Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Around the World » UK Christmas Markets Dates

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Around the World These Merry Forums now support members from all over the world. We have many active members from the UK, Australia, South America, Canada and all over Europe. Since most of our areas tend to concentrate on the American traditions of Christmas we dedicate this area for discussion of Christmas around the world.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,228
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,429)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 08-30-2013, 03:24 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,638 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
Christmas Tree UK Christmas Markets Dates

Hello fellow UK christmas lovers,

I was delighted to see that the dates for the Christmas markets around the UK have been released.

Here is the link http://www.christmasmarkets.com/UK.html

I love visiting the christmas markets and this year I hope I can visit a few more different towns. I love the festive atmosphere, the food and drink and everyone being merry.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
'Tis the season (09-02-2013), XmasDreams (08-30-2013)

Old 08-30-2013, 07:15 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 39,188 Times in 6,088 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
This sounds like a wonderful tradition. Does anyone know if similar markets/fairs are held in the U.S.? I mean a street market or fair, as opposed to a Christmas store. These remind me a bit of the farmers' markets we have in the summertime, where local farmers and craftspeople sell their produce and wares from booths and tents.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
kizzy (09-02-2013), XmasDreams (08-30-2013)
Old 08-30-2013, 07:58 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,500 Times in 1,598 Posts
XmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
This sounds like a wonderful tradition. Does anyone know if similar markets/fairs are held in the U.S.? I mean a street market or fair, as opposed to a Christmas store. These remind me a bit of the farmers' markets we have in the summertime, where local farmers and craftspeople sell their produce and wares from booths and tents.

Here is a few of them that are sorta of famous that I posted about this year. Bound to be others but those are the only ones i ever knew about.

http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=51353

http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=51351

http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=51352

Hester, Pat (2013-11-14). Christmas Mall Follies (p. 56). . Kindle Edition.
The Following User Says Thank You to XmasDreams For This Useful Post:
MerryCarey (08-30-2013)
Old 08-30-2013, 08:05 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

XmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the treeXmasDreams you could wrap up and put under the tree
A few other things we have here in TN is

IN murferessboro Tn. It is really decked out with the look and feel and takes about 20 30 mins to walk through.

The marketplace is a re-enactment of how the village of Bethlehem might have appeared just after the birth of Jesus.

Featuring Roman soldiers, live camels and other animals, tentmakers, weavers, carpenters, merchants, the village is performed entirely by church members in period costumes.

in Franklin Tn we have Dickens of Christmas

http://www.historicfranklin.com/even...of-a-christmas

The Following User Says Thank You to XmasDreams For This Useful Post:
MerryCarey (08-30-2013)
Old 08-30-2013, 09:19 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
These sound great ... if only there were some like these closer to home! I'll have to keep my eyes and ears open.

The one in Murfreesboro sounds like a Renaissance Festival, but for Roman times. The Dickens festival sounds delightful!

Originally Posted by XmasDreams View Post
A few other things we have here in TN is

IN murferessboro Tn. It is really decked out with the look and feel and takes about 20 30 mins to walk through.

The marketplace is a re-enactment of how the village of Bethlehem might have appeared just after the birth of Jesus.

Featuring Roman soldiers, live camels and other animals, tentmakers, weavers, carpenters, merchants, the village is performed entirely by church members in period costumes.

in Franklin Tn we have Dickens of Christmas

http://www.historicfranklin.com/even...of-a-christmas

kizzy (09-02-2013), XmasDreams (08-30-2013)
Old 08-30-2013, 09:26 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Boston i think has a downtown Christmas market place at least heard about it once when i still lived in Maine.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:04 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by XmasDreams View Post
Boston i think has a downtown Christmas market place at least heard about it once when i still lived in Maine.
I'll have to Google around for that. That's definitely a possibility.

In lieu of a Christmas market, I usually visit the local garden supply store, which goes all-Christmas shortly after Halloween---artificial trees, ornaments, Christmas figures and villages, lighting, decor ... all sorts of Christmas stuff, but it doesn't have that street feel with multiple vendors.

aleighanne (09-16-2013), XmasDreams (08-30-2013)
Old 09-02-2013, 12:34 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

kizzy is a good elfkizzy is a good elfkizzy is a good elfkizzy is a good elfkizzy is a good elfkizzy is a good elfkizzy is a good elfkizzy is a good elf
Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
Hello fellow UK christmas lovers,

I was delighted to see that the dates for the Christmas markets around the UK have been released.

Here is the link http://www.christmasmarkets.com/UK.html

I love visiting the christmas markets and this year I hope I can visit a few more different towns. I love the festive atmosphere, the food and drink and everyone being merry.

I love Christmas Markets! and with my shop we will be at a few Telford, Welsh Winter fair and hopefully Salisbury! I really want to get accepted to have a place on the Southbanks in London. LOVE IT!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kizzy For This Useful Post:
aleighanne (09-16-2013), Festive Spirit (09-02-2013)
Old 09-02-2013, 02:39 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Yes the markets are a wonderful festive event that I look forward to every year! I hope you manage to find one near you or similar.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
aleighanne (09-16-2013), Cetacea (09-26-2013), kizzy (09-05-2013)
Old 09-02-2013, 02:52 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by kizzy View Post
I love Christmas Markets! and with my shop we will be at a few Telford, Welsh Winter fair and hopefully Salisbury! I really want to get accepted to have a place on the Southbanks in London. LOVE IT!
Must be so much fun!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
aleighanne (09-16-2013), kizzy (09-05-2013)