Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Traditions & Memories » Will You Help A Child, or Family This Christmas?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,129
Threads: 54,233
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,523)
Welcome to our newest member, H1095

Old 11-24-2007, 04:18 PM
mammaduke

santahat Will You Help A Child, or Family This Christmas?

Here at our local stores you can buy stuff that will be delivered to the shelter for battered woman & there children, they do this at the $1.00 store so you can really buy alot of things for them & not really go to broke. next week-end I'll be going to do my shopping to help them .

I was just wondering if others do anything like this .

Old 11-24-2007, 05:46 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
My husbands work sponsors about 80 foster kids in the area. He made the decision to make Christmas a happy one for one little girl. We had a ball shopping for her. I think we will do it again next year.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:46 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Yes I have already started. I have gave money, food to the local food bank and I also bought for a 1 y/o little boy!
Old 11-24-2007, 06:57 PM
mammaduke

santahat

Originally Posted by Annette1990 View Post
Yes I have already started. I have gave money, food to the local food bank and I also bought for a 1 y/o little boy!
That's really great, that is what the spirit of Christmas is all about.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
My husband and I have bought a gift for the little girl next door. She's only 5 years old, and lives with her grandmother, father, and aunt. They moved in not too long ago, and I know they don't have it easy. Since my husband and I have grown quite fond of the little one, we wanted to buy her a nice gift. WE don't consider them a "needy family", but the little girl's mother isn't in her life, and thats so sad.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:46 AM
mammaduke

santahat

Originally Posted by novelist View Post
My husband and I have bought a gift for the little girl next door. She's only 5 years old, and lives with her grandmother, father, and aunt. They moved in not too long ago, and I know they don't have it easy. Since my husband and I have grown quite fond of the little one, we wanted to buy her a nice gift. WE don't consider them a "needy family", but the little girl's mother isn't in her life, and thats so sad.
That is really great of you two to do that for her.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:10 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,100 Times in 13,428 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star was talking with my kids

we live in a town house complex so this year my son is making a tape of sleigh bells ringing and Santa saying ho-ho-ho! and late on Christmas eve he is going to walk around the neighbourhood playing the tape (while trying to stay out of sight!) While he does this, me and my daughter are going to hang a bag of cookies and a card on every ones door knobs. We went to the dollar store to pick up small bags to use and are hand making the cards.
It is going to be so much fun!
Old 11-30-2007, 11:27 PM
Christmas Royalty

clarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnog
I help all year round, giving is the best gift of all.