Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,438
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Defined
By MMC Editor
05-01-2002 10:19 PM
Last post by JeanetteDi
09-20-2011 08:20 AM
59,126 Views  1 Posts
When It is Not Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:26 PM
44,268 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2002
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 10:57 PM
35,628 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 Yes, Virginia -- There...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 01:39 PM
0 Posts
present The Delicate Art of...
By MMC Editor
09-13-2011 12:12 AM
46,105 Views  0 Posts

Old 09-10-2013, 09:39 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 7,975 Times in 1,269 Posts
Festive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
I am sitting here with a cup of Pumpkin Spice coffee that I just brewed in the Keurig. We have the whole house fan on, so it feels cool in here, even fall-like!!! I have some of my packing done (will only be gone for a day) and will try to get finished reading the posts! We are going to Yreka for an Elks meeting and dinner. We will meet friends for breakfast at Hungry George's tomorrow morning before heading for home. TTYL
I'd love to try pumpkin spice coffee, I liek anything pumpkin. Have a good time at the meeting and dinner. Enjoy the trip!

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Good morning, friends!!

Just a quick hello, thinking of you all.

Harlowe seems to be doing better today, thank you all for the thoughts & prayers. Please keep them coming! <3

We had a nice visit with our friends yesterday, but Harlowe didn't know what to make of the big dog that came with them =] He is a very sweet golden retriever, but was a little too rambunctious & frightened her, I think a lot has to do with his size, too. Add not feeling the greatest on top of it, well... we were going to keep him outside, but it was 95 degrees & 100% humidity, so he needed to come in.

All in all, it was a nice day.

I am still catching up here, and will be throughout later this afternoon & evening. Sending lots of hugs to you, Christmas buddies. Take care!

Have a blessed day!!
I am relieved to hear she is doing better. It must have been really good to spend time with your friends.

Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
Good morning!!! Hope you all are doing well! Not much going on at work today. Usually Wednesday is my slowest day of the week....could be a looong week! (at work!) It is already super hot & sticky outside so I'm happy to be in the AC (and wearing my sweatshirt! ) I wore a tank top for our morning walk today - Sept. 10th & still wearing tank tops at 5:30 am! That's unusual!!! We might have ice cream for supper tonight! Hubby won't want anything warm after working outside all day!! And I haven't been to the ice cream store in town alll summer & it's about to close for the year! EEK!!!!

Make it a great day!

Yeah I agree, you can't let the cream shop close without having some!

Originally Posted by Kimothy View Post
Holiday~

I know!!!!!!! I LOVE Fall and Thanksgiving and CHRISTMAS!!
Me too!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Holiday (09-10-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-10-2013), made582 (09-10-2013), Ryan (09-10-2013), Seawaters (09-10-2013), snowflake22 (09-10-2013), sugar142286 (09-10-2013), xmas365 (09-10-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 09:41 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 82,448 Times in 13,896 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
present

Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
Hello everyone! Just had to share that on a girls' weekend away I just went on I found a Christmas shop! It's in a large town about 3 hours drive from where we live. It's in a lovely wine growing area surrounded by gentle hills. It was a fabulous weekend and finding the Christmas shop just capped it off!! The shop was full of decorations, trees, ornaments...just everything! While the others spent their time spending money in clothes/jewellery, gift or book shops, I spent all mine in the Christmas shop. What a great way to spend a lovely weekend.
How wonderful that must've been!! What a lovely surprise!!
Old 09-10-2013, 09:42 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,341 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I will. Just sign a few checks first because I received my Terry's Village catalog in the mail last week!

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
I just got the new Terry's Village christmas catalog in the mail. Can someone please come take my credit cards and checkbook for safe keeping!!!! I haven't even looked past the first couple of pages and I'm already searching for the keys to the safe to get them out.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:50 AM
North Pole's RN

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,932 Times in 13,211 Posts
sugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Anyone want to come help me do my cleaning? Made? CAH?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
- Burton Hillis
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sugar142286 For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (09-10-2013), Bradmac (09-10-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (09-10-2013), Holiday (09-10-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-10-2013), made582 (09-10-2013), Ryan (09-10-2013), Seawaters (09-10-2013), snowflake22 (09-10-2013), xmas365 (09-10-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 7,975 Times in 1,269 Posts
Festive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the tree
Evening everyone! I am just making dinner so popping in quickly. I am making vegetarian sausages,butternut sqaush/Potatoe mash, yorkshire puddings and vegetables.

Looking forward to getting a little time out after the kids go to bed. My youngest has been so cranky of late and on top of him waking up at 3am every morning it's been a little tough.

The screen of my digital camera has been smashed, I think it might of been the baby playing with it. I don't know when it happened. Anyway DH ordered a new screen and it came today . He is hoping that he can replace it . I hope that is the only problem with it and it works! Fingers crossed. It was a christmas gift from DH a couple years ago.

I hope you all are having a good day. Back to making dinner and bath time for the children. DH won't be home from work till late.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (09-10-2013), Bradmac (09-10-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (09-10-2013), Holiday (09-10-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-10-2013), made582 (09-10-2013), Ryan (09-10-2013), Seawaters (09-10-2013), snowflake22 (09-10-2013), sugar142286 (09-10-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 10:01 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,474 Times in 9,043 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
Good morning,

Just watching a little TV before leaving for my appt. Merlin is sitting next to me sleeping, he is our "old guy" and he always needs to be with someone. I have got to head out, my doctor will probably tell me the same thing he always tells me, I have to lose weight.

Hey, I eat all the cookies, but don't finish the milk.

I will be back later.

Enjoy your day!!!!
I hope your doctor appointment goes well!

Originally Posted by brent View Post
Good morning everyone!

A warm day ahead. Temperatures are to only be in the mid 70s but lower 90s with humiex. It should be interesting! No big plans for today. I'll keep applying for jobs. I also have a doctor's appointment in just over an hour. It's routine active release therapy appointment on my knee. It was a little sore about a week ago but it has since calmed down. Everything should be good!

I think I should be getting ready though. I only have about 30 minutes to get ready. Have a great morning everyone! Enjoy your Tuesday!
I hope your knee heals 100%!

Originally Posted by Kimothy View Post
Hello MMCers!

How are all of you? Missy and I are fine. I don't recall the last time I posted in this page (sorry!) but since then, I've been working for the Bureau of Unclaimed Property, Missy and I celebrated 1 year of being "mommy and furdaughter", I'm still active in the Transplant Games (headed for Houston next summer!), and in a long-distance relationship with a great guy!
Good to hear from you and glad you are doing well!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Holiday (09-10-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-10-2013), made582 (09-10-2013), Seawaters (09-10-2013), snowflake22 (09-10-2013), sugar142286 (09-10-2013), xmas365 (09-10-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 10:07 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Cetacea View Post
You guys are writing too much. I can't answer to all those posts. Therefore I just try to spread as many "thanks" as I can.
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Please, don't worry about this at all. There's absolutely no obligation to answer every post. Just enjoy reading the posts when you can. We're happy just to have you here ... trust me, nobody's keeping score!
Really? Then why does Made keep sending me a report card with bad marks? I have a failing grade on the subject, "Replying to Post on the Christmas Countdown".

Ha ha! Kidding, of course!

Catacea, I have not done a good job keeping up either and hate when I miss big news. It's okay! MerryCarey is right, nobody's keeping score! Please stop by often and never feel obligated to reply to everything. We are just glad you are here! =)

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Cetacea (09-16-2013), Holiday (09-10-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-10-2013), made582 (09-10-2013), MerryCarey (09-10-2013), Seawaters (09-10-2013), snowflake22 (09-10-2013), sugar142286 (09-10-2013), xmas365 (09-10-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 10:10 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,326 Times in 3,114 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
Evening everyone! I am just making dinner so popping in quickly. I am making vegetarian sausages,butternut sqaush/Potatoe mash, yorkshire puddings and vegetables.

Looking forward to getting a little time out after the kids go to bed. My youngest has been so cranky of late and on top of him waking up at 3am every morning it's been a little tough.

The screen of my digital camera has been smashed, I think it might of been the baby playing with it. I don't know when it happened. Anyway DH ordered a new screen and it came today . He is hoping that he can replace it . I hope that is the only problem with it and it works! Fingers crossed. It was a christmas gift from DH a couple years ago.

I hope you all are having a good day. Back to making dinner and bath time for the children. DH won't be home from work till late.
I hope the camera turns out fine!! Eek!! Enjoy your evening!!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (09-10-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-10-2013), made582 (09-10-2013), Seawaters (09-10-2013), snowflake22 (09-10-2013), sugar142286 (09-10-2013), xmas365 (09-10-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 10:19 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by sugar142286 View Post
Anyone want to come help me do my cleaning? Made? CAH?
Does it include dinner? =)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Holiday (09-10-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-10-2013), made582 (09-10-2013), Seawaters (09-10-2013), snowflake22 (09-10-2013), sugar142286 (09-10-2013), xmas365 (09-10-2013)
Old 09-10-2013, 10:20 AM
North Pole's RN

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,932 Times in 13,211 Posts
sugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Does it include dinner? =)
Sure! Let me know what you would like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
- Burton Hillis
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sugar142286 For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (09-10-2013), Holiday (09-10-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-10-2013), made582 (09-10-2013), Seawaters (09-10-2013), snowflake22 (09-10-2013), xmas365 (09-10-2013)