Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Show Us Your Christmas! True stories, pictures, videos and other media provided by Show Us Your Christmas.com that showcase how Christmas is done all around the world.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,845
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 09-15-2013, 05:10 AM
MMC Newshound

Thanked 1,555 Times in 1,078 Posts
ElfBot has disabled reputation
Hot Chocolate

Next year will mark ten years since the movie release of The Polar Express, the animated version of a popular children’s book that featured Tom Hanks in multiple roles. That means the kids who grew up on Polar Express are now celebrating Christmas as adults (many of them, at least). And for most, that includes […]

More...
HollyJolly (09-21-2013), Joyfully yours (09-22-2013), Solice (09-22-2013)

Old 09-21-2013, 10:56 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

HollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry disposition
That reminds me...I just picked up a new hot chocolate to try...

DAGOBA Organic Xocolatl Drinking Chocolate with Chilies & Cinnamon!!!

Can't wait!
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more. ---Theodor Seuss Geisel a.k.a. Dr. Seuss
Old 09-22-2013, 09:52 AM
Webmaster Partner, Why Christmas?

Last Achievements

whychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I had chocolate porridge for breakfast. It's like a more solid version of hot chocolate for breakfast Basically make it like normal but add some cocoa powder (might need some extra sugar/sweetnder depending on how bitter the cocoa is...)
Old 09-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,322 Times in 5,934 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by whychristmas View Post
I had chocolate porridge for breakfast. It's like a more solid version of hot chocolate for breakfast Basically make it like normal but add some cocoa powder (might need some extra sugar/sweetnder depending on how bitter the cocoa is...)
That's an interesting idea! Would that work with oatmeal? (Not the instant---I make the quick-cooking steel-cut oats for breakfast in the wintertime.) About how much cocoa?

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
Old 09-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,112 Times in 1,447 Posts
XmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companion
I always do this with my cream of wheat.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Hester, Pat (2013-11-14). Christmas Mall Follies (p. 56). . Kindle Edition.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:46 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

Joyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry disposition
Snowflake I love that Holiday movie!!!

I remember the evening I visited, for the very first time, the Polar Express Web-site. The music is what totally captured my imagination and assisted me in the wonder of the film. Especially when we come to the Hot Chocolate scene, I was totally captivated and could smell the hot cocoa! It truly is a holiday movie for the senses...for SURE!
I lived in Florida at the time it came out, and now I have my very own DVD of this classic. It just captures my heart and imagination to the fullest!
I enjoy a good cup of Hot Cocoa with a touch of rum.......YUMMMMM!!! And the cocoa I use is from Africa, and it's a low fat cocoa with great deep flavour. I also use this in my homemade Chili, and I utilize it in my Meatloaf!
Thanks for this posting!
Later........