12:20 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,067 Times in 384 Posts
Yuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elf
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
"We're No Angels"--- don't miss this one! (the one from the 1950s with Humphrey Bogart)
"Star in the Night" (a short subject; it's an extra on the "Christmas in Connecticut" DVD)---an Oscar winner and one of my top favorites
"Beyond Tomorrow" (aka "Beyond Christmas")
The 1935 British version of "A Christmas Carol" (aka "Scrooge") starring Seymour Hicks
"The Christmas Toy"---a Jim Henson production from the 1980s that always chokes me up
"The Box of Delights"---a six-part British TV adaptation of a children's novel that is (unfortunately) available only in PAL
"The Christmas that Almost Wasn't"---made for the kiddie matinee trade in the 1960s, it's cheaply made, but delightful
I'll be back if I think of some more!
The television ads for "The Christmas That Almost Wasn't" were as much unintentional fun as the movie is in spots. The announcer, "...this Saturday...half pause...& Sunday...half pause... at a theater near you." It sounded a little robotic.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:35 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 39,177 Times in 6,086 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Yuletide Junkie View Post
The television ads for "The Christmas That Almost Wasn't" were as much unintentional fun as the movie is in spots. The announcer, "...this Saturday...half pause...& Sunday...half pause... at a theater near you." It sounded a little robotic.
Sounds to me like it was recorded so the TV station could easily edit out "and Sunday" ... or merely cut the sound for those three syllables.

I forgot another good movie that I watched again recently: "The Great Rupert" (aka "The Christmas Wish"), starring the wonderful Jimmy Durante (for you youngsters, he narrates the Rankin-Bass "Frosty the Snowman").

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following User Says Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
XmasDreams (08-15-2013)
Old 08-15-2013, 03:07 PM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,146 Times in 706 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
Ooh, almost forgot one. - The Man in the Santa Claus Suit.
Fred Astaire, Gary Burghoff (Radar/MASH), and Burt Convy.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:32 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

Woody67 has shown a merry disposition
There is a Finnish film dubbed in English called Christmas Story that tell a bittersweet origin of Santa Claus that I really enjoy. It was made in 2007 and came out on DVD in 2009 and is available on Amazon.com

Here's a link to the trailer.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0772176/

Highly recommend.
The Following User Says Thank You to Woody67 For This Useful Post:
drkmater (09-06-2013)