Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Christmas Songs That Brings Back Your Old Memories???!!

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,451
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,178)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Mythical Beginnings...
By MMC Editor
07-17-2011 12:19 PM
0 Posts
“A Christmas Spectacle”...
By MerryCarey
05-11-2012 02:46 PM
36,003 Views  0 Posts
The Summer Creation of...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 10:05 PM
44,384 Views  0 Posts
A Christmas Carol
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:00 PM
188,690 Views  0 Posts
How to Fit the Tree in...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:44 PM
Last post by Christmas-A-Holic
06-27-2011 08:13 PM
44,685 Views  3 Posts

Old 09-17-2013, 12:29 AM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker
Last Achievements

holidaytwinkle5289 has shown a merry dispositionholidaytwinkle5289 has shown a merry dispositionholidaytwinkle5289 has shown a merry disposition
Christmas Songs That Brings Back Your Old Memories???!!

Hi Everyone,

So I am pretty sure everyone has at least 1 Christmas song that brings up a holiday memory (good/bad). What Christmas song takes you back to a particular memory/flashback. Mines?

1. Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas, every time I hear this song it makes me remember being 4 years old shopping with my mommy at Macy's and wanting too go to Toys R Us too play!

2. Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmastime, when this song comes on it takes me back to when I was 9 years old watching Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer and hearing it in the movie for the first time, wondering who sings this groovy song?

3. Toni Braxton - The Christmas Song - Takes me back when I was young, living in our old house in Owings Mills, Maryland. The christmases were always white, this song would always come on the radio and was a popular listen in our house during Christmas Eve baking, gift wrapping, drinking hot chocolate under the tree. Great memories!

4. Destinys Child - 8 Days of Christmas - This was the first christmas album I bought when I was 12 years old. I have played it every year since then, and it always makes me think about Black Friday because we would always play this album in the car on the way to do Christmas shopping!

Share the songs that makes you remember the PAST!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to holidaytwinkle5289 For This Useful Post:
christmas87 (09-17-2013), Courtney (09-18-2013), Festive Spirit (09-17-2013), reindeerelf (09-18-2013), snowflake22 (09-17-2013), XmasDreams (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 03:28 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 7,988 Times in 1,273 Posts
Festive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the tree
I love this thread, thank you for thinking of it! You have some beautiful memories and I really enjoyed reading.

There are many christmas songs that bring back various memories for me.

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas always reminds me of my brother because we both love it so much. I think back to the days when we both still lived at our parents house and how we decorated the house together........

The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole takes me back to when I was very little. This almbum is my earliest memory of christmas music actually and therefore connected to my earliest memories of Christmas. It makes me remember christmases with my mum, dad and brother when we were all still together. Baking cakes with mum, helping dad hang lights, playing board games with my brother.....

The Salsoul Orchestra Christmas album - I can barely listen to this album without tearing up as it reminds me so much of my late father. He loved this. It reminds me of his love for the season. I remember him laughing and evenings spent with family friends during the season.

Silver Bells by Ann Murray reminds me of my mum and dad together, stealing kisses when they thought we weren't looking. They loved this song, I think of it as their christmas song. It makes me remember the nights we put our christmas tree up. Us switching off all the house lights and dad switching on the tree.....shiny red bells and baubles twinkling. I can just smell the boxes of decorations as we unpacked them....

Silent Night reminds me of church service. Do You Hear what I Hear brings back memories of singing in the church choir. Away in a Manger reminds me of our christmas pageants. The year I got to be an angel was so magical......I couldn't wait to wear my white sparkly wings.....I was so nervous waiting behind the stage.

Thank you for the trip down memory lane, I rather enjoyed it and if you don't mind I would love to add more when I remember......
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
christmas87 (09-17-2013), reindeerelf (09-18-2013), snowflake22 (09-17-2013), XmasDreams (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 06:01 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

christmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elf
One song that reminds me of when I was little is nat king cole the christmas song.it just reminds me when I would decorate with my family.another song is the theme song to a Charlie Brown christmas.i would listen to that every night in December and falling asleep to it knowing it was almost christmas.just that feeling you get when your a little kid around christmas.
reindeerelf (09-18-2013), snowflake22 (09-17-2013), XmasDreams (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 07:43 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,569 Times in 3,711 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
Whenever I hear any song from the soundtrack of Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer, it's 1964 and I'm 7 years old again!
reindeerelf (09-18-2013), snowflake22 (09-17-2013), XmasDreams (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 09:20 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,630 Times in 1,289 Posts
XmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by George Broderick, Jr. View Post
Whenever I hear any song from the soundtrack of Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer, it's 1964 and I'm 7 years old again!

Everyday I sing this at least once a day no matter where i am at. Yes gets lots of strange looks.

Jingle, Jingle, Jingle You will hear my sleigh bells ring
I am ol' Kris Kringle I'm the King of Jing-a-ling
Jingle, Jingle reindeer
Through the frosty air they'll go They are not just plain deer They're the fastest deer I know
-- HO HO You must believe that on Christmas Eve I won't pass you by
I'll dash away in my magic sleigh
Flying through the sky
Jingle, Jingle, Jingle
You will hear my sleigh bells ring
I am ol' Kris Kringle I'm the King of Jing-a-ling
I am ol' Kris Kringle I'm the King of Jing-a-ling HO HO!

As well as

Silver and gold
Silver and gold
Everyone wishes for silver and gold
How do you measure its worth?
Just by the pleasure it gives here on Earth.
Silver and gold
Silver and gold
Means so much more when I see
Silver and gold decorations
On every Christmas tree.
(Speech not heard on the album version)
What's a Christmas tree without tinsel and pretty silver and gold decorations? Can't really call it a Christmas tree, now can you? And think of all the fun and joy that would be lost on Christmas morning if all the young folks didn't get see that sparkling, happy tree.
Silver and gold
Silver and gold
Means so much more when I see
Silver and gold decorations
On every Christmas tree!
George Broderick, Jr. (09-18-2013), justme324 (09-27-2013), reindeerelf (09-18-2013), snowflake22 (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 09:47 AM
Had enough snow, thanks.
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,754 Times in 1,084 Posts
MerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to others
What a great thread! I can remember when I was a little girl, my Dad loved Theater Organ and Organ and Chimes Christmas records. Lynn Larsen, George Wright, Reginald Dixon....you name it. I also remember...

Johnny Bring the Pine Tree In (Johnny Mann Singers)
Wait for the Wagon and We'll Take a Christmas Ride (Have no idea who sang it)
Silent Night (Ray Coniff)
The 12 Gifts of Christmas (Frank Sinatra version of the 12 days of Christmas)
Now Is the Caroling Season (Fred Waring)
Hi Ho the Holly (Fred Waring)
Mistletoe and Holly (Frank Sinatra)

Also, anything from the Bing Crosby "Merry Christmas" album, which my Grandpa had.

Any time I hear these songs, I can almost see myself as a kid, decorating the tree and playing with my Grandpa's train garden. Those were some good times!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MerryBells For This Useful Post:
christmasjingles (09-17-2013), Clark (09-20-2013), reindeerelf (09-18-2013), snowflake22 (09-17-2013), XmasDreams (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 02:48 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,358 Times in 5,604 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Anything in the first three Goodyear "Great Songs of Christmas" LP series---my parents played them every year, and I still do. Hearing them means Christmastime is here!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Anne_Langston (09-18-2013), Clark (09-20-2013), reindeerelf (09-18-2013), snowflake22 (09-17-2013), XmasDreams (09-18-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 03:29 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,494 Times in 9,045 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I know I will think of more later but for now, There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays by Perry Como! I think of when my 2 kids were little we would pack up to go to my grandmothers house for Thanksgiving. My daughter and I would do all the cooking and play Christmas music (I know, Thanksgiving but Christmas is on our mind on that day since it kicks off to the holidays for us). That was the main song that her and I would sing out real loud together while we were cooking. Her solo line was "Some pumpkin pie"! The part where he says, "And some homemade pumpkin pie" - (her solo) "Some pumpkin pie"!!! Ha ha! Laughing just thinking about it. She is grown with a family of her own but we make sure to sing that together every year.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Clark (09-20-2013), Festive Spirit (09-18-2013), reindeerelf (09-18-2013), snowflake22 (09-17-2013), XmasDreams (09-18-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 05:12 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
"White Christmas"will always remind of of my parents. My Mom loved that song. Both my parents have passed away, and i still think of that song as "their song".
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to novelist For This Useful Post:
Clark (09-20-2013), Festive Spirit (09-18-2013), reindeerelf (09-18-2013), snowflake22 (09-17-2013), XmasDreams (09-18-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 06:19 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
White Christmas is the first song I heard Bing Crosby sing and fell in love with his voice that very minute. No one can compare. Also, reminds me of being at home with my parents.