Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,440
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Gift My Brother...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:03 PM
45,746 Views  0 Posts
My 12 Days of Christmas
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 11:27 PM
54,197 Views  0 Posts
The 12 (Easy) Ways of...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:52 PM
45,106 Views  0 Posts
Top Ten Things Santa...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:07 PM
50,429 Views  0 Posts
"The Boy with the Box"...
By MerryCarey
10-26-2011 08:17 AM
0 Posts

Old 09-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,197 Times in 12,632 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Good Thursday morning, my Christmas friends!

Today is Jacob's 16th birthday! And he's very proud of himself LOL. We're having a family get-together tonight at home, then a buddy of his is spending the night tomorrow night. Well, the boys are older now, so his buddy is "crashing at Jacob's place" Friday night, not "spending the night with Jacob." I expect to hear guitars till 3 in the morning.

I took Nancy to Jim's shop to see the latest Camaro, and she was actually impressed. Jim and I plan to start sanding the body this weekend, preparing for a primer-coat.

I hope y'all have a great day!
Happy birthday to Jacob! Hope you all hav a great day celebrating.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (09-05-2013), Festive Spirit (09-06-2013), made582 (09-05-2013), Ryan (09-05-2013), Seawaters (09-05-2013), snowflake22 (09-05-2013), xmas365 (09-05-2013)
Old 09-05-2013, 11:20 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,255 Times in 26,540 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
(Going to attempt to pop in off and on today to catch any post I missed. Wish me luck!)

I thought I was dreaming when I saw how much you have posted today!!!!!

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (09-05-2013), Christmasstar (09-05-2013), Festive Spirit (09-06-2013), Ryan (09-05-2013), Seawaters (09-05-2013), snowflake22 (09-05-2013), xmas365 (09-05-2013)
Old 09-05-2013, 11:21 AM

Last Achievements

Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Good morning, friends!!

Hope you are all having a great day so far!

Harlowe seems to be doing better, thank God. She still isn't 100%, but is much better than last night. She is no longer getting sick, and is starting to eat and drink a little. Thanks for thinking of her 💛

I am having trouble catching up on my computer, I keep getting kicked out or referred to the platinum membership page :/ Not sure if they are working on the site, or not. Anyone else having the same trouble?

I will check back & catch up later!

Thinking of you all~
I had trouble getting on here for awhile too.
Glad your wee dog is feeling better again!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (09-06-2013), made582 (09-05-2013), Ryan (09-05-2013), Seawaters (09-05-2013), snowflake22 (09-05-2013), xmas365 (09-05-2013)
Old 09-05-2013, 11:23 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,474 Times in 9,043 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by made582 View Post
I thought I was dreaming when I saw how much you have posted today!!!!!
Just like me having to wake up from my dream of it snowing, I am sure you will wake up in a few and realize that I never made it on here today.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (09-05-2013), Festive Spirit (09-06-2013), made582 (09-05-2013), Ryan (09-05-2013), Seawaters (09-05-2013), snowflake22 (09-05-2013), whitney37354 (09-09-2013), xmas365 (09-05-2013)

Last Achievements

made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Good morning, friends!!

Hope you are all having a great day so far!

Harlowe seems to be doing better, thank God. She still isn't 100%, but is much better than last night. She is no longer getting sick, and is starting to eat and drink a little. Thanks for thinking of her 💛

I am having trouble catching up on my computer, I keep getting kicked out or referred to the platinum membership page :/ Not sure if they are working on the site, or not. Anyone else having the same trouble?

I will check back & catch up later!

Thinking of you all~

xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad Harlowe is doing better this morning. I've been thinking about you two.

The site was acting up for me too when I got home from shopping. I think the server saw how much CAH was posting and couldn't believe it either!!!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (09-05-2013), Festive Spirit (09-06-2013), Seawaters (09-05-2013), snowflake22 (09-05-2013), whitney37354 (09-09-2013), xmas365 (09-05-2013)

Last Achievements

off again, my daughter got tickets to see the play Tommy this afternoon for my birthday.
Enjoy the afternoon everyone!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (09-05-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (09-05-2013), Festive Spirit (09-06-2013), made582 (09-05-2013), Seawaters (09-05-2013), snowflake22 (09-05-2013), xmas365 (09-05-2013)
Old 09-05-2013, 11:24 AM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Just like me having to wake up from my dream of it snowing, I am sure you will wake up in a few and realize that I never made it on here today.

I hope not!!!! I miss my dishwasher!!!!!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (09-05-2013), Christmasstar (09-05-2013), Festive Spirit (09-06-2013), Seawaters (09-05-2013), snowflake22 (09-05-2013), xmas365 (09-05-2013)
Old 09-05-2013, 11:24 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 82,450 Times in 13,896 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
present

Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
She is in my thoughts.
Thank you, xmas.

Originally Posted by Solice View Post
Good morning!

It's been a cold night here. Brrr....
But it's going to be a warm day!

I guess we can expect the first snowfall next month as usual!
Can't wait!!! =)

Beautiful Harlowe is in my thoughts and prayers! ♥ {HUGS}

Thanks, Solice!!

xoxo

Wow! You lucky one! ♥

Love it Made! You did a GREAT job decorating! ♥

Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
Merry Morning! I have not been able to catch up with all posts although I have managed to skim through a few. Another busy day here today. I really must find some time to spray paint my pine cones. I wanted to make an autumn wreath for my front door but haven't been able to put any work into that either.
Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post

Have a wonderful day everyone.

MADE - Your decorations look fantastic!

SNOWFLAKE - I hope Harlowe is feeling much better this morning, could it be a side effect from her vaccine the other day?

Thanks, Festive!! She seems to be doing better. Fingers crossed.
I thought about that, too. Maybe? She didn't react that way last time, but anything is possible. I also wonder if she could've picked up something at the vet's office? Either way, I appreciate all of your thoughts & prayers!

xx

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
have a nice time with hubby before he leaves.
thinking about you and Harlowe, sounds like some unagreeable was eaten.
Thanks, CS! She wasn't eating much, wasn't interested- like she didn't feel well. Could've been empty, too. Thanks for your thoughts!

How was the rest of your birthday? How did you spend your day?

Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post

Time does fly by so quickly, that it will make your head spin. Enjoy every moment with them and relish the evenings helping them with homework, projects and school activities. We were envolved in their school and that was really important to them.

My daughter is now in her 2nd year of college and my son is in the Air National Guard. He had left home a month ago (moved out, he was not very happy) and now, thank god, he is in the cusp of coming back home again. We have been talking (my wife and I) with him and he has agreed to come back home next week (I'm praying that he does). Until he does, I will still feel the emptyness in my heart, that I have had for the past month.

You don't realize sometimes, just how much you need them, as much as they need you, until their gone... enjoy every moment and hold it close to your heart. Because before you know it, the time has past by, and they will have left the nest~
Glad you guys have been communicating, and that he is on his way back home!

((Hugs))

are you sure????

Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
I have had sooo much going on im my life, one issue after another, that I was not in the heart to share this additional thing with everyone.

The other week, we were about 20 minutes away from leaving the house to move our daughter into her college dorm, and I went downstairs to the basement to check the back door, when I discovered that my daughters bunny was not acting right. I picked her up and wrapped her in a blanket and called my wife and daughter and we took her to the vets. While we were there at the vets, she had a she had died while they were working on her, she was 7 years old and her name was "Bunny B" or Mrs B or just B, as we called her.

She was a dwarf bunny and she was 7 years is an old age for that type of rabbit. Vicki had gotten her when she was in middle school 6 or 7th grade and B was so personable, she loved chips, cereal, she would lay on the couch with us and watch tv, she loved to have her head rubbed and was also litter box trained.

Vicki was so upset, crying, which got me all upset, what timing, the day of her leaving home. B is now buried under a young oak tree that I planted in the yard.
I'm so very sorry for your loss, friend. I remember you telling us fun stories about Bunny B. <3 Thinking about you all, and sending love, hugs, and prayers.

xx

Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Good morning friends. About to head into work. Hope you all have a great day! And hope everyone has recovered from the Pines last night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Hope you have a great second day!!

It was 5 months ago today that our dear Christmas angle Caninemom, Louann left us.

We miss you here
Very beautiful, CS. Thank you for sharing <3
Cm3 would've loved that video. Miss her so much!

Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Good Thursday morning, my Christmas friends!

Today is Jacob's 16th birthday! And he's very proud of himself LOL. We're having a family get-together tonight at home, then a buddy of his is spending the night tomorrow night. Well, the boys are older now, so his buddy is "crashing at Jacob's place" Friday night, not "spending the night with Jacob." I expect to hear guitars till 3 in the morning.

I took Nancy to Jim's shop to see the latest Camaro, and she was actually impressed. Jim and I plan to start sanding the body this weekend, preparing for a primer-coat.

I hope y'all have a great day!
Happy 16th Birthday to Jacob!!
Old 09-05-2013, 11:26 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,474 Times in 9,043 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I hope not!!!! I miss my dishwasher!!!!!
If they actually got washed, that was just a dream too!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (09-05-2013), made582 (09-05-2013), Ryan (09-05-2013), Seawaters (09-05-2013), snowflake22 (09-05-2013), xmas365 (09-05-2013)
Old 09-05-2013, 11:26 AM

Last Achievements

Yes, bring it on!!!!!
ok
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (09-05-2013), Festive Spirit (09-06-2013), made582 (09-05-2013), Seawaters (09-05-2013), snowflake22 (09-05-2013), xmas365 (09-05-2013)