Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Autumns here, is your Heating on yet?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,095
Threads: 53,960
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,317)
Welcome to our newest member, Xmas1986

Old 09-16-2013, 11:53 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

ryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elf
Yep - getting cold early morning and late evening. So chuck it on for the kids mostly to take the chill off. Not everyday yet though.

You can feel the autum 'nip' in the air and the evenings getting darker earlier - love that. Clocks go back in about 5 wks so be dark by 5.30

Fingers crossed for snow this winter
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ryansrs1 For This Useful Post:
Anne_Langston (09-18-2013), ballcoach (09-17-2013), ClaireLovesChristmas (09-18-2013), Festive Spirit (09-17-2013), Holiday (09-17-2013), XmasDreams (09-17-2013), Yuletide Junkie (09-17-2013)

Old 09-17-2013, 03:42 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,638 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
It has definatley dropped in temperature especially mornings and evenings. I have put it on maybe a couple nights recently for a couple hours mainly for the children's sake.

I love autumn too. I love snow and crisp cold days outdoors, BUT I don't like feeling cold inside the house LOL! I wish I had a real fire place!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Anne_Langston (09-18-2013), ballcoach (09-17-2013), ClaireLovesChristmas (09-18-2013), Holiday (09-17-2013), XmasDreams (09-17-2013), Yuletide Junkie (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 08:25 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

Father Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoeFather Christmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Seems like Europe is a bit colder than North America at the moment.

I'm looking forward to some country walks in the crisp cold air.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Father Christmas For This Useful Post:
Anne_Langston (09-18-2013), ballcoach (09-17-2013), Festive Spirit (09-17-2013), Holiday (09-17-2013), XmasDreams (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 08:41 AM
Emerging from the Cave
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,124 Times in 694 Posts
Courtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happyCourtney makes Santa very happy
Not yet, hoping to wait until mid to late October at least. We've had some nice, chilly Fall temps ranging from the 40s/50s in the mornings to afternoons in the 70s in the last 5 days. But, temps are going back up into the mid 80s in the next few days, so, there is no way the heat is getting turned on anytime soon.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:16 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,382 Times in 1,553 Posts
XmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companion
Nope no Heat yet. I usually wait about mid Nov to turn it on for the first time., Heck when i lived in Maine and Alaska most nights would leave windows open all winter long and keep the heat set at 64. Loved waking up having snow on the floor under the window

Hester, Pat (2013-11-14). Christmas Mall Follies (p. 56). . Kindle Edition.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XmasDreams For This Useful Post:
Anne_Langston (09-18-2013), Festive Spirit (09-17-2013), Holiday (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 09:29 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

BoxerMom has shown a merry dispositionBoxerMom has shown a merry dispositionBoxerMom has shown a merry dispositionBoxerMom has shown a merry dispositionBoxerMom has shown a merry disposition
Here in CT...was def cold this morning but it is supposed to warm up this week by almost 80 by the weekend.

So we will be keeping the heat off for now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BoxerMom For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (09-17-2013), Holiday (09-17-2013), XmasDreams (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 09:48 AM
is waiting for Fall
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,827 Times in 1,097 Posts
MerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to others
Here in Maryland it's not quite cold enough to turn the heat on. Maybe a few more weeks, and we'll be breaking out the jackets!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MerryBells For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 23,671 Times in 3,843 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by XmasDreams View Post
Nope no Heat yet. I usually wait about mid Nov to turn it on for the first time., Heck when i lived in Maine and Alaska most nights would leave windows open all winter long and keep the heat set at 64. Loved waking up having snow on the floor under the window
This made me laugh! Reminds me of us in the summer, driving with our convertible top down, AC on!!

Our house holds heat really well, so no heat for us yet. The AC is still on! I had to turn the AC down a degree in the middle of the night cuz I was hot - and it got down to 43º outside overnight! But with my allergies this time of year, opening windows is out...and I don't want to start with a sore throat already anyway!!!

Now at our trailer at the lake, I did turn on the Edenpure heater last weekend - both nights, but no furnace yet! It's not nearly as well insulated as our house & if it's cold outside, it's cold inside!!!! Same with hot - hot outside, HOT inside!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (09-17-2013), XmasDreams (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 09:54 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 23,671 Times in 3,843 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Great thread by the way!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (09-17-2013), Father Christmas (09-18-2013), Festive Spirit (09-17-2013), XmasDreams (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 10:30 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,510 Times in 920 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Nope no heater yet. Woke up this morning and it was 51 degrees outside and 66 degrees inside. Windows opened and an extra blanket on the bed. Love this weather! Perfect sleeping weather!

I do need to bring out the kids winter clothes and PJ. They are still packed up as I havent swicthed out the seasonally clothing yet.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post: