Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Movies » What Are Your Thoughts on "Arthur Christmas"?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Movies From 100+ year old silent films to new releases here we discussed the good, the bad and the ugly of Christmas at the movies.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,081
Threads: 53,861
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,290)
Welcome to our newest member, Blitz

Old 04-13-2013, 04:06 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,328 Times in 13,288 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
your review makes me want to see this movie!!!
thank you, you will love it!

Old 04-13-2013, 07:19 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,352 Times in 4,546 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I kinda enjoyed it...just kinda. If it's on during the Christmas season, I'd watch it....I actually taped it not too long ago....

It's gotta good laugh to it...

Have glove will travel
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ballcoach For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (11-15-2013), Ryan (11-15-2013), XmasDreams (04-14-2013)
Old 04-21-2013, 11:20 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

emski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elf
We really enjoyed the movie and all laughed out loud.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski4379 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (11-15-2013), Ryan (11-15-2013)
Old 08-20-2013, 03:40 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,655 Times in 417 Posts
VictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnog
I watched it right before Christmas last year and I loved it! Arthur was SO cute, and I found his efforts to bring that bike for the child to be very selfless. :] And there were many parts where I was 'awwww' all the time. ^^ I wish I would find the DVD this year so I could buy it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VictoriaLT For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

drkmater has shown a merry disposition
I was so psyched to watch it last Christmas. I had waited a full year, to see it on bluray. It was even the main attraction on movie night. (An honor in my house.)

And pretty much hated it. (This from a guy, who loves Hallmark Christmas movies.)

I'm not sure why. It just felt flat. I definitely need to watch it again, maybe I'll enjoy it more, with a second viewing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drkmater For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2013, 03:57 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
I really liked it. Yes, it was different but in a nice way.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:42 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 21,409 Times in 2,958 Posts
Ryan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I felt it dragged a bit but wasn't bad. It is not my favorite but I did get a kick out of grandpa Santa. He had some great lines!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (11-15-2013)
Old 11-15-2013, 04:06 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,583 Times in 1,116 Posts
Virginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the tree
Loved it!! Good and quirky!! Graphics and sound effects really good, storyline lots of fun.