Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,464
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
“There Was a Boy Who...
By MerryCarey
10-26-2011 11:22 AM
54,279 Views  0 Posts
Playing Head Games with...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:20 PM
74,606 Views  0 Posts
Once Upon a Foggy...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:05 PM
50,070 Views  0 Posts
Diary of a Snow Shoveler
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:38 PM
0 Posts
"The Purloined...
By MerryCarey
05-21-2012 11:34 AM
55,411 Views  0 Posts

Old 09-11-2013, 08:09 AM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 70,545 Times in 14,049 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by gabulldawg View Post
Good morning everyone! I am still out sick with kidney stones but I am feeling better.I may try work tomorrow...But I was just in bed watching tv and cat napping when I saw my first Christmas commercial!!! It was the Kmaart Layaway commercial with the gingerbread man! That alone makes me feel so much better.Has anyone else seen a commercial yet...? Up until now I have not even seen any fall/Halloween commercials. What a great way to start the day...now if I could just pass these stones!!! Have a great day everyone!
I hope those stones pass quickly.

Go Bruins!!!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to xmas365 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (09-11-2013), Festive Spirit (09-11-2013), Holiday (09-11-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-11-2013), made582 (09-11-2013), Seawaters (09-11-2013), snowflake22 (09-11-2013)
Old 09-11-2013, 08:10 AM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Thanked 41,312 Times in 6,481 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
Niece .. Emergency gallbladder surgery.. Best thoughts needed.. She's so special to me ..

Thanks
She will be in my prayers.

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
not feeling good this morning . I have to go to work at 10 am but not sure at this point I would make it standing there all day. But I cannot afford to take a whole day off. Why can I not get sick on a day I only have 4 hours.
Maybe in an hour or so I will feel better.
Going to be supper hot again today and humid again. It is already 22c (71f) feeling like 31c (87f) and the sun is not even up yet.
Hope you feel better Christmasstar.

Originally Posted by ballcoach View Post
I say we take a holiday.....create one.....everybody stay home, sleep late, and get up and drink coffee....
Sounds perfect.

Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
Great news, DH was able to replace the screen to my Digi Camera and it is working fantastic now! Love him so much , he never fails me!
Glad to hear the camera is fixed, have a great day Festive Spirit!

Good morning everyone! I am still out sick with kidney stones but I am feeling better.I may try work tomorrow...But I was just in bed watching tv and cat napping when I saw my first Christmas commercial!!! It was the Kmaart Layaway commercial with the gingerbread man! That alone makes me feel so much better.Has anyone else seen a commercial yet...? Up until now I have not even seen any fall/Halloween commercials. What a great way to start the day...now if I could just pass these stones!!! Have a great day everyone!
Sending prayers, get well soon!
Old 09-11-2013, 08:13 AM

Last Achievements

xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Woohoo!! I did see the Kmart commercial lady night =} Now I'll be on the lookout for Party City!

Take care & get well soon, dawg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't seen the commercial on TV yet, but there is "controversy" about it. It is just ridiculous.

I read about it on Defend Christmas and Real Christmas.
http://realchristmas.com/merry-christmas-kmart/

Go Bruins!!!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to xmas365 For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (09-11-2013), Christmasstar (09-11-2013), Festive Spirit (09-11-2013), Holiday (09-11-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-11-2013), made582 (09-11-2013), Seawaters (09-11-2013), snowflake22 (09-11-2013)
Old 09-11-2013, 08:14 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,807 Times in 9,094 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Binger, praying for your niece!

Gabulldawg, I hope you get well soon. I saw that same Christmas Kmart commercial last night! Happy times! =)

Homemakingirl, I am glad you are feeling better!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (09-11-2013), Festive Spirit (09-11-2013), Holiday (09-11-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-11-2013), made582 (09-11-2013), mgramsey (09-11-2013), Seawaters (09-11-2013), snowflake22 (09-11-2013), xmas365 (09-11-2013)
Old 09-11-2013, 08:18 AM

Last Achievements

Good morning,

Just biding my time before going in to work. It will be a hot one today, in the 90's.
I received a call from my Dr, and my cholesterol is "mildly elevated" so I am going to have to change my diet to bring it down. C'est la vie

I have to get motivated for work soon.

ttyl

Go Bruins!!!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to xmas365 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (09-11-2013), Christmasstar (09-11-2013), Festive Spirit (09-11-2013), Holiday (09-11-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-11-2013), made582 (09-11-2013), mgramsey (09-11-2013), Seawaters (09-11-2013), snowflake22 (09-11-2013)
Old 09-11-2013, 08:20 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,807 Times in 9,094 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
I haven't seen the commercial on TV yet, but there is "controversy" about it. It is just ridiculous.

I read about it on Defend Christmas and Real Christmas.
http://realchristmas.com/merry-christmas-kmart/
Oh my! Just horrible they dare put out a commercial like this.

I did see it last night and I was excited!

Do they have anything better to do with their time than sit around sulking over a commercial that last 31 seconds? I mean, come on! There is nothing offensive about it. I don't have a problem if they thought to themselves that it was a little early but to make a public fuss about it and cause an uproar??? There are serious problems in the world and this is not one of them! It makes me wonder if they are miserable people 24/7.

Now I am making a fuss over people fussing! Ha ha! Rant over.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (09-11-2013), Christmasstar (09-11-2013), Festive Spirit (09-11-2013), Holiday (09-11-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-11-2013), made582 (09-11-2013), mgramsey (09-11-2013), Seawaters (09-11-2013), snowflake22 (09-11-2013), xmas365 (09-11-2013)
Old 09-11-2013, 08:22 AM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Thanked 41,312 Times in 6,481 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Hello everyone. It is going to be hot and humid here today, with a high of 90 degrees. It is supposed to cool off by Friday.
Not too much going on for me today, typical day of errands and chores.
I am having my coffee right now, watching the September 11th ceremonies. I can't believe it has been 12 years. It is so important to remember the victims, survivors and those who continue to fight for our freedom, today and always. May all who perished rest in peace. God Bless America.
Bradmac (09-11-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (09-11-2013), Christmasstar (09-11-2013), Festive Spirit (09-11-2013), Holiday (09-11-2013), made582 (09-11-2013), mgramsey (09-11-2013), Seawaters (09-11-2013), snowflake22 (09-11-2013), xmas365 (09-11-2013)
Old 09-11-2013, 08:25 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,779 Times in 3,193 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
tree

It's wonderful Wednesday, we are halfway through the week again!

Great news, DH was able to replace the screen to my Digi Camera and it is working fantastic now! Love him so much , he never fails me!

I am doing my weekly online shop and I just noticed that they added another christmas section - Christmas Bakery. There are already some lovely festive goodies on there. It made my day! Wow guys , it really is beginning to look alot like christmas!

I have decided to repaint our living room. It needed touching up (kids!) so I am going to change the colour and get new wallpaper for the chimney breast. It won't be too much of a big job as the room is small. Anyway I want to get it done before Halloween.

Ok well I'm off to get a few things done but I will be in and out of here through out the day as usual You all make great company, thank you!

Happy Pines Day!
AWESOME your hubby was able to fix your camera. YAY!!! Great find on the Christmas Bakery! YAY!! Take pictures of your family room when you are done!!! It's always a relief when it's done!!!

Originally Posted by Kimothy View Post
**yawns** 'Morning!! Yesterday was a loooong day for me (work plus Lung Gathering almost immediately after) so I'm feeling kind of pooped.

Hope you all have a great day.
I hope you find some energy today!! Take care!!

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
not feeling good this morning . I have to go to work at 10 am but not sure at this point I would make it standing there all day. But I cannot afford to take a whole day off. Why can I not get sick on a day I only have 4 hours.
Maybe in an hour or so I will feel better.
Going to be supper hot again today and humid again. It is already 22c (71f) feeling like 31c (87f) and the sun is not even up yet.
CS - What are you doing! Nip that in the bud & get better!!!

Originally Posted by ballcoach View Post
I say we take a holiday.....create one.....everybody stay home, sleep late, and get up and drink coffee....
I am SO IN!!!!! That sounds so wonderful!!

Spoken like a man PRE- fatherhood! Sleep late? Get up when you want to? Finish a coffee while it's still hot, or even find time to make one?.......kiss it all goodbye mate! LOL!

I did see the Kmart commercial a couple times. Makes me smile!!!! I also love the Hallmark commercial for the Countdown to Christmas. I hope the stone(s) passes quickly on their own!!!

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Got up a couple of hours ago, made coffee and as soon as it was made the electricity went out! The whole neighborhood went out and finally got up and running about an hour ago.

The temps are finally dropping, around 94 degrees for the high today and I am actually a little happier about that. It will be right at 90 for the high this weekend. Maybe this is a sign that our triple digits are finally coming to an end!

Just wanted to stop by and say hi! Have a Merry Day!
Well, at least you got coffee made before the electric went out. Lol! Enjoy your "cool" weather. Have a Merry Day yourself!

Ha ha!

I am happy about the "cool down" of 94 and you are in a heat wave of 95! I am not thrilled with 94 but it's a lot better than that over 100 stuff! The weather guy just actually said cold front this weekend. Cold front? The high will be 90! I better get my winter coat out!
Ha ha ha!!!

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Hang in there, Star. But if you get to feeling too bad, go home and get some rest. Health is worth more than money.

Sounds good---add tea and hot cocoa options to that coffee!
Party at my house - I have coffee, tea & hot chocolate for the Keurig!!

Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
Thank you, I'm feeling better this morning!
Glad to hear it!

HAPPY PINES DAY EVERYONE!!! WOOT!!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (09-11-2013), Christmasstar (09-11-2013), Festive Spirit (09-11-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-11-2013), made582 (09-11-2013), Seawaters (09-11-2013), snowflake22 (09-11-2013), xmas365 (09-11-2013)
Old 09-11-2013, 08:31 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,779 Times in 3,193 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
Good morning,

Just biding my time before going in to work. It will be a hot one today, in the 90's.
I received a call from my Dr, and my cholesterol is "mildly elevated" so I am going to have to change my diet to bring it down. C'est la vie

I have to get motivated for work soon.

ttyl
Good luck getting your cholesterol lowered!! Walk, walk, walk!!!

Oh my! Just horrible they dare put out a commercial like this.

I did see it last night and I was excited!

Do they have anything better to do with their time than sit around sulking over a commercial that last 31 seconds? I mean, come on! There is nothing offensive about it. I don't have a problem if they thought to themselves that it was a little early but to make a public fuss about it and cause an uproar??? There are serious problems in the world and this is not one of them! It makes me wonder if they are miserable people 24/7.

Now I am making a fuss over people fussing! Ha ha! Rant over.
Too funny! But yes, I agree!!!

Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
Hello everyone. It is going to be hot and humid here today, with a high of 90 degrees. It is supposed to cool off by Friday.
Not too much going on for me today, typical day of errands and chores.
I am having my coffee right now, watching the September 11th ceremonies. I can't believe it has been 12 years. It is so important to remember the victims, survivors and those who continue to fight for our freedom, today and always. May all who perished rest in peace. God Bless America.
Well said! I watched it for a couple hours this morning. It's just heart breaking. I had to turn it off! Makes me too sad - and I'm at work! It is hard to believe it has been 12 years! Seems like yesterday watching it all over again! Enjoy your day!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (09-11-2013), Festive Spirit (09-11-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-11-2013), made582 (09-11-2013), Seawaters (09-11-2013), snowflake22 (09-11-2013), xmas365 (09-11-2013)
Old 09-11-2013, 08:41 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,453 Times in 1,973 Posts
brent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa envious
Good morning everyone!

It should be a warm one today. Temperatures are to reach into the upper 30s/90s with humidex. Strangely enough, we're only suppose to reach about 14c/57f on Friday. Such a change!

Kim and I were suppose to visit Tinseltown, Ottawa's year-round Christmas store, today, however she has yet to awaken. She has to work sometime later this afternoon, so I am hoping that she wakes up soon. Apparently, Tinseltown has plenty of their 2013 Christmas decorations now on display. I'm quite excited to see them! Of course, I will take pictures but since we are so close to the Blossoms thread, I am contemplating to hold off posting them until Crown debuts my favourite thread of the year!

Hopefully we can go soon! I hope everyone has a great Wednesday! It's 'Pines Day! Only two more remain in the month of September!

"The bells, the bows and the flashing lights, the mistletoes and the 'Silent Nights. It's all for show, but that's all right. That's not why I love this time of year..."
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to brent For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (09-11-2013), Bradmac (09-11-2013), Christmasstar (09-11-2013), Festive Spirit (09-11-2013), Holiday (09-11-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-11-2013), made582 (09-11-2013), mgramsey (09-11-2013), Seawaters (09-11-2013), snowflake22 (09-11-2013), xmas365 (09-11-2013)