Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > TV » When will the classics air?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

TV For any child of the 1960s (and later) Christmas just wouldn't be the same without television. Talk Christmas on the tube here, brought to us and constantly updated by the most comprehensive Christmas television resource online, MerryChristmasTV.net.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,090
Threads: 53,932
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,862)
Welcome to our newest member, flockman02

Old 09-23-2013, 11:52 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
When will the classics air?

Is there ever a press release around this time of year (or in October) letting people know when the classics will air during the Christmas season this year?

Stuff like "A Charlie Brown Christmas", "Frosty the Snowman", "Rudolf the Rednosed Reindeer", "How the Grinch Stole Christmas", and "It's a Wonderful Life", surely the major networks (NBC, ABC, and CBS) know when they're going to air those specials by now?

And yes, I'm ready to watch some Holiday programming NOW.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
HollyJolly (09-25-2013), Minta (09-25-2013), snowflake22 (09-25-2013), XmasDreams (09-23-2013), yolie8174 (09-25-2013)

Old 09-25-2013, 09:28 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

HollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry disposition
I got tired of waiting. That's why I started buying dvds last year. Still have a way to go though.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more. ---Theodor Seuss Geisel a.k.a. Dr. Seuss
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HollyJolly For This Useful Post:
Minta (09-25-2013), snowflake22 (09-25-2013), XmasDreams (09-25-2013), yolie8174 (09-25-2013)
Old 09-25-2013, 10:40 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,510 Times in 920 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
I have most on DVD but there is just something about watching them on the regular TV. I am tempted to watch White Christmas tonight.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (09-25-2013), XmasDreams (09-25-2013), yolie8174 (09-25-2013)
Old 09-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

RachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elfRachRon is a good elf
Originally Posted by Minta View Post
I have most on DVD but there is just something about watching them on the regular TV. I am tempted to watch White Christmas tonight.
That is so true even though you have them on DVD there is nothing like watching them on tv.I enjoy the holiday themed commercials as much as the specials themselves.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RachRon For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (09-25-2013), XmasDreams (09-25-2013), yolie8174 (09-25-2013)
Old 09-25-2013, 11:37 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
Originally Posted by RachRon View Post
That is so true even though you have them on DVD there is nothing like watching them on tv.I enjoy the holiday themed commercials as much as the specials themselves.
Quoted for truth. The holiday commercials actually make the experience more memorable, especially when the Networks have bumpers that say stuff like "We'll return to our presentation of Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer in a moment, and from all of us here at NBC: Merry Christmas!". Stuff like that. (and that's why I don't care to own them on DVD).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
XmasDreams (09-25-2013), yolie8174 (09-25-2013)
Old 09-25-2013, 12:18 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,366 Times in 1,544 Posts
XmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by KWasser View Post
Quoted for truth. The holiday commercials actually make the experience more memorable, especially when the Networks have bumpers that say stuff like "We'll return to our presentation of Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer in a moment, and from all of us here at NBC: Merry Christmas!". Stuff like that. (and that's why I don't care to own them on DVD).

record the TV version with the commercials either via VHS or Digital to a computer then burn it to DVD and you have the best of both worlds.

Hester, Pat (2013-11-14). Christmas Mall Follies (p. 56). . Kindle Edition.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

yolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnog
This is so true, for me it reminds me of watching the specials when my son was little boy.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:29 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
I can't wait for the Holiday special 's on tv. I'm glad too, we own so many movies,so we can a dvd whenever we want.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

noles21 has shown a merry disposition
I think they always play "It's a Wonderful Life" on Christmas Eve and possibly Thanksgiving/day after thanksgiving. It seems like they always play Rudolph the first Tuesday of December and Frosty tends to be on a Saturday shortly after. I'm not sure how correct all of this is - but I think that is how it typically has been in the past few years