Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » The Christmas itch has begun!!!!!

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,451
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,178)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Never Swear in Front of...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:35 PM
43,471 Views  0 Posts
“On the Feast of...
By MerryCarey
05-21-2012 11:11 AM
30,115 Views  0 Posts
The Nutcracker
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:34 PM
50,220 Views  0 Posts
Elf (Movie Review)
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:23 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
11-18-2013 07:29 AM
61,307 Views  3 Posts
22 16x16 Great Debates: Christmas...
By MMC Editor
10-28-2011 08:41 AM
55,390 Views  0 Posts

Old 08-21-2013, 07:05 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,642 Times in 4,416 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Seeing the fall decorations for sale in all the stores gets me in the Christmas mood...LOL. Even though it's still hot around here into late October, the sights and smells of fall get me revved up for Christmas.

I keep a "Mulled Cider" candle on my desk with a cap on it, and I take a quick whiff when I occasionally need reminding that the best time of year is coming!
Festive Spirit (08-21-2013), Holiday (08-21-2013), Minta (08-31-2013), Ryan (08-22-2013), snowflake22 (08-21-2013), trackrebel (08-21-2013), VictoriaLT (08-22-2013), XmasDreams (08-21-2013)
Old 08-21-2013, 07:56 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,360 Times in 3,121 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
santahat

Originally Posted by Yuletide Junkie View Post
The Christmas Itch hits in August. A little here and there when I least expect it. That having been said, I am not ready for Summer's warmth to pack it in for the season, yet.
Originally Posted by sublimesting View Post
Me too! I thought it was just me. But what I think triggers it is the pending arrival of the fall season. I start celebrating on September 1st my favorite time of the year: The 'Ber Months. September though December. To me it's all the holiday season! The weather changes, leaves start to fall, clouds get gray and lower in the sky, things start to die and it's harvest time. The days get shorter and darkness creeps in. And with that brings the cozy feelings of being nestled inside with my family. I start to decorate for the fall at the end of August and get rolling on Halloween in mid-September. After that we slide right into crisp cold weather and Thanksgiving. By now the leaves are just about gone and, if we're lucky we start getting some snow. A few days before Thanksgiving I put my tree up as it takes about 19 hours to do (a few days). By Thanksgiving night I am all ready, as Elton John says, to step into Christmas!
I agree 100% with all of this!!! And as much as I LOVE all the things mentioned by sublimesting, I'm not ready for summers warmth, extra daylight, boating season, grilling season to leave us!! It's a good thing we have so much to look foward too, or I would be really depressed! Lol! I just know what comes after December & how much by January I will want it to be summer again. Always want what we can't have! BUT until then, I am going to enjoy every last minute of summer & every minute of the holiday anticipation!!! (which has already started...) It seems like I have to really enjoy the build up - August, September, October, & pre-Thanksgiving b/c once Thanksgiving hits, it's all a blurr!!! I always have good intentions of reading all these Christmas books, and I always want to wait until closer to Christmas! But it never happens b/c there are just so many other Christmassy things to do!! SO BUSY!!! And FUN!!!!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (08-21-2013), Festive Spirit (08-21-2013), MerryCarey (08-21-2013), Minta (08-31-2013), Ryan (08-22-2013), snowflake22 (08-21-2013), trackrebel (08-21-2013), XmasDreams (08-21-2013), Yuletide Junkie (08-21-2013)
Old 08-21-2013, 08:33 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

mommyby3 has shown a merry dispositionmommyby3 has shown a merry dispositionmommyby3 has shown a merry dispositionmommyby3 has shown a merry dispositionmommyby3 has shown a merry disposition
The start of Sept is when I really start getting impatient. The kids are back in school so I have time to plan, shop and dream of what I want to do this year. Not only for Christmas but for Thanksgiving and Halloween too!!
My kids start back next Monday, so I plan to take one day next week and get all my planners up to date so I can jump in when I'm ready
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mommyby3 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (08-21-2013), Holiday (08-21-2013), Minta (08-31-2013), Ryan (08-22-2013), snowflake22 (08-21-2013), trackrebel (08-21-2013), XmasDreams (08-21-2013)
Old 08-21-2013, 08:35 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 7,985 Times in 1,273 Posts
Festive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
I agree 100% with all of this!!! And as much as I LOVE all the things mentioned by sublimesting, I'm not ready for summers warmth, extra daylight, boating season, grilling season to leave us!! It's a good thing we have so much to look foward too, or I would be really depressed! Lol! I just know what comes after December & how much by January I will want it to be summer again. Always want what we can't have! BUT until then, I am going to enjoy every last minute of summer & every minute of the holiday anticipation!!! (which has already started...) It seems like I have to really enjoy the build up - August, September, October, & pre-Thanksgiving b/c once Thanksgiving hits, it's all a blurr!!! I always have good intentions of reading all these Christmas books, and I always want to wait until closer to Christmas! But it never happens b/c there are just so many other Christmassy things to do!! SO BUSY!!! And FUN!!!!
I'm the same. As much as I love autumn I'm always sad to see summer end especially this summer becasue we actually got some sun and warmth lol. Anyway , the excitement for all the end of year holidays keeps me in high spirits. It's January that's the worse and then I am anxious for the start of spring for a bit of change.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (08-21-2013), Holiday (08-21-2013), Minta (08-31-2013), Ryan (08-22-2013), snowflake22 (08-21-2013), trackrebel (08-21-2013)
Old 08-21-2013, 09:12 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

sublimesting has shown a merry dispositionsublimesting has shown a merry dispositionsublimesting has shown a merry disposition
HA HA! I agree with your agreeance of me! Christmas is a speedy blue and I also always intend to read a stack of Christmas books that I always wait until closer to Christmas to get to and I never get past the early pages of A Christmas Carol. But every year I buy more...especially more versions of this! This year I got an annotated version and I'll tell ya what I have decided I am going to start the minute Halloween is over.
And yes, I am not ready for summer and my beautiful mutch waited for and anticipated armth to leave me (although it hasn't been much of a warm summer for us). And oh, January hits like a desolate, bleak ice storm and I start counting down until March/April when greenery and bunnies return. But until then, here we are on the verge of holiday time, the most wonderful time of the year!!!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sublimesting For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (08-21-2013), Festive Spirit (08-21-2013), Holiday (08-21-2013), Minta (08-31-2013), Ryan (08-22-2013), snowflake22 (08-21-2013)
Old 08-21-2013, 09:42 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,358 Times in 5,604 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
My thinking matches yours on these things! As much as I enjoy the run-up to Christmas, I hate leaving the long daylight and warmth behind for months on end. If spring could come about three or four weeks after New Year's ... that would work for me!

I'm not ready for summers warmth, extra daylight, boating season, grilling season to leave us!! It's a good thing we have so much to look foward too, or I would be really depressed! Lol! I just know what comes after December & how much by January I will want it to be summer again. Always want what we can't have! BUT until then, I am going to enjoy every last minute of summer & every minute of the holiday anticipation!!! (which has already started...)
Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
I'm the same. As much as I love autumn I'm always sad to see summer end especially this summer becasue we actually got some sun and warmth lol. Anyway , the excitement for all the end of year holidays keeps me in high spirits. It's January that's the worse and then I am anxious for the start of spring for a bit of change.
And yes, I am not ready for summer and my beautiful mutch waited for and anticipated armth to leave me (although it hasn't been much of a warm summer for us). And oh, January hits like a desolate, bleak ice storm and I start counting down until March/April when greenery and bunnies return. But until then, here we are on the verge of holiday time, the most wonderful time of the year!!!!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Holiday (08-21-2013), Minta (08-31-2013), Ryan (08-22-2013), snowflake22 (08-21-2013)
Old 08-21-2013, 12:04 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Yuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elf
I resemble your Christmas books remark. There are yuletide tomes that have been on my shelf unread for far too many seasons. Perhaps this will be the year I make good on my intentions.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:53 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 26,412 Times in 4,401 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Bullypup View Post
I could not have said it better myself! There is something about August that gets me revved up for Christmas. I know that at some point next month we will start to see Christmas stuff in the stores. Kids are back in school here today and that's one of my "mile markers" telling me we are that much closer. Thanks for this wonderful post.
Bullypup....good to see you! It's been a while, friend!

Have glove will travel
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ballcoach For This Useful Post:
Holiday (08-22-2013), Minta (08-31-2013), Ryan (08-22-2013), snowflake22 (08-21-2013), XmasDreams (08-22-2013)
Old 08-22-2013, 07:28 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,360 Times in 3,121 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
santahat

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
My thinking matches yours on these things! As much as I enjoy the run-up to Christmas, I hate leaving the long daylight and warmth behind for months on end. If spring could come about three or four weeks after New Year's ... that would work for me!
Agreed!!! I could do 3-4 weeks of beautiful snow in January...then bring on spring, longer days, & warm weather!!!

HA HA! I agree with your agreeance of me! Christmas is a speedy blue and I also always intend to read a stack of Christmas books that I always wait until closer to Christmas to get to and I never get past the early pages of A Christmas Carol. But every year I buy more...especially more versions of this! This year I got an annotated version and I'll tell ya what I have decided I am going to start the minute Halloween is over.
Originally Posted by Yuletide Junkie View Post
I resemble your Christmas books remark. There are yuletide tomes that have been on my shelf unread for far too many seasons. Perhaps this will be the year I make good on my intentions.
Maybe we should start reading NOW!!! Actually, I did start reading Redbird Christmas, but it came due back to the library! (Kindle lending) I have read it before though! Time for a new one!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
MerryCarey (08-22-2013), Minta (08-31-2013), Ryan (08-22-2013), XmasDreams (08-22-2013), Yuletide Junkie (08-22-2013)
Old 08-22-2013, 07:40 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,895 Times in 2,720 Posts
Ryan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa envious
Hello everyone. Yes, the Christmas alarm goes off in August for me. Especially when the kids start school (which they did last week). I actually start hearing "distant rumblings" of Christmas in late July. With each passing week of August and September, it increases. By October I'm in full blown Christmas mode listening to music, looking at decorations, etc. I do love Halloween, but I sort of roll all the fall/winter holidays together as one big, long festive season (obviously not the spiritual side of Christmas which really kicks off with Advent, but as far as the festive season, it starts in October...if that makes any sense).

But I'm with MerryCarey...after New Years, I'm pretty much ready for Spring. Around here, I don't have to wait long as March usually warms up considerably. I love summer, but once July is over, I'm done and ready for fall!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
'Tis the season (08-25-2013), Bradmac (08-22-2013), Holiday (08-22-2013), MerryCarey (08-22-2013), Minta (08-31-2013), XmasDreams (08-22-2013)