Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » How does you Christmas Eve go??

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,434
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Xtree1 The Fir Tree
By MMC Editor
09-25-2011 07:00 AM
77,476 Views  0 Posts
The Rudolph Controversy
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:21 PM
47,919 Views  0 Posts
Martha Stewart's...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:37 PM
Last post by Stnicholas01
07-18-2013 01:37 PM
66,214 Views  1 Posts
Gift 2 Holiday Twist: Themed...
By MMC Editor
11-01-2012 12:32 AM
0 Posts
Elf (Movie Review)
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:23 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
11-18-2013 07:29 AM
61,254 Views  3 Posts

Old 11-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
How does you Christmas Eve go??

I was just wondering what happens on christmas eve at your house?? Do you have parties or are you all busy trying to get the kids to bed??

Old 11-26-2007, 11:44 AM
mammaduke

santahat

First we go to church, the we come home & watch different Christmas shows. We munch out on dips , chips, & cheese plates.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Sometimes we get with family and snack and have the kids exchange gifts. This year we will just do appetizers, have some wine and kick back at home. By Christmas Eve. all my wrapping and everything is done. It's very relaxing for me to just kick back and enjoy all my lights and decorations. Daughter and I may attend church too. It's not hard for me at all to get my little one to sleep. She knows the longer she stays up the longer it takes for Santa to arrive. Having a busy day helps too..she is usually ready to crash. My problem is me and my husband usually have to wake her up in the morning to open presents, she likes to sleep in a bit. And husband and I are early risers so by 6-7 am we are ready to open gifts....*L*
Old 11-26-2007, 01:10 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

xmascrackers has shown a merry disposition
Christmas eve this year will be spent with the final Christmas shopping for Cream and fresh fruit and the preparation of the Christmas day platters so that I dont have to cook on Christmas day (except for the whitebait patties of course) then in the evening with the Christmas display running we will get a large number of visits for this and friends and family will arrive to watch all the people comming and going. It is a busy nite.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:44 PM
Santa Clausologist

officepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elf
whitebait patties

What is that??

Diana
Old 11-26-2007, 04:54 PM
mammaduke

santahat

Originally Posted by officepro4u View Post
whitebait patties

What is that??

Diana
I was wondering the same thing. I've never heard of them before.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:55 PM
mammaduke

Originally Posted by xmascrackers View Post
Christmas eve this year will be spent with the final Christmas shopping for Cream and fresh fruit and the preparation of the Christmas day platters so that I dont have to cook on Christmas day (except for the whitebait patties of course) then in the evening with the Christmas display running we will get a large number of visits for this and friends and family will arrive to watch all the people comming and going. It is a busy nite.
We are wondering what are whitebait patties ?
Old 11-27-2007, 02:17 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

xmascrackers has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by officepro4u View Post
whitebait patties

What is that??

Diana
Whitebait patties - Whitebait are the juvenile stage of several native fish of New Zealand. They are around 1 inch long. At this time of year these little fish swim upriver from the sea where they hatch and make their way up into the rivers to grow and develop. They are caught in fine nets early in their journey up river before they start feeding for the first time. They are mixed with a light batter of egg, flour, salt and pepper and fried in hot dripping. An exquisite taste that has a very short season.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:07 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Christmas Eve is spent at my In-laws house. They have a huge Christmas Eve open house where my MIL makes the BEST appetizers and my FIL makes the world's strongest screwdrivers (seriously 99% vodka and a splash of orange juice). People drop in all evening to enjoy the Christmas music, movies and company. Then, we all have dinner as a family (usually lasagna or something equally festive) and open gifts.

Of course, this year will be different. I just realized that as I was typing. I don't know how I forgot that my FIL is no longer with us. We'll still be going over there and I'm sure there will still be appetizers and my DH will probably make the screwdrivers but, no doubt, it will be different without FIL.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:14 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Sanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elfSanity Clause is a good elf
I will watch Christmas TV and play Christmas games and get excited and the presents will go under the tree. I'll listen to Christmas CDs and have an early bath and fill my Christmas stocking.Then I'll chat with my girlfriend and we will open our gifts on webcam in front of each other, and then I'll go to bed with my stuffed stocking hanging on my door.